|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does Anita say she has over the average homicide detective?
2. What does Larry say he found outside under Ellie's window?
3. What does Larry say when Anita asks him if he trusts Stirling?
4. What does Larry say to officer Wallace in chapter fourteen that makes Wallace angry enough to fight?
5. What does Freemont say she would say they were dealing with if they thought the killer was an ordinary human?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Anita and Bert have in Chapter 1 about the job he is planning to bid.
2. What does Anita explain about the way that girls are viewed in Chapter 7 when she is at the crime scene?
3. What do Jason and Larry explain in Chapter 19 as to who they are more scared of and why?
4. What does Stirling say to Anita in Chapter 5 while they are alone on the top of the mountain?
5. What does Magnus explain when Dorcas brigns over the menues to Anita and Larry?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 6 what do Larry and Anita discuss in regards to the rules of being at a crime scene for Larry to follow?
7. What does Stirling tell Anita about the Bouvier family?
8. Describe the relationship that Anita has with Richard Zeeman.
9. What is Anita worried about after hearing Larry explain who he is more afraid of in chapter nineteen and what does she tell him?
10. What do the Quinlan's and Anita discuss in regards to Ellie in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters do you feel are the main antagonist in the story?
2) Which characters are the main protagonist?
3) Are there any of the characters that you feel could have become protagonist or antagonist under different circumstances? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the importance that Detective Freemont had in the story.
2) Was it necessary to have Freemont and Anita at odds with each other? Explain.
3) Would you say that Freemont were more or less alike and did this contribute to their dislike of each other?
Essay Topic 3
1) What moments in the story were obvious moments of foreshadowing? What made these stick out as things that the reader would need to remember?
2) Were there any moments that were foreshadowing that you did not recognize as foreshadowing until the story was over? Explain.
3) What do you feel was a significant piece of foreshadowing that will be answered later in the series?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)