|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starred in City Lights?
(a) Errol Flynn.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Peter Lorre.
(d) John Huston.
2. Where was Die Asthetschen Anschauungen Berthold Brechts published?
3. What does Brecht say was a characteristic of actors in theatre of his time?
(a) They were gods.
(b) They were money-driven.
(c) They were war mongers.
(d) They were panic-driven.
4. Piscator's Theater am Nollendorfplatz was based on _____ principles.
5. Die Mutter is a piece of anti-metaphysical, materialistic, _____drama.
6. _____ are Brecht's collected plays in twelve volumes by Surhkamp and by Aufbau from 1953 and after.
(b) Epischen Theater.
7. In reference to film, Brecht felt that the mechanization of literary production cannot be _____.
(b) Thrown off a cliff.
(d) Thrown into reverse.
8. Brecht felt that in the great American comedies, the human being is presented as _____.
(a) An object.
(b) An animal.
(c) A tyrant.
(d) An oracle.
9. What did Brecht win in 1922 for Trommeln in der Nacht?
(a) A Tony Award.
(b) An Oscar.
(c) The Nobel Prize.
(d) The Kleist Prize.
10. What is the name of the Mother in Die Mutter?
11. What does Brecht praise Georg Kaiser for?
12. Brecht states that concern with subject and concern with form are _____.
(d) Mutually exclusive.
13. Brecht describes the Aristotelian play as essentially _____.
14. Who does Brecht mention in association with London theatre when he talks about the theatre centers of the world?
15. With whom did Brecht collaborate on the Berlin production of his first play, Baal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Die Asthetschen Anschauungen Berthold Brechts?
2. Which aspect of epic theatre enlightened the spectator about facts unknown to him?
3. How does Brecht describe sport audiences?
4. In one of Brecht's examples of how projections were used, projections of warships being launched were running while two characters were fighting over _____.
5. _____ is fifteen volumes of Brecht's writings published by Kiepenheuer, Berlin.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)