|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dorcas say when Anita asks her why Magnus ran from the police?
2. What does Bloody Bones say that Serephina had promised him?
3. What does Anita use to kill Ivy?
4. What is Jason told he must do when he agrees to take the place of one of the girls that the vampires were going to hurt?
5. What does Anita do when it becomes clean that Jean-Claude cannot defeat Janos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Xavier tell Anita in Chapter 38 after he has helped to kill Bloody Bones?
2. Describe the scene where the gas trucks begin pumping gasoline into the Bloody Bones bar and grill.
3. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita might happen when they go to see the Master Vampire as he describes it in the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. What happens in Chapter 26 when Magnus comes in with a flag of truce?
5. What happens when Magnus says he is going to put Anita back in the coffin and lock it until Serephina awakes?
6. In Chapter 29 what does Jean-Claude tell Anita about his past and when he first became a vampire?
7. What happens after Stirling has guns pointed at Anita?
8. What happens when Bloody Bones appears in Chapter 38?
9. Describe what happens between Ivy and Jean-Claude in the beginning of Chapter 24 when they have first arrived at Serephina's house.
10. What does Janos explain that the two human girls are there for in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the role that Jason plays in the story?
2) If you had to pick another character in the story to say Jason resembles personality wise, which one would it be and why?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Jason doesn't mind being Jean-Claude's pet?
Essay Topic 2
1) Which characters do you feel are the main antagonist in the story?
2) Which characters are the main protagonist?
3) Are there any of the characters that you feel could have become protagonist or antagonist under different circumstances? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Could this story have taken place in a different time in history? Why or why not?
2) What about the story made the setting more or less realistic to the reader?
3) Which of the settings in the story was the most important to the story and why?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)