|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does the narrator have in Chapter 23?
2. What advice did Terence give Patrick for dealing with his feelings?
3. In Chapter 16, who does Patrick remember giving him twenty dollars?
4. What does Patrick refer to his mother's house as?
5. How is Charlie described in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Charlie and Patrick discuss glam rock in Chapter 10?
2. What nickname does Patrick give Laurence, and where does it come from?
3. What do Patrick and Charlie do when Patrick moves in, in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Patrick do when he is dressed as a woman?
5. What types of imaginary games does the "Kane Gang" play?
6. What happens when Peepers Egan confronts Patrick about his essays?
7. In Chapter 30, how does Patrick think about what could have been?
8. What happens between Patrick and Silky String in Chapter 19?
9. What happens when Patrick first goes to Piccadilly Circus in Chapter 18?
10. In Chapter 24, what does Patrick begin to do at a hotel in the morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Whiskers. What role does she play in the development of Patrick and of the plot? How does her physical appearance define her?
Essay Topic 2
How is Patrick a tragic hero? Define tragic hero and explain how Patrick matches this definition and how he does not.
Essay Topic 3
How is Mulvey's a place where this novel comes to a climax? Why did the author choose this location? How does Mulvey's affect Patrick?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)