|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1918-1932 (Augsburg, Munich, Berlin), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brecht describe sport audiences?
(a) As fair and shrewd.
(b) As boorish and thoughtless.
(c) As rich and snobbish.
(d) As square and lewd.
2. What is the main task of epic theatre?
(a) To exaggerate.
(b) To report.
(c) To emote.
(d) To mask.
3. Brecht states that "A theatre which makes no contact with the public is _____."
4. _____ is two volumes of collected plays published by Malik Verlag, London.
(b) Gesammelte Werke.
(c) Schriffen zum Theater.
5. _____ essays in magazines have also been used for reference in this book.
(d) Pre-World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Marxist phrase for the whole body of art, ideas, and morality of any given society?
2. What does Brecht praise Georg Kaiser for?
3. _____ are Brecht's collected poems.
4. The organization of this book is _____.
5. The translator's notes in number 37 give a provisional account of the most important of Brecht's _____.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)