|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mason help out by installing the rest of the fluorescent lights that Leon did not complete?
(a) Baby Store
2. Leila's _________ reminds her of Leon letting his three giggly girls sip his at banquets.
3. What does Leon want to buy Mah at the Goodwill with the $25 he gets from working at the cafe?
(b) A jade plant
(c) A ring
(d) An unneeded stereo
4. _____________ understands that Leon needs time away, and is sure he will be safe on a ship.
5. How many days do Leon's travels on the seas take up, during which Leila worries constantly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leila want to sign Leon up for, so she takes him over to the office in the city?
2. Nina decides to take on a job of leading tours in _______, a place she has never seen.
3. ___________ is a good mechanic and is thinking of setting up his own business with his oldest friend.
4. _____________ holds that the suicide was Ona's choice, and not from any other cause.
5. Grandpa looks like one of the Eight Holy ________________, sun-leathered skin, elephant eyes, and slow moving.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leon tend to keep old things, even if they are not useful anymore?
2. Why did Nina decide to quit her past job as a flight attendant, according to the story?
3. What did Leon have to do in order to gain entry into the United States, according to the story Leila has heard 90 times?
4. What happens during the first case Leila has as a family counselor at the start of this chapter?
5. What does Leila learn about Leon when she is making the rounds again of Leon's hangouts?
6. Where is Leon living after the death of Ona which has made him not want to live with his wife?
7. What does Leila help Mason do at the start of this chapter in order to deliver something to his cousin, Dale?
8. What are some of the reasons why Leila's shoulders are tense, according to this chapter?
9. What has Leon done to the light he has invented, which Leila turns on when she notices Mah?
10. What would have happened had Grandpa Leong actually have been a family man, according to the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)