|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorcas do when she sees that Magnus has been drinking the blood from Bloody Bones?
2. What does Janos explain the purpose the girls are going to serve?
3. What does Serephina say when Jean-Claude tells her that the petty torments are beneath her?
4. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks him how careful she needs to while walking next to Ivy in Chapter 24?
5. What does Xavier say that he did when Anita asks him if he gave Bloody Bones the sword or actually helped him kill the teenagers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Stirling has guns pointed at Anita?
2. What does Anita see when she watches Jean-Claude as the sun rises?
3. What happens when Ivy attacks Anita in Chapters 33 and 34.
4. What happens in Chapter 27 when Anita and the others walk outside to meet Serephina for the first time?
5. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
6. Describe what happens between Ivy and Jean-Claude in the beginning of Chapter 24 when they have first arrived at Serephina's house.
7. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita might happen when they go to see the Master Vampire as he describes it in the beginning of Chapter 22?
8. What happens after Ivy is killed?
9. Explain where Serephina lives as Anita sees it when they first arrive in Chapter 23?
10. What happens when Bloody Bones appears in Chapter 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why does it reveal about Larry that he was willing to take the place of the girls that were going to be whipped at Serephina's?
2) Did Larry's sacrifice seem like more or less than Jason's? Why?
3) What did it reveal that Serephina and the other vampires were able to lay the plot involving whipping the two young girls?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why does Anita try so hard to protect Larry?
2) What does this reveal about Anita's personality?
3) Explain the relationship that Anita and Larry have? Would you say that it is more than a typical co-worker relationship? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) What role do you feel that religion played in the story?
2) What other religions or cultures could have been introduced easily into the story?
3) Do you feel that religion was presented in a more negative or positive light and why?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)