|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason tell Anita when he lays down to let Jean-Claude feed on him?
2. What does Ivy tell Jean-Claude that vampires aren't supposed to be able to do?
3. Where does Anita wake up in Chapter 39?
4. Why does Anita say that master vampires don't talk to cops?
5. What does Jean-Claude say about the shadows that remain on the porch although the moonlight is bright?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita of the council in Chapter 22?
2. Explain where Serephina lives as Anita sees it when they first arrive in Chapter 23?
3. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
4. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
5. What happens when Ivy attacks Anita in Chapters 33 and 34.
6. What does Anita do when she realizes that Jean-Claude isn't breathing and that his heart isn't beating?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
8. What do Anita, Larry, and Dorcas find when they reach the mound where Bloody Bones is imprisoned?
9. In Chapter 29 what does Jean-Claude tell Anita about his past and when he first became a vampire?
10. What does Janos explain that the two human girls are there for in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the role that family plays in a person's life.
2) How is the family role looked at in the story?
3) Which family role do you feel was most powerful? The Bouvier family, Anita and her memories of her mother and father, the Quinlans, Sheriff St. John and his wife, or the vampire clan that works as a type of family? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain Serephina's character and her role in the story.
2) Why is it that Serephina was so powerful and yet still scared of dying? What did this reveal of her character to the reader?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Serephina's heart was beating when Jean-Claude's had not been.
Essay Topic 3
1) What role did power play in the story?
2) How does power translate differently to the various characters in the story? Stirling, Anita, Serephina, Jason, or any others.
3) Why do you think that Ellie chose to let herself become a vampire? Do you believe it was related to a desire for power? Explain.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)