|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorcas explain she was looking for when she came to see Anita in Chapter 21?
2. How many dead are Anita and Larry planning on raising from the dead in Chapter 33?
3. What color is the basement in Serephina's home?
4. What does Jason say when Anita asks him if getting shot is worth kissing her once?
5. What does Anita do when it becomes clean that Jean-Claude cannot defeat Janos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 31.
2. What happens in Chapter 27 when Anita and the others walk outside to meet Serephina for the first time?
3. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
4. Describe the basement in Chapter 24.
5. What does Janos explain that the two human girls are there for in Chapter 25?
6. Describe what happens in the beginning of Chapter 26 when the fighting begins.
7. What happens in Chapter 26 when Magnus comes in with a flag of truce?
8. What happens after Ivy is killed?
9. What happens when Magnus says he is going to put Anita back in the coffin and lock it until Serephina awakes?
10. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the significance of the title of the book, BLOODY BONES?
2) What other names could the book have had that would have been as effective?
3) What about the title draws your attention or doesn't appeal to you?
4) How important is the title of a book?
Essay Topic 2
1) What moments in the story were obvious moments of foreshadowing? What made these stick out as things that the reader would need to remember?
2) Were there any moments that were foreshadowing that you did not recognize as foreshadowing until the story was over? Explain.
3) What do you feel was a significant piece of foreshadowing that will be answered later in the series?
Essay Topic 3
1) Which characters do you feel are the main antagonist in the story?
2) Which characters are the main protagonist?
3) Are there any of the characters that you feel could have become protagonist or antagonist under different circumstances? Explain.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)