|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 30, to whom does Rose promise she will graduate from St. Vlad's?
2. In chapter 24, what had Dimitri, in his role as teacher, repeatedly told Rose she should do when confronting an enemy?
3. In chapter 18, what does Rose attempt to use as a weapon against Dimitri?
4. In chapter 29, what does Abe give Rose before she boards her plane?
5. In chapter 26, why does Rose choose to go in the direction she follows after leaving the maze?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 25, how does Rose escape the two doors that keep her locked in her prison room?
2. In chapter 23, what happens when Rose uses the mental bond to check in on Lissa again?
3. In chapter 18, who interrupts Rose and Dimitri? What does he want? What is implied by this Strigoi's obedience to Dimitri?
4. In chapter 25, how does Rose escape from the Strigoi standing guard outside the second door locking her in her prison room?
5. In chapter 26, how does Rose keep Dimitri from overwhelming her as she attempts to climb the river bank to a bridge above?
6. In chapter 28, who joins the fight against Avery with Lissa, Rose, and Oksana? What is the result?
7. In chapter 19, why does Rose allow Dimitri to kiss her? What does he do next? For what reason?
8. In chapter 27, how does Avery use her spirit powers to attempt to distract Rose long enough for Avery to send Lissa toppling out the window?
9. In chapter 21, why does Dimitri tell Rose he refuses to turn her Strigoi against her will? What will Dimitri do if Rose will not commit to being turned Strigoi?
10. In chapter 25, why does Rose stop to help Dimitri kill Galina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where has Dimitri taken Rose? What does Dimitri want from Rose? Why did Dimitri not kill Rose? What does Dimitri do to Rose to make her more docile? How does Rose react to what Dimitri is doing to her? Who is Nathan? What does Nathan want from Rose? For what reason? What reason does Nathan and Dimitri give to Rose for why the Strigoi have suddenly begun targeting the Moroi royal families? Why does Rose resist becoming Strigoi to be with Dimitri for all of eternity? What might happen to Rose if she does not commit to becoming Strigoi?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
Who is Sydney? What tattoo does Sydney have on her face? What special abilities does this tattoo give to Sydney? What is the definition of alchemist? Why is Sydney and her kind called Alchemists? What is Sydney's primary function in the vampire world? Why does Sydney seek out Rose? Why does Sydney seem reluctant to help Rose? What does Sydney finally agree to do for Rose? For what reason? From whom does Sydney first get permission to help Rose? What does this imply about Rose's situation?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)