|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one who had the abortion and tells Leon and Mah, even though there doesn't seem to be a reason to do so?
2. In what city do Leila and her parents live during the course of this novel?
(a) New York
(c) Hong Kong
(d) San Francisco
3. Leon offers to back Mason if he wants to start up a business with _________.
4. Fu and Mah used to live in an apartment when they were together right above Tommie Hom's ___________.
(b) Art shop
(d) Jewelry store
5. Leila's first case as a family counselor is with the parents of ____________ who do not show up or answer the phone.
(a) Andrew Cheng
(b) Edward Yee
(c) Roger Lee
(d) Sabrina Wu
Short Answer Questions
1. Where must Mason deliver the car in order to get it to his cousin, Dale?
2. Leila helps Mason bleed the brakes on the ________ he must deliver to his cousin.
3. What kind of medication was Ona taking at the time of her death, according to the book?
4. What is the color of the car that Zeke is driving when he pulls up to meet Mason and Leila?
5. Who promises not to bitch when Leon finally arrives back at home, safe and sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the obstacles that are standing in the way of Leon when he goes to visit the cemetery?
2. What is the site of where Ona decided to take her life by jumping from the building?
3. Why might other families in San Francisco's Chinatown think Leon's family is unlucky?
4. What did Leon have to do in order to gain entry into the United States, according to the story Leila has heard 90 times?
5. What would have happened had Grandpa Leong actually have been a family man, according to the book?
6. What has Leon done to the light he has invented, which Leila turns on when she notices Mah?
7. What is so interesting about the job Nina now has leading tours of China and the surrounding areas?
8. Why is Lynette Yee getting upset with Leila and her actions at this point of the story?
9. What does Leila learn about Leon when she is making the rounds again of Leon's hangouts?
10. Why does Leon let Leila take him to him to sign up for Social Security at the start of this chapter?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)