|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1947-1948 (Zurich).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main task of epic theatre?
(a) To exaggerate.
(b) To emote.
(c) To mask.
(d) To report.
2. Which aspect of epic theatre enlightened the spectator about facts unknown to him?
(a) Pre-show talks.
(b) The narrator.
3. In terms of aesthetics, Galileo spoke of the elegance of certain _____.
(c) External techniques.
(d) Fundamentalist tendencies.
4. Theatre became an affair for _____ in light of the changes made by the ideals of epic theatre.
(d) Ladies in big hats.
5. Where did Piscator go 'gloomily' off to to make films after he staged Section 218?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Life of Galileo, the child's true mother is found by means of a _____.
2. Brecht describes the Aristotelian play as essentially _____.
3. Where dramatic theatre emphasizes plot, epic theatre emphasizes _____.
4. The actor masters his character by paying critical attention to its _____.
5. Who does Brecht mention in association with London theatre when he talks about the theatre centers of the world?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)