|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serephina say when Jean-Claude tells her that the petty torments are beneath her?
2. What does Anita do when it becomes clean that Jean-Claude cannot defeat Janos?
3. What line does Anita say that Jean-Claude has crossed that only a handful of other vampires have crossed?
4. What does Xavier say that he did when Anita asks him if he gave Bloody Bones the sword or actually helped him kill the teenagers?
5. Why does Dorcas say that her ancestry imprisoned Bloody Bones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Stirling has guns pointed at Anita?
2. What happens when Ivy attacks Anita in Chapters 33 and 34.
3. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
4. Describe the scene where the gas trucks begin pumping gasoline into the Bloody Bones bar and grill.
5. What happens in the end of Chapter 38?
6. What happens when Anita wakes up in Chapter 39?
7. What happens after Ivy is killed?
8. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
9. Describe what happens between Ivy and Jean-Claude in the beginning of Chapter 24 when they have first arrived at Serephina's house.
10. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters do you feel are the main antagonist in the story?
2) Which characters are the main protagonist?
3) Are there any of the characters that you feel could have become protagonist or antagonist under different circumstances? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What moments in the story were obvious moments of foreshadowing? What made these stick out as things that the reader would need to remember?
2) Were there any moments that were foreshadowing that you did not recognize as foreshadowing until the story was over? Explain.
3) What do you feel was a significant piece of foreshadowing that will be answered later in the series?
Essay Topic 3
1) How is Mr. Quinlan portrayed in the story?
2) What was significant about the mention that Anita is being sued by the Quinlans?
3) Do you believe that Mrs. Quinlan would have wanted her daughter staked even if her husband hadn't been there? Why?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)