|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dorcas say that her ancestry imprisoned Bloody Bones?
2. What does Jean-Claude say when Anita tells him that Serephina wants to drink from her and Bloody Bones in order to be immortal?
3. What does Anita use to kill Ivy?
4. What does Jean-Claude say had been the one rule that the vampires had to live by before they became citizens?
5. What does Larry's zombie bag have on it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Magnus says he is going to put Anita back in the coffin and lock it until Serephina awakes?
2. Describe the basement in Chapter 24.
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
4. What happens when Bloody Bones appears in Chapter 38?
5. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita might happen when they go to see the Master Vampire as he describes it in the beginning of Chapter 22?
6. Describe what happens when Anita sees that Jean-Claude is not going to win the fight against Janos.
7. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita of the council in Chapter 22?
8. Explain where Serephina lives as Anita sees it when they first arrive in Chapter 23?
9. What do Anita, Larry, and Dorcas find when they reach the mound where Bloody Bones is imprisoned?
10. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the importance that Detective Freemont had in the story.
2) Was it necessary to have Freemont and Anita at odds with each other? Explain.
3) Would you say that Freemont were more or less alike and did this contribute to their dislike of each other?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about.
1) If you had to pick one of the creatures from the book to be which one would you chose and why? Human, necromancer, fey, vampire, lycanthrope, or other.
2) If you had been writing the story what would you have changed about the ending or the ending that particular characters came to? Explain your changes.
3) What age do you feel that Bloody Bones is most appropriate for? Explain citing parts of the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
1) Explain Jean-Claude's character.
2) What does Jean-Claude represent to Anita?
3) What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that he loves her as much as he is able?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)