|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1948-1956 (Berlin), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which aspect of epic theatre enlightened the spectator about facts unknown to him?
(a) The narrator.
(c) Pre-show talks.
2. The American stage was said by Brecht to shun _____.
3. Brecht states that "A theatre which makes no contact with the public is _____."
4. How does Brecht describe the setting of the Threepenny Opera?
(a) As intricate.
(b) As realistic.
(c) As unreal.
(d) As simple.
5. What were the colors used to develop the color scheme for morning in Galileo?
(a) Orange, lilac, and sage.
(b) Green, blue, and pink.
(c) Pumpkin, olive, and caramel.
(d) White, yellow, and gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Brecht collaborate on the Berlin production of his first play, Baal?
2. Who wrote the play, Konjunktur?
3. What were the left-wing Socialists called in Brecht's time?
4. Why was Antigone picked up for production?
5. From the pseudo-classical German point of view, the first prison scene in the Threepenny Opera is a/an _____.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)