|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry say when Anita asks him if he is enjoying the fact that she is scared of the helicopter ride in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Jean-Claude say he will not give Anita the name of the vampire he thinks may be responsible for the murders?
3. What does Bayard answer when Anita asks if he is aware that she is not sure she can raise all the dead?
4. What does Anita see on Wallace's neck?
5. What does Magnus tell Anita he had thought would happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Quinlan's and Anita discuss in regards to Ellie in Chapter 12?
2. What happens while Anita is reading the dead in Chapter 17?
3. Describe the bodies that are described at the crime scene in Chapter 7.
4. What does Stirling tell Anita about the Bouvier family?
5. What does Stirling say to Anita in Chapter 5 while they are alone on the top of the mountain?
6. What do Magnus and Anita talk about in Chapter 9?
7. What does Anita explain about the way that girls are viewed in Chapter 7 when she is at the crime scene?
8. What does Dolph tell Anita on the phone in Chapter 5?
9. What does Anita say to Jean-Claude when she calls him on the phone in Chapter 16?
10. In Chapter 18 what does Jean-Claude explain to Anita that he needs Jason and her to do in front of the Master of the City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain Serephina's character and her role in the story.
2) Why is it that Serephina was so powerful and yet still scared of dying? What did this reveal of her character to the reader?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Serephina's heart was beating when Jean-Claude's had not been.
Essay Topic 2
1) Why does it reveal about Larry that he was willing to take the place of the girls that were going to be whipped at Serephina's?
2) Did Larry's sacrifice seem like more or less than Jason's? Why?
3) What did it reveal that Serephina and the other vampires were able to lay the plot involving whipping the two young girls?
Essay Topic 3
1) Why does Anita try so hard to protect Larry?
2) What does this reveal about Anita's personality?
3) Explain the relationship that Anita and Larry have? Would you say that it is more than a typical co-worker relationship? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)