|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 40, how long has Patrick been incarcerated?
2. What does Patrick do to Vicky at the end of Chapter 47?
3. Who is Patrick in Chapter 44?
4. Where does Patrick meet his new love in Chapter 52?
5. Whom does Brendan begin to talk with in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a client, what does Vernon request of Patrick?
2. In Chapter 36, what does Patrick do in West End?
3. What hallucination does Patrick have in Chapter 41?
4. What does Patrick do when he visits a disco-pub in Chapter 38?
5. What do the detectives think of Patrick in Chapter 40?
6. How does Patrick feel about being released from police custody?
7. What is strange about Patrick's newfound love in Chapter 52?
8. What does Patrick write about in Chapter 32?
9. What happens to Irwin in Chapter 46 after leaving the bar?
10. How does Patrick spend his days in Chapter 56?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Patrick's gender confusion develop his character? How does it affect his relationships with other people? When is his gender confusion helpful to him and when does it harm him? Why do you think the author had Patrick deal with issues of gender confusion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Patrick is looking for a caregiver in "Breakfast on Pluto". What type of caregiver is he seeking? How does he look for this person and what are the results?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of fire in "Breakfast on Pluto". How is it used? What does it mean for Patrick? What does fire symbolize?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)