|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of Chapter 22 what does Anita realize suddenly is going to bother her?
2. What does Anita have to call housekeeping for in Chapter 29?
3. What do Anita and Larry have in their shirt pockets in Chapter 32 that can help to disrupt fey magic?
4. Why does Dorcas say that her ancestry imprisoned Bloody Bones?
5. Who steps through the doorway in Chapter 26 after the handkerchief has been shown?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 29 what does Jean-Claude tell Anita about his past and when he first became a vampire?
2. What does Anita do when she realizes that Jean-Claude isn't breathing and that his heart isn't beating?
3. What does Anita see when she watches Jean-Claude as the sun rises?
4. What do Larry and Anita discuss in the beginning of Chapter 28 after Larry tells Anita that it was him that had killed the vampire Bruce?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
6. What do Anita, Larry, and Dorcas find when they reach the mound where Bloody Bones is imprisoned?
7. What happens in Chapter 27 when Anita and the others walk outside to meet Serephina for the first time?
8. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
9. Describe the basement in Chapter 24.
10. What happens in Chapter 26 when Magnus comes in with a flag of truce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you believe that Anita's company got paid by Stirling's company even though Stirling was dead? Explain.
2) Why is it that none of Anita's work place, boss or other employment information is explained after the story is complete?
3) Do you believe that Larry will be better than Anita after she is done doing his on the job training? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) What role did power play in the story?
2) How does power translate differently to the various characters in the story? Stirling, Anita, Serephina, Jason, or any others.
3) Why do you think that Ellie chose to let herself become a vampire? Do you believe it was related to a desire for power? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Explain the importance that Detective Freemont had in the story.
2) Was it necessary to have Freemont and Anita at odds with each other? Explain.
3) Would you say that Freemont were more or less alike and did this contribute to their dislike of each other?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)