|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leila waits to talk to Mah until Leon's return with stories of her ______________, hoping this will unlock her from Mah.
2. What has Mah brought for Leon as a present after her trip to Hong Kong?
(a) Diver's watch
3. Mason suggests Leila tell Mah she will move into his new place in the _____________.
(a) East Bay
(d) Pacific Grove
4. What does Mah say she feels when Leila and Leon sit at the foot of Mah's bed?
5. Ten-year-old ___________ does the most in order to get Leon to come back home to be a family.
6. Mah admits her ___________ and says that she wants to be a family again with Leon.
(a) Multiple affairs
7. Born and raised in Chinatown, ___________ is sometimes proud of this heritage and sometimes not.
8. Leon admits that he misses Mah's __________ and that he does not like his life without her in it.
9. Leon wonders whether Ona was _________ or whether she was given drugs to cause her to jump.
(c) Not the girl who fell
(d) Still alive
10. What has Leon taken apart in order to fix it and to give it back to Mah as a present?
(b) Singer sewing machine
11. What does Leila always do that bothers Mason, though she continues to do it?
(a) Works too long of hours
(b) Eats American food
(c) Says she's sorry
(d) Gets high
12. Mah has no time for lunch and shows Leila how to install _____________ in the design.
13. Mah rouses the girls to get ready for Leon to come home and she goes out to ______________.
(a) Buy a meal
(b) Sleep with Tommie
(d) Have her hair done
14. What has Leila sketched for the students to fill in during their afternoon class?
15. What brings Leon home tanned, relaxed, and bearing gifts for the family?
(d) Yellow taxi
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leila decide to do when Mason goes off to work after they party?
2. What is a fourth grader doing during the day of Ona's death which reminds Lelia of Ona?
3. Nina complains that ____________ is not doing her share of the work at the laundry business.
4. Who wants to have a fancy Chinese wake in order to commemorate the life of Ona in the neighborhood?
5. Leila is removing _____________ when Leon arrives home from his trip on the seas.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)