|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman next to Anita do when they are in the plane that plunged several thousand feet in seconds as she describes it in Chapter 2?
2. What does Larry say to officer Wallace in chapter fourteen that makes Wallace angry enough to fight?
3. What does Granger say happened to Wallace's first partner when talking to Anita in Chapter 14?
4. What advantage does Anita say she has over the average homicide detective?
5. What jewelry does Anita have on with her outfit in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stirling tell Anita about the Bouvier family?
2. Describe the conversation that Anita and Bert have in Chapter 1 about the job he is planning to bid.
3. What does Anita say to Jean-Claude when she calls him on the phone in Chapter 16?
4. What does Anita explain about the way that girls are viewed in Chapter 7 when she is at the crime scene?
5. What does Stirling say to Anita in Chapter 5 while they are alone on the top of the mountain?
6. What does Magnus explain when Dorcas brigns over the menues to Anita and Larry?
7. What happens while Anita is reading the dead in Chapter 17?
8. Describe the scene in the helicopter in Chapter 3.
9. What does Anita tell everyone before they go out hunting vampires in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 13 what does Jeff tell Anita and Larry about Andy when they talk to Jeff in his room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Why does it reveal about Larry that he was willing to take the place of the girls that were going to be whipped at Serephina's?
2) Did Larry's sacrifice seem like more or less than Jason's? Why?
3) What did it reveal that Serephina and the other vampires were able to lay the plot involving whipping the two young girls?
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the role that family plays in a person's life.
2) How is the family role looked at in the story?
3) Which family role do you feel was most powerful? The Bouvier family, Anita and her memories of her mother and father, the Quinlans, Sheriff St. John and his wife, or the vampire clan that works as a type of family? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Why does Anita try so hard to protect Larry?
2) What does this reveal about Anita's personality?
3) Explain the relationship that Anita and Larry have? Would you say that it is more than a typical co-worker relationship? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)