|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bloody Bones tell Magnus?
2. What happens when Jean-Claude asks for his coffin back?
3. What does Anita tell Serephina when she tells Anita that she they will live forever together and that she will be Anita's mother?
4. What does Janos say he wants to see before dawn?
5. Why does Serephina say that she will help Anita find Jeff Quinlan in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
2. What do Anita, Larry, and Dorcas find when they reach the mound where Bloody Bones is imprisoned?
3. What does Anita see when she watches Jean-Claude as the sun rises?
4. What happens in Chapter 26 when Magnus comes in with a flag of truce?
5. Explain where Serephina lives as Anita sees it when they first arrive in Chapter 23?
6. What happens in the end of Chapter 38?
7. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita might happen when they go to see the Master Vampire as he describes it in the beginning of Chapter 22?
8. What happens when Anita wakes up in Chapter 39?
9. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
10. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the role that family plays in a person's life.
2) How is the family role looked at in the story?
3) Which family role do you feel was most powerful? The Bouvier family, Anita and her memories of her mother and father, the Quinlans, Sheriff St. John and his wife, or the vampire clan that works as a type of family? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the importance that Detective Freemont had in the story.
2) Was it necessary to have Freemont and Anita at odds with each other? Explain.
3) Would you say that Freemont were more or less alike and did this contribute to their dislike of each other?
Essay Topic 3
1) Explain Serephina's character and her role in the story.
2) Why is it that Serephina was so powerful and yet still scared of dying? What did this reveal of her character to the reader?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Serephina's heart was beating when Jean-Claude's had not been.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)