|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the priests doing in Chapter 32?
(a) Playing football.
(b) Making their beds.
(d) Reading out loud from the Bible.
2. What do Horse and his friends buy Irwin at the bar?
(a) Shots of vodka.
(b) Whiskey and soda.
(c) Pints of beer.
(d) His own barstool.
3. What does Patrick do to Father Bernard before burning down the church in Chapter 48?
(a) He slaps him.
(b) He flashes him.
(c) He dances with him.
(d) He yells at him.
4. Where do Horse and Jackie take Irwin in Chapter 46?
(a) To a forest.
(b) To a hill.
(c) To a river.
(d) To a lake.
5. What does Patrick do to Mulvey's in Chapter 49?
(a) He shoots through the window.
(b) He breaks the bar stools.
(c) He leaves a bomb in the closet.
(d) He lights the bar on fire.
6. At the end of Chapter 53, what bothers Patrick?
(a) Brendan doesn't notice him.
(b) The price of drinks went up.
(c) He misses Irwin.
(d) Brendan turned him down.
7. In Chapter 50, how does Patrick leave the police station?
(a) With the help of a newspaper reporter.
(b) By force.
(c) By running.
(d) With a police escort.
8. Where does Eily decide to leave her baby?
(a) With her parents.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) On the Braden's doorstep.
(d) At a church.
9. What does Patrick want to do when he finds out Terence won't be his doctor anymore?
(a) He wants to find a new doctor quickly.
(b) He wants to burn his stories.
(c) He wants to beat up Terence.
(d) He wants to know why.
10. In Chapter 41, whom does Eily ask if she can have her son back?
11. What does Patrick do with all the clothes he wore as a prostitute?
(a) Donates them.
(b) Saves them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Sells them.
12. In Chapter 39, who usually goes to the restaurant the IRA decide to bomb?
(a) Young politicians.
(b) The Irish.
(d) Members of parliament.
13. What is Eily short for?
14. Why is Patrick angry with Big Vicky?
(a) He is friends with Father Bernard.
(b) He talked Eily into giving away her baby.
(c) He was responsible for Pat's death.
(d) He was responsible for Irwin's death.
15. In Chapter 34, who does Patrick explain his profession to?
(b) Mr. Bergin.
(c) Father Bernard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what does Big Joe Kiernan plan to do?
2. In Chapter 56, where does Patrick search for his mother?
3. Whose grave do Charlie and Patrick visit in Chapter 55?
4. What does Patrick do to Vicky at the end of Chapter 47?
5. Whom does Brendan begin to talk with in Chapter 54?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)