|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jean-Claude say that the desk clerk let him into Anita's room?
2. What does Anita see on Wallace's neck?
3. What do Dolph and Anita agree about in regard to Freemont in Chapter 10?
4. What does Anita say when Bert tells her that John's pride is hurt in Chapter 1?
5. What does Anita tell Magnus she is when he asks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the murder scene that Anita and Larry go to in Chapter 11.
2. What does Stirling tell Anita about the Bouvier family?
3. What do Anita and Larry find while they are driving to Bloody Bones restaurant?
4. What does Magnus explain when Dorcas brigns over the menues to Anita and Larry?
5. Describe Bloody Bones when Anita and Larry first walk in in Chapter 9.
6. What does Bayard have to say when he comes to see Anita in Chapter 18?
7. In Chapter 13 what does Jeff tell Anita and Larry about Andy when they talk to Jeff in his room?
8. What do Jason and Larry explain in Chapter 19 as to who they are more scared of and why?
9. Describe the conversation that Anita and Bert have in Chapter 1 about the job he is planning to bid.
10. What does Wallace tell Anita about his first partner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Explain the role that Jason plays in the story?
2) If you had to pick another character in the story to say Jason resembles personality wise, which one would it be and why?
3) Speculate on the reasons that Jason doesn't mind being Jean-Claude's pet?
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the importance that Detective Freemont had in the story.
2) Was it necessary to have Freemont and Anita at odds with each other? Explain.
3) Would you say that Freemont were more or less alike and did this contribute to their dislike of each other?
Essay Topic 3
1) What is important about the crucifix in the story?
2) Do you think that the crosses that Anita and Larry wore were more or less powerful because of their powers?
3) What other symbols are found in the story and what do they represent?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)