|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, how does Patrick leave the police station?
2. In Chapter 34, how much work does Patrick do as a prostitute to make ends meet?
3. What does Father Bernard dream about in Chapter 32?
4. What day of the week is it in Chapter 48?
5. How old is Father Bernard in Patrick's story in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 33, how does Patrick describe Eily's decision after finding how she was pregnant?
2. How does Patrick spend his days in Chapter 56?
3. How does the Lurex Avenger appear in Chapter 43?
4. In Chapter 54, what makes Patrick so angry and how does he respond?
5. What types of things does Patrick describe doing as a prostitute in Chapter 34?
6. What does Patrick do in Chapter 53 to try to feel loved?
7. What is strange about Patrick's newfound love in Chapter 52?
8. What do the detectives think of Patrick in Chapter 40?
9. How is Patrick able to get close to Vicky in Chapter 47?
10. What does Patrick hallucinate in Chapter 44?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patrick searches for love throughout this novel. What is Patrick's definition of love? Use examples from the text to support your definition. How does Patrick's version of love compare to the definitions of love that other characters have? How does Patrick's meaning of love affect him?
Essay Topic 2
How does Patrick's gender confusion develop his character? How does it affect his relationships with other people? When is his gender confusion helpful to him and when does it harm him? Why do you think the author had Patrick deal with issues of gender confusion?
Essay Topic 3
How is religion portrayed in "Breakfast on Pluto"? How are religious people portrayed? What is the author's message about religion?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)