|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude say had been the one rule that the vampires had to live by before they became citizens?
2. What happens when Jean-Claude asks for his coffin back?
3. What does Anita do when it becomes clean that Jean-Claude cannot defeat Janos?
4. Why does Jean-Claude say that he is confident of the level of Serephina's powers?
5. What does Jean-Claude say may happen if Serephina drinks from Bloody Bones in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bloody Bones appears in Chapter 38?
2. What happens after Stirling has guns pointed at Anita?
3. What happens when Anita wakes up in Chapter 39?
4. What happens in Chapter 27 when Anita and the others walk outside to meet Serephina for the first time?
5. What happens after Ivy is killed?
6. Describe what happens between Ivy and Jean-Claude in the beginning of Chapter 24 when they have first arrived at Serephina's house.
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
8. What happens when Magnus says he is going to put Anita back in the coffin and lock it until Serephina awakes?
9. Describe what happens when Anita sees that Jean-Claude is not going to win the fight against Janos.
10. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters do you feel are the main antagonist in the story?
2) Which characters are the main protagonist?
3) Are there any of the characters that you feel could have become protagonist or antagonist under different circumstances? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What moments in the story were obvious moments of foreshadowing? What made these stick out as things that the reader would need to remember?
2) Were there any moments that were foreshadowing that you did not recognize as foreshadowing until the story was over? Explain.
3) What do you feel was a significant piece of foreshadowing that will be answered later in the series?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you believe that Anita's company got paid by Stirling's company even though Stirling was dead? Explain.
2) Why is it that none of Anita's work place, boss or other employment information is explained after the story is complete?
3) Do you believe that Larry will be better than Anita after she is done doing his on the job training? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)