|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bayard die?
(a) Bloody Bones kills him.
(b) Stirling shoots him.
(c) Vampires kill him.
(d) The zombies kill him.
2. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks if the form of the two women vampires is an illusion or if Jean-Claude's form is an illusion.
(a) Neither are real.
(b) Both forms are real.
(c) Their form is real.
(d) Jean-Claude's is real.
3. What is Jason told he must do when he agrees to take the place of one of the girls that the vampires were going to hurt?
(a) He must let them stick needles through his eye lids.
(b) He must have silver spikes driven into his hands and feet.
(c) He must lick Janos' feet.
(d) He must have sex with two of the women vampires in front of everyone.
4. What does Anita use to get Ivy off of her in Chapter 34?
(a) A spell.
(b) A jagged femur bone in the mud.
(c) Her crucifix.
(d) A wooden stake.
5. What color is the basement in Serephina's home?
(a) It is light blue with little sheep being devored and blood spiling onto the fresh grass.
(b) Black walls, floors, and ceiling.
(c) Red walls with great tapestries hanging.
(d) Splattered shades on each wall and windows that have been painted on.
6. Why is it explained that Serephina wants to ask Anita's forgiveness?
(a) Anita is a woman.
(b) Serephina feels a connection to Anita.
(c) Anita is the one that wanted the meeting.
(d) Anita bested Ivy.
7. What happens when Jean-Claude asks for his coffin back?
(a) Ivy brings out an old rusty urn with ashes.
(b) Serephina tells him it is payment for his trespassing.
(c) Serephina explains that it has bee shipped to Russia.
(d) Janos brings out a bag of splinters.
8. What does Magnus say helps to drown Serephina out?
(a) A fey spell.
(b) Using glamor.
(c) Getting drunk.
9. What wounds does Anita have that confuses the doctors?
(a) Cuts all over her back.
(b) Bruises on her face.
(c) Second degree burns.
(d) The puncture marks on her hands and feet.
10. Who does Magnus say is in the other coffin in the Bloody Bones bar?
(a) Xavier and Jeff.
(c) Ellie Quinlan.
11. What does Jean-Claude say about the shadows that remain on the porch although the moonlight is bright?
(a) It is glamor.
(b) It is only in their imagination.
(c) It is a parlor trick.
(d) He doesn't see what they are talking about.
12. What does Anita realize that Serephina is offering her in Chapter 38?
13. What line does Anita say that Jean-Claude has crossed that only a handful of other vampires have crossed?
(a) He is someone she feels she can count on.
(b) She no longer thinks of him as a monster.
(c) She thinks of him as a friend.
(d) She is beginning to think she has feelings for him.
14. Why does Jean-Claude say that he is confident of the level of Serephina's powers?
(a) A vampire's powers are established at about two or three centuries.
(b) She never was very powerful.
(c) She was a different kind of vampire than he is.
(d) He has been talking to some of Serephina's consorts.
15. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks him how careful she needs to while walking next to Ivy in Chapter 24?
(a) He says he will take care of her.
(b) Defend but do not attack first.
(c) He simply laughs.
(d) Very careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita to pull out telling her not to be bashful on his account?
2. Why does Serephina say that she will help Anita find Jeff Quinlan in Chapter 27?
3. What does Serephina say when Jean-Claude tells her that the petty torments are beneath her?
4. What does Jean-Claude say it means in the end of Chapter 24 when a different vampire comes into the basement?
5. Who is missing from the party when Anita and the others arrive in Chapter 38?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)