|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita tell Janos in Chapter 25 when he asks her if their entertainment is so boring?
(b) It's getting better by the moment.
(c) That they have seen better parties.
(d) That they are deciding to kill them now or later.
2. What does Serephina say when Jean-Claude tells her that the petty torments are beneath her?
(a) They are fun though.
(b) She simply giggles.
(c) She is feeling petty.
3. What does Jean-Claude say he was born as?
(a) An aristocrat.
(b) A French peasant.
(c) A duke's son.
(d) A rich shipper's son.
4. What does Larry ask when Anita says that killing a vampire is not the same as killing a human?
(a) How many corpses has she given CPR to lately?
(b) Didn't she say she would never lie to him?
(c) Did she get that out of a manual?
(d) Is that her personal opinion?
5. What does Jason say when Anita asks him if getting shot is worth kissing her once?
(a) He has paid higher prices before.
(b) There is only one way to find out.
(c) Everyone else seems to think it is.
(d) He doesn't believe she will shoot him.
6. What does Anita realize that Serephina is offering her in Chapter 38?
7. Why does Anita tell Jean-Claude that she could never have sex with him?
(a) Because she can't trust him.
(b) Because it grosses her out.
(c) It isn't natural.
(d) She is in love with Richard.
8. What color is the basement in Serephina's home?
(a) Red walls with great tapestries hanging.
(b) Splattered shades on each wall and windows that have been painted on.
(c) Black walls, floors, and ceiling.
(d) It is light blue with little sheep being devored and blood spiling onto the fresh grass.
9. Where does Magnus tell Anita he is going to put her?
(a) In the trunk of his car.
(b) In the coffin until Serephina awakes.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Lock her to the front door.
10. Why does Serephina say that she will help Anita find Jeff Quinlan in Chapter 27?
(a) Because Anita is special.
(b) Because Anita was able to slip Serephina's grasp twice in one night.
(c) Because of the relationship she has with Jean-Claude.
(d) To make amends for the evening's theatrics.
11. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks him how careful she needs to while walking next to Ivy in Chapter 24?
(a) Very careful.
(b) Defend but do not attack first.
(c) He simply laughs.
(d) He says he will take care of her.
12. What does Dorcas say she sees after she shakes Anita's hand?
(a) Sadness and lonliness.
(b) A whirlwind of emotions that cannot be sorted through.
(c) Blood, pain, and death.
(d) She isn't sure what she sees.
13. What does Dorcas explain she was looking for when she came to see Anita in Chapter 21?
(a) Detective Freemont.
(b) The Quinlan boy.
(c) Mr. Stirling.
14. Why does Magnus say that he wanted Bloody Bones' blood?
(a) For the rush it gives.
(b) So that he could find a cure for his disease.
(c) For the power.
(d) For the immortality.
15. What does Jean-Claude say is one of the reasons that Serephina wants Anita?
(a) To take Magnus's place.
(b) To spite him.
(c) So that she can wield the magic behind the human courts.
(d) So that she can wield the magic that Anita has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steps through the doorway in Chapter 26 after the handkerchief has been shown?
2. What does Jean-Claude say had been the one rule that the vampires had to live by before they became citizens?
3. What does Anita have Agent Bradford do when Serephina begins trying to use Anita to come save her?
4. What does Dorcas say when Anita asks her why Magnus ran from the police?
5. What does Jean-Claude say it means in the end of Chapter 24 when a different vampire comes into the basement?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)