|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Anita have that she uses to sacrifice in Chapter 33?
2. What does Dorcas say she sees after she shakes Anita's hand?
3. What do Anita and Larry have in their shirt pockets in Chapter 32 that can help to disrupt fey magic?
4. What happens when Jean-Claude asks for his coffin back?
5. What does Anita realize that Serephina is offering her in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita see when she watches Jean-Claude as the sun rises?
2. What happens when Magnus says he is going to put Anita back in the coffin and lock it until Serephina awakes?
3. What happens in Chapter 27 when Anita and the others walk outside to meet Serephina for the first time?
4. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
5. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
6. Explain where Serephina lives as Anita sees it when they first arrive in Chapter 23?
7. Describe what happens between Ivy and Jean-Claude in the beginning of Chapter 24 when they have first arrived at Serephina's house.
8. What do Larry and Anita discuss in the beginning of Chapter 28 after Larry tells Anita that it was him that had killed the vampire Bruce?
9. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 31.
10. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita of the council in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to pick one of the creatures from the book to be which one would you chose and why? Human, necromancer, fey, vampire, lycanthrope, or other.
2) If you had been writing the story what would you have changed about the ending or the ending that particular characters came to? Explain your changes.
3) What age do you feel that Bloody Bones is most appropriate for? Explain citing parts of the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the importance that Detective Freemont had in the story.
2) Was it necessary to have Freemont and Anita at odds with each other? Explain.
3) Would you say that Freemont were more or less alike and did this contribute to their dislike of each other?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was the significance of the title of the book, BLOODY BONES?
2) What other names could the book have had that would have been as effective?
3) What about the title draws your attention or doesn't appeal to you?
4) How important is the title of a book?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)