|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1918-1932 (Augsburg, Munich, Berlin), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like Tolstoy and Strindberg, Brecht says that Wedekind was one of the greatest _____ of modern Europe.
2. What were the left-wing Socialists called in Brecht's time?
(a) The Strong Arm Society.
(b) The USPD.
(c) The Collective.
(d) The NKVD.
3. How does Brecht describe sport audiences?
(a) As boorish and thoughtless.
(b) As rich and snobbish.
(c) As fair and shrewd.
(d) As square and lewd.
4. How did Brecht characterize Shaw's work in "A Catching Infection: Fun"?
(a) As extraordinarily healthy.
(b) As addictively engrossing.
(c) As tediously pedantic.
(d) As ego-driven.
5. _____ is fifteen volumes of Brecht's writings published by Kiepenheuer, Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that contains Walter Nubel Brecht's bibliography that lists Berthold Brecht's works?
2. Brecht states that opera cannot be wished away and its _____ have an important social function.
3. When asked who Brecht wrote for in "Conversations with Bert Brecht", he said that he wrote for people who wanted to have fun and didn't hesitate to keep their _____ on in the theatre.
4. Brecht states that concern with subject and concern with form are _____.
5. Who wrote Die Asthetschen Anschauungen Berthold Brechts?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)