|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorcas say she sees after she shakes Anita's hand?
(a) A whirlwind of emotions that cannot be sorted through.
(b) She isn't sure what she sees.
(c) Sadness and lonliness.
(d) Blood, pain, and death.
2. What does Jean-Claude say is one of the reasons that Serephina wants Anita?
(a) So that she can wield the magic behind the human courts.
(b) So that she can wield the magic that Anita has.
(c) To spite him.
(d) To take Magnus's place.
3. What does Anita see on Jean-Claude as he walks past her without his shirt on?
(a) Fresh cuts.
(b) A tatoo.
(c) White scars.
(d) Bite marks.
4. What does Jason say when Anita asks him if getting shot is worth kissing her once?
(a) He doesn't believe she will shoot him.
(b) There is only one way to find out.
(c) Everyone else seems to think it is.
(d) He has paid higher prices before.
5. What does the vampire stick in Anita's ear in Chapter 26?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) A gun.
6. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks him how careful she needs to while walking next to Ivy in Chapter 24?
(a) Defend but do not attack first.
(b) He simply laughs.
(c) He says he will take care of her.
(d) Very careful.
7. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks if the form of the two women vampires is an illusion or if Jean-Claude's form is an illusion.
(a) Jean-Claude's is real.
(b) Both forms are real.
(c) Their form is real.
(d) Neither are real.
8. Why does Jean-Claude say that he is confident of the level of Serephina's powers?
(a) She never was very powerful.
(b) He has been talking to some of Serephina's consorts.
(c) A vampire's powers are established at about two or three centuries.
(d) She was a different kind of vampire than he is.
9. What does Janos explain the purpose the girls are going to serve?
(a) They are going to be whipping boys for Larry and Jason.
(b) They are going to give up a toe off of each foot in place of two of Jean-Claude's people.
(c) Janos is going to turn them.
(d) They serve no purpose other than to show how serious Serephina is.
10. What does Magnus explain that Serephina offered him in exchange for being her servant?
(b) Magic abilities.
(c) Freedom from tending Bloody Bones.
11. What color is the basement in Serephina's home?
(a) Red walls with great tapestries hanging.
(b) Black walls, floors, and ceiling.
(c) It is light blue with little sheep being devored and blood spiling onto the fresh grass.
(d) Splattered shades on each wall and windows that have been painted on.
12. What does Jean-Claude say he was born as?
(a) A rich shipper's son.
(b) A duke's son.
(c) A French peasant.
(d) An aristocrat.
13. What is Jason doing after Janos has left the room?
(a) Howling at the moon.
(b) Scrubing at his skin.
(c) Tearing apart the two female vampires that had been on him.
(d) Pounding on the door to be let out.
14. What does Serephina offer to let Anita do?
(a) Kill Magnus.
(b) Kill Janos.
(c) Punish Ivy.
(d) Be the one to save Jeff Quinlan.
15. What animal does Anita have that she uses to sacrifice in Chapter 33?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude say is the only true way to kill vampires like Janos that can turn into rotting corpses?
2. What does Bloody Bones say that Serephina had promised him?
3. What wounds does Anita have that confuses the doctors?
4. What does Jason tell Anita when he lays down to let Jean-Claude feed on him?
5. What is Jason told he must do when he agrees to take the place of one of the girls that the vampires were going to hurt?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)