|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is a good mechanic and is thinking of setting up his own business with his oldest friend.
2. Frank Jow sent a telegram to _______________, hoping it would give Leon enough time to come home for Leong's funeral.
(b) New York
(d) San Francisco
3. Mah warns Leila against eating ___________ every day, though Leila argues that she likes the taste.
4. Where does Leila get married which causes all of the local gossips to begin to talk about her?
(a) New York
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
5. Where do Leila and Mason find Leon, though he is shocked to see them there?
(a) Grocery store
(c) Bus stop
6. Lynette Yee is upset with Leila over all the time she is spending ________________.
(a) With the Yee family
(b) With Mason's family
(c) In her office
(d) Off from work
7. Where does Leon want Mason to drive him, though he gets him lost along the way?
(a) Chinese cemetery
(b) Baby Store
(c) Adult store
8. What does Leila smell when she walks in the door and sees the lights out in the start of this chapter?
9. Who is the one who had the abortion and tells Leon and Mah, even though there doesn't seem to be a reason to do so?
10. Nina thinks Leila has gained ______________ by helping their parents, while Leila admires Nina for doing what she wants.
(a) Peace of mind
(c) Mental toughness
(d) Counseling experience
11. Leila muses that her sister must have a map of ___________ in her head, while Leila only has Chinatown.
(a) San Francisco
(b) New York
12. Frank Jow and all of Chinatown know of the family's ________, which embarrasses Leila.
(c) Financial situation
13. Leila does not want the big ___________ that Mah insists on having to meet her obligations to relatives.
(c) New Year
(d) Wedding banquet
14. Leila finds out that Leon will be able to keep his _________________ and work part time while collecting benefits.
(b) Hotel room
(c) Restaurant work
(d) Shipping card
15. Chinese boys in the schools where Nina would attend spread rumors that she would only date ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Normally when Leila comes to visit Leon, what does he make for her to drink during their time together?
2. Who suggests going out to dinner, though Leila instantly recalls a time when they did so with less than positive results?
3. Leon doesn't care that others in Chinatown think his family is unlucky because they have three __________.
4. When Grandpa Leong dies, he leaves a ______________ soaking in a bottle of herbs.
5. For how many years have Leila and her new husband been together before they married?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)