• In 1967 in Pakistan, Rupban was plucking a chicken when she went into labor and gave birth to a girl names Nazneen. The sickly child teetered on the brink of death but fate determined that she live.
• Nazneen's father arranged a marriage for her when she was eighteen. She would go to England with her husband.
• In London, in 1905, Nazneen wonders about her sister Hasina as she cooks and does the housework and gossips with Mrs. Islam.
• At dinner, Dr. Azad and Chanu discuss the role of the Pakistani immigrants in London.
• Chanu is educated with a degree from Dhaka University and is working on another degree in London. He is worrying abut obtaining a promotion at work. He is good to Nazneen who soon tells him that she is pregnant.
• Nazneen goes out on her own after Chanu leaves for work. She is wandering around...
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)