|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the car that Zeke is driving when he pulls up to meet Mason and Leila?
2. ____________ claims he is too tired to eat the meal that Mah has prepared that day.
3. Zeke has a crush on ___________, but she deems him too Chinatown and too short for her tastes.
4. In what city do Leila and her parents live during the course of this novel?
(a) San Francisco
(c) New York
(d) Hong Kong
5. Leila and Mason fly into _________ as Nina returns from a tour of the Yangtze River area.
(a) New York
(c) Washington DC
6. Who suggests going out to dinner, though Leila instantly recalls a time when they did so with less than positive results?
7. Leon takes __________ buses and shows up in Jorge's parking lot as a result.
8. On what part of the area did Leon arrive when he first came to the United States?
(a) Angel Island
(b) Treasure Island
9. Mason warns Leila that if ___________ is not home, he will stay no more than half an hour.
(d) Aunt Lily
10. Nina rescues Lelia by offering to take Mah to ________________.
(a) Hong Kong
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York
11. Where does Leon want Mason to drive him, though he gets him lost along the way?
(a) Baby Store
(c) Adult store
(d) Chinese cemetery
12. Where must Mason deliver the car in order to get it to his cousin, Dale?
(a) New York
(b) Los Angeles
(c) Redwood City
13. How many days do Leon's travels on the seas take up, during which Leila worries constantly?
14. What does Leila grab in order to try to establish Leon's identity for the benefits he can receive?
(a) His birth certificate
(d) Safety deposit box
15. When Fu leaves for __________, Mah learns the ropes and becomes his best worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has cut her hair very short when they were out of town--like a boy according to Leon?
2. What does Leila want to sign Leon up for, so she takes him over to the office in the city?
3. Who is Leila's favorite of all of Leon's fleabag friends, so she seeks him out to find Leon?
4. Mason can not endure the presence of Dale for a long time as he sounds so __________.
5. Leon fumes about being criticized for his bad ____________ when he is talking with Leila and the interviewer.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)