|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita say most people need in order to raise zombies from the grave?
2. Once on top of the hill what does Stirling ask Anita to do?
3. What kind of bullets does Anita say works best on fairies?
4. What does Anita say when Wallace asks her if she is scared?
5. What does Anita say when Bert tells her that John's pride is hurt in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita explain about the way that girls are viewed in Chapter 7 when she is at the crime scene?
2. Describe Bloody Bones when Anita and Larry first walk in in Chapter 9.
3. What does Anita explain happened to get everyone ready to start persecuting vampires?
4. What is Anita worried about after hearing Larry explain who he is more afraid of in chapter nineteen and what does she tell him?
5. What does Anita tell everyone before they go out hunting vampires in Chapter 15?
6. What happens when the state police, Wallace and Granger, first show up in Chapter 14?
7. Describe the bodies that are described at the crime scene in Chapter 7.
8. What do Anita and Larry find while they are driving to Bloody Bones restaurant?
9. What do the Quinlan's and Anita discuss in regards to Ellie in Chapter 12?
10. What do Magnus and Anita talk about in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the importance that Detective Freemont had in the story.
2) Was it necessary to have Freemont and Anita at odds with each other? Explain.
3) Would you say that Freemont were more or less alike and did this contribute to their dislike of each other?
Essay Topic 2
1) What is important about the crucifix in the story?
2) Do you think that the crosses that Anita and Larry wore were more or less powerful because of their powers?
3) What other symbols are found in the story and what do they represent?
Essay Topic 3
1) Explain Serephina's character and her role in the story.
2) Why is it that Serephina was so powerful and yet still scared of dying? What did this reveal of her character to the reader?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Serephina's heart was beating when Jean-Claude's had not been.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)