|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff say when Anita tells him that she has been working with the police for three years?
(a) That is longer than he has been sheriff.
(b) That does make her sound reputable.
(c) He doesn't care how long she has been working with them.
(d) That is not near long enough.
2. What does the sheriff tell Anita that the parents want done to Ellie's body?
(a) Burried in a church.
3. Why does Anita tell Stirling that the police are paging her?
(a) She is the vampire executioner for three states.
(b) She is part of an ongoing investigation.
(c) She volunteers.
(d) Her brother is a policeman.
4. What does Freemont say she would say they were dealing with if they thought the killer was an ordinary human?
(a) A real sicko.
(b) A serial killer.
(c) A navy seal.
(d) An escaped mental patient.
5. What does Anita say will happen next time if Larry doesn't come with her to the second murder scene in Chapter 11?
(a) There won't be a next time.
(b) It will be a mark against him.
(c) She isn't sure.
(d) He will have to wait longer to take lead.
6. In Chapter 8 what do Anita and Larry get out of the Jeep to check?
(a) An odd sign carved into a tree.
(b) A cluster of bone fragments.
(c) Chopped down trees.
(d) An old woman.
7. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita to find out about the murders when he talks to Anita on the phone?
(a) If they have a small tatoo on their left big toe.
(b) If they had an unusual ointment on them.
(c) If they were sexually assualted.
(d) If they are missing their pituitary gland.
8. What does Magnus tell Anita he had thought would happen?
(a) He thought she would try to raise the dead and fail.
(b) He thought she would secure a human sacrifice.
(c) He thought she would realize what a horrible man Stirling is.
(d) He thought the lawyers would have stopped it before it got to this point.
9. What does Anita realize when she meets Magnus?
(a) He is related to Stirling.
(b) He isn't her killer.
(c) He isn't human.
(d) He is dangerous.
10. What does Anita tell Jeff to do in Chapter 13 after she is done questioning him in his room?
(a) Don't let anyone in the house.
(b) Wear a cross.
(c) Keep the doors locked.
(d) Keep the dog close.
11. Where does Anita tell agent Bradford that she got Xavier's name?
(a) From a friend.
(b) From her home town police.
(c) It fell into her lap.
(d) A psychic.
12. What does the Quinlan family say about the dog barking?
(a) He just started barking last night.
(b) The dog typically never barks.
(c) It always barks at strangers.
(d) They aren't sure how often it barks because they just got the dog two nights ago.
13. What does Anita say when Larry asks her if the crime scene will be awful in Chapter 6?
(a) They should have it all cleaned up.
(b) Yeah, it'll be awful.
(c) I don't think so.
(d) I've never seen one like this before.
14. Why does Anita say that she and her father didn't talk much about her mother?
(a) It made him cry.
(b) Her father was remarried.
(c) They argued when they talked about her.
(d) Her father had a nervous break down.
15. Why does Anita not tell Wallace is the true reason that vampires do not feed off of animals?
(a) Because they enjoy having the power over humans.
(b) Because feeding is a lot like sex to vampires.
(c) The feeding gives the vampires a connection to their victims.
(d) They want to make humans their servants through feeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita NOT say that Richard is in Chapter 2?
2. What does Anita tell Magnus she is when he asks?
3. What had Ellie been studying before she was killed?
4. What does Anita say when Bert tells her that John's pride is hurt in Chapter 1?
5. What does Magnus say when Anita asks if the only reason he doesn't want to be a millionaire is just because of family tradition?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)