|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Larry say the cold wind is coming from in Chapter 17?
(b) Straight above.
(c) Every direction at once.
(d) The ground.
2. What does Larry say when Anita tells him he can go stand with Mr. Stirling if he can stand it in Chapter 17?
(a) He needs to sooth the nerves Anita has frayed any ways.
(b) He can stand it for a moment or two.
(c) Someone needs to go hold Stirling's hand.
(d) He schmoozes clients better than Anita does.
3. What does Anita admit later is the real reason that the vampires are willing to talk to her?
(a) She does favors for the vampires.
(b) She advocates for the vampires in court.
(c) Her uncle is a vampire.
(d) The Master of the City of St. Louis likes Anita.
4. Why does Anita not tell Wallace is the true reason that vampires do not feed off of animals?
(a) Because they enjoy having the power over humans.
(b) Because feeding is a lot like sex to vampires.
(c) They want to make humans their servants through feeding.
(d) The feeding gives the vampires a connection to their victims.
5. Why is Anita angry with Larry for going outside alone in Chapter 13?
(a) He doesn't have official status.
(b) Because this is her case.
(c) He could contaminate the scene.
(d) In case the vampire was out there.
6. What does Beau say he is going to do in Chapter 17 when Anita warns him not to be waiting on them at the bottom of the hill with another gun?
(a) Going home to his wife.
(b) Going to look for a new job.
(c) Going home to pack up and leave town.
(d) Going to go to church.
7. Why does Anita tell Stirling that the police are paging her?
(a) She is part of an ongoing investigation.
(b) She is the vampire executioner for three states.
(c) Her brother is a policeman.
(d) She volunteers.
8. Why does Anita say that she and her father didn't talk much about her mother?
(a) They argued when they talked about her.
(b) It made him cry.
(c) Her father had a nervous break down.
(d) Her father was remarried.
9. What does Freemont admit to when Anita says she might be able to help stop the monster that is responsible before it kills again?
(a) It has killed before.
(b) They don't want her help.
(c) They think it already has killed.
(d) They think it came from a neighboring town.
10. What does the Quinlan family say about the dog barking?
(a) It always barks at strangers.
(b) The dog typically never barks.
(c) He just started barking last night.
(d) They aren't sure how often it barks because they just got the dog two nights ago.
11. What does Anita say when Bayard asks if it would have been easier if she had been brought in before the graves had been disturbed?
(a) I'm not sure.
(d) We'll never know.
12. What does Anita say that Jason did the last two times that they met?
(a) Tried to sell her to a demon.
(b) Fought on her side.
(c) Tried to eat her.
(d) Ran away.
13. How many people does Burt tell Anita they want to have raised?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Ten if possible.
(d) The entire cemetery.
14. Once on top of the hill what does Stirling ask Anita to do?
(a) Quit the job.
(b) Say that the bodies aren't Bouviers regardless of the truth.
(c) Announce it impossible.
(d) Go out to dinner with him.
15. Why does Anita say tat vampires tend to stay near cities?
(a) They can hide their victims better.
(b) There is less scrutiny against them in the cities.
(c) They can blend into cities easier.
(d) They develop large enterprises in cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the vampires take with them in Chapter 15 after they have attacked the Quinlan home?
2. What does Anita notice about the blond haired boy's eyes in Chapter 7?
3. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita to find out about the murders when he talks to Anita on the phone?
4. Why does Freemont say that the Quinlan's are planning to sue Anita?
5. What does Bayard answer when Anita asks if he is aware that she is not sure she can raise all the dead?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)