|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leon takes __________ buses and shows up in Jorge's parking lot as a result.
2. Where must Mason deliver the car in order to get it to his cousin, Dale?
(a) New York
(c) Los Angeles
(d) Redwood City
3. Who rescues Leila after a tense phone call with Mah about Nina and about Leila's decision to live with Mason?
4. What does Leila smell when she walks in the door and sees the lights out in the start of this chapter?
5. Leon claims the family's bad luck started when he broke his promise to return Grandpa Leong's _____ to China.
6. Leon offers to back Mason if he wants to start up a business with _________.
7. How many days do Leon's travels on the seas take up, during which Leila worries constantly?
8. Where does Mason help out by installing the rest of the fluorescent lights that Leon did not complete?
(d) Baby Store
9. Who is the one who tends to throw punches when he is talked to in a less than respectful way?
10. What is the American restaurant the sisters go to in order to avoid Chinatown?
(a) Santa Fe
(b) The Buckle
11. Mah has a __________ that she wants Leila to taste and to take a jar to Mason as well.
12. What does Leila want to drink as she is looking through the moldy papers of Leon's?
13. _____________ holds that the suicide was Ona's choice, and not from any other cause.
14. Mason warns Leila that if ___________ is not home, he will stay no more than half an hour.
(c) Aunt Lily
15. What does Leon want to buy Mah at the Goodwill with the $25 he gets from working at the cafe?
(a) A jade plant
(b) A ring
(c) An unneeded stereo
Short Answer Questions
1. Nina thinks Leila has gained ______________ by helping their parents, while Leila admires Nina for doing what she wants.
2. Leong had left no burial funds for when he died, so ____________ had to beg for donations from others.
3. What does Mah eat alone in the kitchen as she does not want to let anything go to waste?
4. Someone thinks that Leong's body may have been _________________ in order to make room for others.
5. How many times to Leila and Nina clink their glasses together in order to encourage good luck?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)