|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 24, where does Rose stab Dimitri with the wooden stake?
2. In chapter 25, what does Rose do to the keypad on the opposite side of the first door leading from her room?
3. In chapter 22, what unusual thing happens as Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond?
4. In chapter 23, what happens when Rose tells Dimitri about his family?
5. In chapter 19, how is the door to Rose's room locked?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 19, what does Rose think of Dimitri's offer to turn her Strigoi? Why?
2. In chapter 20, who interrupts Rose and Dimitri's walk in the garden? For what reason?
3. In chapter 20, why does Dimitri take Rose for a walk in Galina's gardens? How do the other Strigoi feel about this?
4. In chapter 21, why does Dimitri tell Rose he refuses to turn her Strigoi against her will? What will Dimitri do if Rose will not commit to being turned Strigoi?
5. In chapter 25, how does Rose find the room where she believes her stake was taken upon her capture by Dimitri? Why does she go here?
6. In chapter 30, who encourages Rose to re-enroll at St. Vladimir's Academy? What does this person think Rose can do with her education?
7. In chapter 28, who joins the fight against Avery with Lissa, Rose, and Oksana? What is the result?
8. In chapter 27, what alerts Rose to the fact that Lissa is in danger? What kind of danger?
9. In chapter 30, who sends Rose a package at St. Vladimir's? How does this change what Rose had thought she had accomplished in Siberia?
10. In chapter 22, what does Rose discover is going on with Lissa? What does Christian say to Lissa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay, using quotes from the "Blood Promise" to support your conclusions:
1) The purpose of the Alchemist
2) The differences between Moroi and Strigoi
3) The differences between Moroi and dhampir
4) Rose's mission in Russia.
Essay Topic 2
When Rose is fighting Galina, who comes to her rescue? For what reason? Why does Rose return to the library to stake Galina? Who asks her to do this? For what reason? How does Rose escape the house? What obstacle does Rose find herself in upon leaving the house? Who follows Rose from the house? For what reason? Why does Rose decide to go on the offensive while being chased through the woods? How does she do this? What is the result of this ambush?
Essay Topic 3
What makes Rose finally realize she must fight Dimitri's control over her? What makes Rose decide she must go through with her plan to kill Dimitri? How does Rose manage to incapacitate Dimitri long enough to escape her prison? Why does Rose go in search of a silver stake upon leaving her prison cell, rather than immediately seeking a way out of the house? What is unique about the stake that Rose takes with her? Why does Rose instruct a servant to take her to a room with large windows rather than attempting to escape out the front door? What room does the servant take her to? Who does Rose find waiting there?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)