|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1947-1948 (Zurich).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Major form is designed to realize material for _____, according to Brecht.
(a) The short run.
(b) The times.
(c) The masses.
2. Who was the interviewer in "Conversations with Bert Brecht"?
(a) Helen Weigel.
(b) Rheinhold Grimm.
(c) Bernard Guillemin.
(d) Samuel Bernadin.
3. Woyzeck buys a _____ in order to do his wife in.
(a) Pick axe.
(d) Cheap knife.
4. Brecht felt that in the great American comedies, the human being is presented as _____.
(a) An animal.
(b) An oracle.
(c) A tyrant.
(d) An object.
5. Brecht sees his epoch as having a _____ enjoyment of theatre than the ancients had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brecht mention in association with Paris theatre when he talks about the theatre centers of the world?
2. In reference to film, Brecht felt that the mechanization of literary production cannot be _____.
3. Elisabeth Begner and Rudolf Forster starred in Shaw's _____ in 1924.
4. What is the name of Peter Lorre's character, the packer in Mann ist Mann?
5. _____ are Brecht's collected plays in twelve volumes by Surhkamp and by Aufbau from 1953 and after.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)