|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bayard answer when Anita asks if he is aware that she is not sure she can raise all the dead?
2. What does Mr. Stirling say when he first meets Anita?
3. What does Anita admit later is the real reason that the vampires are willing to talk to her?
4. Why does Ellie's father say they want her staked?
5. What does Richard ask when Anita tells him she has to go out of town on business in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita explain happened to get everyone ready to start persecuting vampires?
2. What does Anita find when they arrive back at the Quinlan home in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 18 what does Jean-Claude explain to Anita that he needs Jason and her to do in front of the Master of the City?
4. Describe Bloody Bones when Anita and Larry first walk in in Chapter 9.
5. What does Magnus explain when Dorcas brigns over the menues to Anita and Larry?
6. What do Anita and Larry find while they are driving to Bloody Bones restaurant?
7. Describe the relationship that Anita has with Richard Zeeman.
8. Describe the bodies that are described at the crime scene in Chapter 7.
9. What does Stirling tell Anita about the Bouvier family?
10. What does Anita say to Jean-Claude when she calls him on the phone in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the role that family plays in a person's life.
2) How is the family role looked at in the story?
3) Which family role do you feel was most powerful? The Bouvier family, Anita and her memories of her mother and father, the Quinlans, Sheriff St. John and his wife, or the vampire clan that works as a type of family? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What role did power play in the story?
2) How does power translate differently to the various characters in the story? Stirling, Anita, Serephina, Jason, or any others.
3) Why do you think that Ellie chose to let herself become a vampire? Do you believe it was related to a desire for power? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) What moments in the story were obvious moments of foreshadowing? What made these stick out as things that the reader would need to remember?
2) Were there any moments that were foreshadowing that you did not recognize as foreshadowing until the story was over? Explain.
3) What do you feel was a significant piece of foreshadowing that will be answered later in the series?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)