|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serephina say when Jean-Claude tells her that the petty torments are beneath her?
2. What does Serephina offer to let Anita do?
3. Who is missing from the party when Anita and the others arrive in Chapter 38?
4. What does Jean-Claude say is the reason that Serephina hasn't paved the road that leads to her house?
5. Where does Anita wake up in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
2. What does Anita see when she watches Jean-Claude as the sun rises?
3. What does Xavier tell Anita in Chapter 38 after he has helped to kill Bloody Bones?
4. What does Anita do when she realizes that Jean-Claude isn't breathing and that his heart isn't beating?
5. What happens in Chapter 26 when Magnus comes in with a flag of truce?
6. What happens in the end of Chapter 38?
7. What happens when Ivy attacks Anita in Chapters 33 and 34.
8. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
9. What happens when Anita wakes up in Chapter 39?
10. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters do you feel are the main antagonist in the story?
2) Which characters are the main protagonist?
3) Are there any of the characters that you feel could have become protagonist or antagonist under different circumstances? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) How is Mr. Quinlan portrayed in the story?
2) What was significant about the mention that Anita is being sued by the Quinlans?
3) Do you believe that Mrs. Quinlan would have wanted her daughter staked even if her husband hadn't been there? Why?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was the significance of the title of the book, BLOODY BONES?
2) What other names could the book have had that would have been as effective?
3) What about the title draws your attention or doesn't appeal to you?
4) How important is the title of a book?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)