|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anita tell Jean-Claude that she could never have sex with him?
(a) Because it grosses her out.
(b) Because she can't trust him.
(c) She is in love with Richard.
(d) It isn't natural.
2. What does Jean-Claude say about the shadows that remain on the porch although the moonlight is bright?
(a) It is glamor.
(b) It is only in their imagination.
(c) He doesn't see what they are talking about.
(d) It is a parlor trick.
3. Why does Jean-Claude say that he is confident of the level of Serephina's powers?
(a) She never was very powerful.
(b) He has been talking to some of Serephina's consorts.
(c) She was a different kind of vampire than he is.
(d) A vampire's powers are established at about two or three centuries.
4. How does Bayard die?
(a) Stirling shoots him.
(b) Bloody Bones kills him.
(c) Vampires kill him.
(d) The zombies kill him.
5. What does Anita tell Serephina when she tells Anita that she they will live forever together and that she will be Anita's mother?
(a) That she had a mother, and she died.
(b) That everything dies.
(c) She is too old to need a mother.
(d) Jeff Quinlan needs a mother too.
6. What unique ability does Jean-Claude say that Serephina has?
(a) To become invisible.
(b) To transform.
(c) To call ghosts.
(d) To be able to go out in daylight once every month.
7. What does Jean-Claude say had been the one rule that the vampires had to live by before they became citizens?
(a) Do not draw attention to yourself.
(b) Do not kill another vampire.
(c) Do not create any new vampires withou the council's approval.
(d) Do not reveal your secrets.
8. What happens when Jean-Claude asks for his coffin back?
(a) Serephina explains that it has bee shipped to Russia.
(b) Serephina tells him it is payment for his trespassing.
(c) Janos brings out a bag of splinters.
(d) Ivy brings out an old rusty urn with ashes.
9. What color is the basement in Serephina's home?
(a) Black walls, floors, and ceiling.
(b) Splattered shades on each wall and windows that have been painted on.
(c) It is light blue with little sheep being devored and blood spiling onto the fresh grass.
(d) Red walls with great tapestries hanging.
10. What does Jean-Claude say it means in the end of Chapter 24 when a different vampire comes into the basement?
(a) It means the council is backing Serephina.
(b) He has no idea at the moment.
(c) It means they are all going to die.
(d) It means that Jean-Claude is a fool.
11. Why does Anita say that master vampires don't talk to cops?
(a) They just aren't social butterflies.
(b) It goes against their rules.
(c) They feel they are above human law.
(d) Too many years of cops shooting them on site.
12. Who steps through the doorway in Chapter 26 after the handkerchief has been shown?
(b) A lawyer.
13. Why does Jean-Claude tell Anita might happen when they go to see Serephina, the master vampire in Branson?
(a) She might have them all killed.
(b) She might call in a favor that Jean-Claude owes her.
(c) She can challenge Jean-Claude.
(d) She might refuse to see them.
14. What does Anita see on Jean-Claude as he walks past her without his shirt on?
(a) Fresh cuts.
(b) A tatoo.
(c) Bite marks.
(d) White scars.
15. Where does Anita wake up in Chapter 39?
(a) In a large bed.
(b) In her hotel room.
(c) In Serephina's basement.
(d) A coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita have Agent Bradford do when Serephina begins trying to use Anita to come save her?
2. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita as she sits with him as the sun comes up?
3. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita to pull out telling her not to be bashful on his account?
4. What does Serephina say when Jean-Claude tells her that the petty torments are beneath her?
5. What does Dorcas do when she sees that Magnus has been drinking the blood from Bloody Bones?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)