|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stirling say he wanted Bloody Bones free?
(a) The creature is a cousin of his.
(b) Stirling works for Serephina.
(c) The creature offered him all of the Bouvier lands.
(d) The creature offered him power.
2. What does Jean-Claude say about the shadows that remain on the porch although the moonlight is bright?
(a) It is only in their imagination.
(b) He doesn't see what they are talking about.
(c) It is a parlor trick.
(d) It is glamor.
3. What does Jason say when Anita asks him if getting shot is worth kissing her once?
(a) He has paid higher prices before.
(b) Everyone else seems to think it is.
(c) He doesn't believe she will shoot him.
(d) There is only one way to find out.
4. What wounds does Anita have that confuses the doctors?
(a) Second degree burns.
(b) Cuts all over her back.
(c) Bruises on her face.
(d) The puncture marks on her hands and feet.
5. Why does Serephina say that she will help Anita find Jeff Quinlan in Chapter 27?
(a) Because of the relationship she has with Jean-Claude.
(b) Because Anita is special.
(c) To make amends for the evening's theatrics.
(d) Because Anita was able to slip Serephina's grasp twice in one night.
6. What does Anita have to call housekeeping for in Chapter 29?
(a) Clean towels.
(b) Medicine and bandages.
(c) To have a telegraph sent.
7. In the end of Chapter 22 what does Anita realize suddenly is going to bother her?
(a) Being so close to vampiares and not being allowed to kill them.
(b) Being close to Jason all night.
(c) Meeting one of Jean-Claude's lovers.
(d) Pretending to be one of Jean-Claude's human servants.
8. What does Magnus explain that Serephina offered him in exchange for being her servant?
(c) Freedom from tending Bloody Bones.
(d) Magic abilities.
9. What does Jean-Claude say is one of the reasons that Serephina wants Anita?
(a) So that she can wield the magic that Anita has.
(b) To take Magnus's place.
(c) To spite him.
(d) So that she can wield the magic behind the human courts.
10. What does Anita have Agent Bradford do when Serephina begins trying to use Anita to come save her?
(a) Cuff her.
(b) Stab her with a crucifix.
(c) Hold her down.
(d) Knock her out.
11. Who is missing from the party when Anita and the others arrive in Chapter 38?
(b) Jeff and Xavier.
12. What does Xavier say that he did when Anita asks him if he gave Bloody Bones the sword or actually helped him kill the teenagers?
(b) He doesn't know what Anita is talking about.
(c) Does it matter?
(d) Xavier fed the children to Bloody Bones when he was finished with them.
13. What animal does Anita have that she uses to sacrifice in Chapter 33?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A goat.
14. What does Larry ask when Anita says that killing a vampire is not the same as killing a human?
(a) How many corpses has she given CPR to lately?
(b) Didn't she say she would never lie to him?
(c) Is that her personal opinion?
(d) Did she get that out of a manual?
15. What does Jean-Claude say is the only true way to kill vampires like Janos that can turn into rotting corpses?
(a) With sunlight.
(b) To decapitate them.
(c) By magical spells.
(d) With fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude say that the handkerchief is at the top of the stairs?
2. Where does Magnus tell Anita he is going to put her?
3. What does Magnus say will happen if Anita raises the dead from the hillside for Stirling?
4. What do Anita and Larry have in their shirt pockets in Chapter 32 that can help to disrupt fey magic?
5. What does Jean-Claude say may happen if Serephina drinks from Bloody Bones in Chapter 38?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)