|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the car that Zeke is driving when he pulls up to meet Mason and Leila?
2. Leila's first case as a family counselor is with the parents of ____________ who do not show up or answer the phone.
(a) Edward Yee
(b) Roger Lee
(c) Andrew Cheng
(d) Sabrina Wu
3. Lynette Yee is upset with Leila over all the time she is spending ________________.
(a) In her office
(b) With the Yee family
(c) With Mason's family
(d) Off from work
4. Where must Mason deliver the car in order to get it to his cousin, Dale?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
(c) Redwood City
5. Mason warns Leila that if ___________ is not home, he will stay no more than half an hour.
(a) Aunt Lily
Short Answer Questions
1. Mah has a __________ that she wants Leila to taste and to take a jar to Mason as well.
2. What kind of medication was Ona taking at the time of her death, according to the book?
3. Leon keeps everything because he believes that _____________ is sacred and can only be thrown away in a sacred way.
4. Leila and Mason fly into _________ as Nina returns from a tour of the Yangtze River area.
5. Leila finds in the papers an affidavit of _______________ for Mah and Fu.
Short Essay Questions
1. What just happened which gives the local Chinatown gossips another thing to talk about?
2. What would have happened had Grandpa Leong actually have been a family man, according to the book?
3. What does Leila help Mason do at the start of this chapter in order to deliver something to his cousin, Dale?
4. What is the secret of Nina that Mah decides to share with everyone for no good reason?
5. What is Zeke so excited about when he pulls up in the white Mercedes where Mason works?
6. What did Leon have to do in order to gain entry into the United States, according to the story Leila has heard 90 times?
7. What does Mah want Leila to do when Leila calls to check up on Mah?
8. Why is Mason in a bad mood when he and Leila go to pick up Leon in Vallejo?
9. What does Leila smell when she goes to the Benevolent Association alone after work on Friday?
10. What were the rumors that the boys at Nina's school used to spread about her and her dating life?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)