|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once on top of the hill what does Stirling ask Anita to do?
2. What jewelry does Anita have on with her outfit in Chapter 2?
3. What does the sheriff say when Anita tells him that she has been working with the police for three years?
4. What does the button say that Anita is wearing in Chapter 1?
5. What does Beau say he is going to do in Chapter 17 when Anita warns him not to be waiting on them at the bottom of the hill with another gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Anita is reading the dead in Chapter 17?
2. What does Anita explain about the way that girls are viewed in Chapter 7 when she is at the crime scene?
3. Describe the murder scene that Anita and Larry go to in Chapter 11.
4. What do the Quinlan's and Anita discuss in regards to Ellie in Chapter 12?
5. What does Anita say to Jean-Claude when she calls him on the phone in Chapter 16?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 6 what do Larry and Anita discuss in regards to the rules of being at a crime scene for Larry to follow?
7. Describe Bloody Bones when Anita and Larry first walk in in Chapter 9.
8. What happens when the state police, Wallace and Granger, first show up in Chapter 14?
9. What is Anita able to tell the Sheriff about Ellie's death in Chapter 11?
10. Describe the conversation that Anita and Bert have in Chapter 1 about the job he is planning to bid.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the significance of the title of the book, BLOODY BONES?
2) What other names could the book have had that would have been as effective?
3) What about the title draws your attention or doesn't appeal to you?
4) How important is the title of a book?
Essay Topic 2
1) What role did power play in the story?
2) How does power translate differently to the various characters in the story? Stirling, Anita, Serephina, Jason, or any others.
3) Why do you think that Ellie chose to let herself become a vampire? Do you believe it was related to a desire for power? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) What moments in the story were obvious moments of foreshadowing? What made these stick out as things that the reader would need to remember?
2) Were there any moments that were foreshadowing that you did not recognize as foreshadowing until the story was over? Explain.
3) What do you feel was a significant piece of foreshadowing that will be answered later in the series?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)