|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janos say he wants to see before dawn?
2. Who steps through the doorway in Chapter 26 after the handkerchief has been shown?
3. What is Jason told he must do when he agrees to take the place of one of the girls that the vampires were going to hurt?
4. What does Magnus say will happen if Anita raises the dead from the hillside for Stirling?
5. What does Jean-Claude say about the shadows that remain on the porch although the moonlight is bright?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 27 when Anita and the others walk outside to meet Serephina for the first time?
2. What happens in Chapter 26 when Magnus comes in with a flag of truce?
3. What does Anita see when she watches Jean-Claude as the sun rises?
4. In Chapter 29 what does Jean-Claude tell Anita about his past and when he first became a vampire?
5. What happens after Stirling has guns pointed at Anita?
6. What happens when Anita wakes up in Chapter 39?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
8. Describe the conversation that Dorcas and Anita have in Chapter 21.
9. What does Xavier tell Anita in Chapter 38 after he has helped to kill Bloody Bones?
10. What does Anita do when she realizes that Jean-Claude isn't breathing and that his heart isn't beating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) How is Mr. Quinlan portrayed in the story?
2) What was significant about the mention that Anita is being sued by the Quinlans?
3) Do you believe that Mrs. Quinlan would have wanted her daughter staked even if her husband hadn't been there? Why?
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the role that Jason plays in the story?
2) If you had to pick another character in the story to say Jason resembles personality wise, which one would it be and why?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Jason doesn't mind being Jean-Claude's pet?
Essay Topic 3
1) Could this story have taken place in a different time in history? Why or why not?
2) What about the story made the setting more or less realistic to the reader?
3) Which of the settings in the story was the most important to the story and why?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)