|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1918-1932 (Augsburg, Munich, Berlin), Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ are Brecht's collected plays in twelve volumes by Surhkamp and by Aufbau from 1953 and after.
(b) Epischen Theater.
2. The organization of this book is _____.
3. What is the main task of epic theatre?
(a) To exaggerate.
(b) To emote.
(c) To report.
(d) To mask.
4. Who wrote Die Asthetschen Anschauungen Berthold Brechts?
(a) Helge Hultberg.
(c) Werner Hecht.
(d) Helene Weigel.
5. What does Brecht call people who came to the theatre to get their cockles warmed in "Conversations with Bert Brecht"?
(a) Pot ash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Brecht's Frankfurt publishers?
2. What did Brecht win in 1922 for Trommeln in der Nacht?
3. Where dramatic theatre emphasizes plot, epic theatre emphasizes _____.
4. How does Brecht describe sport audiences?
5. Which two essays in the book are from the Brecht Archive, which were the only ones the editor of this book allowed to reproduce?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)