|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magnus say to Larry when he touches Larry's hand?
2. What had Richard Zeeman asked Anita?
3. Why does Anita ask Jeff to show her the other doors in the house?
4. What does Larry say to officer Wallace in chapter fourteen that makes Wallace angry enough to fight?
5. What does Richard ask when Anita tells him she has to go out of town on business in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Anita and Bert have in Chapter 1 about the job he is planning to bid.
2. What does Anita find when they arrive back at the Quinlan home in Chapter 15?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 6 what do Larry and Anita discuss in regards to the rules of being at a crime scene for Larry to follow?
4. In Chapter 13 what does Jeff tell Anita and Larry about Andy when they talk to Jeff in his room?
5. In chapter twenty describe the conversation that goes on between Anita and agent Bradford.
6. What does Anita tell everyone before they go out hunting vampires in Chapter 15?
7. What does Anita say to Jean-Claude when she calls him on the phone in Chapter 16?
8. What does Bayard have to say when he comes to see Anita in Chapter 18?
9. What do Magnus and Anita talk about in Chapter 9?
10. What does Stirling say to Anita in Chapter 5 while they are alone on the top of the mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What role did power play in the story?
2) How does power translate differently to the various characters in the story? Stirling, Anita, Serephina, Jason, or any others.
3) Why do you think that Ellie chose to let herself become a vampire? Do you believe it was related to a desire for power? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the role that family plays in a person's life.
2) How is the family role looked at in the story?
3) Which family role do you feel was most powerful? The Bouvier family, Anita and her memories of her mother and father, the Quinlans, Sheriff St. John and his wife, or the vampire clan that works as a type of family? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Could this story have taken place in a different time in history? Why or why not?
2) What about the story made the setting more or less realistic to the reader?
3) Which of the settings in the story was the most important to the story and why?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)