|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bayard die?
2. What does Ivy tell Jean-Claude that vampires aren't supposed to be able to do?
3. Where does Dorcas say that Bloody Bones is now kept?
4. How many dead are Anita and Larry planning on raising from the dead in Chapter 33?
5. Why does Anita tell Jean-Claude that she could never have sex with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the end of Chapter 38?
2. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 31.
3. What happens in Chapter 26 when Magnus comes in with a flag of truce?
4. What does Anita do when she realizes that Jean-Claude isn't breathing and that his heart isn't beating?
5. Describe what happens between Ivy and Jean-Claude in the beginning of Chapter 24 when they have first arrived at Serephina's house.
6. What does Xavier tell Anita in Chapter 38 after he has helped to kill Bloody Bones?
7. What happens when Magnus says he is going to put Anita back in the coffin and lock it until Serephina awakes?
8. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
9. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
10. Describe what happens when Anita sees that Jean-Claude is not going to win the fight against Janos.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain what is known about Richard's character?
2) Why is Richard's part in this book so short?
3) Would you say that Anita cares more for Richard that Jean-Claude? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain Serephina's character and her role in the story.
2) Why is it that Serephina was so powerful and yet still scared of dying? What did this reveal of her character to the reader?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Serephina's heart was beating when Jean-Claude's had not been.
Essay Topic 3
1) Why does Anita try so hard to protect Larry?
2) What does this reveal about Anita's personality?
3) Explain the relationship that Anita and Larry have? Would you say that it is more than a typical co-worker relationship? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)