|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude say had been the one rule that the vampires had to live by before they became citizens?
2. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks him how careful she needs to while walking next to Ivy in Chapter 24?
3. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks if the form of the two women vampires is an illusion or if Jean-Claude's form is an illusion.
4. What does Janos say that the torture room is?
5. Where does Anita wake up in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
2. Describe the basement in Chapter 24.
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
4. What happens after Stirling has guns pointed at Anita?
5. What happens in the end of Chapter 38?
6. Explain where Serephina lives as Anita sees it when they first arrive in Chapter 23?
7. What does Anita do when she realizes that Jean-Claude isn't breathing and that his heart isn't beating?
8. What happens when Magnus says he is going to put Anita back in the coffin and lock it until Serephina awakes?
9. What does Anita see when she watches Jean-Claude as the sun rises?
10. What happens when Bloody Bones appears in Chapter 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the role that family plays in a person's life.
2) How is the family role looked at in the story?
3) Which family role do you feel was most powerful? The Bouvier family, Anita and her memories of her mother and father, the Quinlans, Sheriff St. John and his wife, or the vampire clan that works as a type of family? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain what is known about Richard's character?
2) Why is Richard's part in this book so short?
3) Would you say that Anita cares more for Richard that Jean-Claude? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) How is Mr. Quinlan portrayed in the story?
2) What was significant about the mention that Anita is being sued by the Quinlans?
3) Do you believe that Mrs. Quinlan would have wanted her daughter staked even if her husband hadn't been there? Why?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)