|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1918-1932 (Augsburg, Munich, Berlin), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked who Brecht wrote for in "Conversations with Bert Brecht", he said that he wrote for people who wanted to have fun and didn't hesitate to keep their _____ on in the theatre.
2. What sort of approach does Brecht say the opera Mahagonny adopts?
(a) A hedonistic approach.
(b) A didactic approach.
(c) A pedantic approach.
(d) A communal approach.
3. _____ is a collection of Brecht's theoretical writings published by Surhkamp.
(c) Schriften zum Theater.
4. Brecht's _____ on theater are not included in this book.
(c) Students' essays.
5. The translator's notes in number 37 give a provisional account of the most important of Brecht's _____.
(a) Personal favorites.
(c) Theoretical works.
(d) Fact-finding notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where dramatic theatre emphasizes plot, epic theatre emphasizes _____.
2. What did Brecht win in 1922 for Trommeln in der Nacht?
3. _____ are Brecht's collected poems.
4. Who wrote Die Asthetschen Anschauungen Berthold Brechts?
5. Elisabeth Begner and Rudolf Forster starred in Shaw's _____ in 1924.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)