|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Someone thinks that Leong's body may have been _________________ in order to make room for others.
2. Leila's _________ reminds her of Leon letting his three giggly girls sip his at banquets.
3. Leon claims the family's bad luck started when he broke his promise to return Grandpa Leong's _____ to China.
4. What does Mah eat alone in the kitchen as she does not want to let anything go to waste?
(a) Chicken skin
(b) Bony parts
(d) Paper wrappings
5. Fu and Mah used to live in an apartment when they were together right above Tommie Hom's ___________.
(a) Jewelry store
(d) Art shop
6. Who is Leila's favorite of all of Leon's fleabag friends, so she seeks him out to find Leon?
(a) You Thin Toy
(b) Nam Ping Yuen
(c) Terrence Bay
(d) Mason Louie
7. Where does Leon want Mason to drive him, though he gets him lost along the way?
(a) Baby Store
(b) Chinese cemetery
(d) Adult store
8. Who has cut her hair very short when they were out of town--like a boy according to Leon?
9. Zeke has a crush on ___________, but she deems him too Chinatown and too short for her tastes.
10. What does Leila reveal to Leon about Nina's life, though she makes him promise not to tell Mah?
(a) Nina has a boyfriend
(b) Nina is pregnant
(c) Nina is moving to China
(d) Nina is coming home
11. What does Leila want to sign Leon up for, so she takes him over to the office in the city?
(c) Social Security
12. ____________ claims he is too tired to eat the meal that Mah has prepared that day.
13. Nina decides to take on a job of leading tours in _______, a place she has never seen.
14. What does Leila smell when she walks in the door and sees the lights out in the start of this chapter?
15. Who is the one who had the abortion and tells Leon and Mah, even though there doesn't seem to be a reason to do so?
Short Answer Questions
1. Normally when Leila comes to visit Leon, what does he make for her to drink during their time together?
2. When Ona, too, is lost, Leon decides to ship out to ______________ in response.
3. Nina rescues Lelia by offering to take Mah to ________________.
4. Lynette Yee is upset with Leila over all the time she is spending ________________.
5. Leon and Mah tell Leila that education is the ____________ job in China, though Leila wants to remind them they are not in China anymore.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)