|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nina decides to take on a job of leading tours in _______, a place she has never seen.
2. Frank Jow sent a telegram to _______________, hoping it would give Leon enough time to come home for Leong's funeral.
(a) San Francisco
(d) New York
3. Leon and Mah tell Leila that education is the ____________ job in China, though Leila wants to remind them they are not in China anymore.
4. Mason can not endure the presence of Dale for a long time as he sounds so __________.
5. Where does Leon want Mason to drive him, though he gets him lost along the way?
(a) Adult store
(b) Chinese cemetery
(c) Baby Store
Short Answer Questions
1. Leon offers to back Mason if he wants to start up a business with _________.
2. Who has cut her hair very short when they were out of town--like a boy according to Leon?
3. Someone thinks that Leong's body may have been _________________ in order to make room for others.
4. Grandpa looks like one of the Eight Holy ________________, sun-leathered skin, elephant eyes, and slow moving.
5. When Grandpa Leong dies, he leaves a ______________ soaking in a bottle of herbs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the obstacles that are standing in the way of Leon when he goes to visit the cemetery?
2. What were the rumors that the boys at Nina's school used to spread about her and her dating life?
3. What does Mah want Leila to do when Leila calls to check up on Mah?
4. Why is Mason in a bad mood when he and Leila go to pick up Leon in Vallejo?
5. What is so interesting about the job Nina now has leading tours of China and the surrounding areas?
6. What does Leila see when she tries to sneak in without seeing or speaking to Mah?
7. Why might other families in San Francisco's Chinatown think Leon's family is unlucky?
8. What does Leila smell when she goes to the Benevolent Association alone after work on Friday?
9. What would have happened had Grandpa Leong actually have been a family man, according to the book?
10. Though she wants to, what is the one thing that Leila does not say to Mason when he gets upset about work?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)