|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leon offers to back Mason if he wants to start up a business with _________.
2. What does Leila want to sign Leon up for, so she takes him over to the office in the city?
(b) Social Security
3. Leila finds out that Leon will be able to keep his _________________ and work part time while collecting benefits.
(a) Shipping card
(c) Restaurant work
(d) Hotel room
4. Zeke has a crush on ___________, but she deems him too Chinatown and too short for her tastes.
5. Which of the daughters is a biological daughter of Lyman and Mah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leila want to drink as she is looking through the moldy papers of Leon's?
2. Where is Leon working to help out with the lunch rush, as she eventually discovers?
3. Chinese boys in the schools where Nina would attend spread rumors that she would only date ________.
4. Leila talks to Mason about a ___________ to her her forgive and to forget.
5. When Grandpa Leong dies, he leaves a ______________ soaking in a bottle of herbs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What just happened which gives the local Chinatown gossips another thing to talk about?
2. What does Leila see when she tries to sneak in without seeing or speaking to Mah?
3. What were the rumors that the boys at Nina's school used to spread about her and her dating life?
4. What does Leila learn about Leon when she is making the rounds again of Leon's hangouts?
5. What is the one thing that Leon can not document when he is at the Social Security office because he has had so many aliases?
6. Why does Leon let Leila take him to him to sign up for Social Security at the start of this chapter?
7. Who is You Thin Toy, Leila's favorite of all of Leon's fleabag friends?
8. What does Leila help Mason do at the start of this chapter in order to deliver something to his cousin, Dale?
9. Why is Mason in a bad mood when he and Leila go to pick up Leon in Vallejo?
10. Why might other families in San Francisco's Chinatown think Leon's family is unlucky?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)