|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dorcas say that Bloody Bones is now kept?
2. What does Jean-Claude say he was born as?
3. What does Xavier say that he did when Anita asks him if he gave Bloody Bones the sword or actually helped him kill the teenagers?
4. What does Dorcas explain she was looking for when she came to see Anita in Chapter 21?
5. Why does Serephina say that she will help Anita find Jeff Quinlan in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
2. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
3. What happens after Stirling has guns pointed at Anita?
4. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 31.
5. What do Anita, Larry, and Dorcas find when they reach the mound where Bloody Bones is imprisoned?
6. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita of the council in Chapter 22?
7. In Chapter 29 what does Jean-Claude tell Anita about his past and when he first became a vampire?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
9. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita might happen when they go to see the Master Vampire as he describes it in the beginning of Chapter 22?
10. What happens after Ivy is killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain Jean-Claude's character.
2) What does Jean-Claude represent to Anita?
3) What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that he loves her as much as he is able?
Essay Topic 2
1) What role do you feel that religion played in the story?
2) What other religions or cultures could have been introduced easily into the story?
3) Do you feel that religion was presented in a more negative or positive light and why?
Essay Topic 3
1) What role did power play in the story?
2) How does power translate differently to the various characters in the story? Stirling, Anita, Serephina, Jason, or any others.
3) Why do you think that Ellie chose to let herself become a vampire? Do you believe it was related to a desire for power? Explain.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)