|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, with whom has Lissa made a deal in order to go to a bigger college than the typical Moroi schools?
2. At the beginning of chapter 1, how does Rose say she knows the person following her is not Strigoi?
3. In chapter 7, what does Rose discover the Belikov family has not been told about Dimitri?
4. In chapter 5, when does Rose tell the reader Dimitri admitted to obsessing over her in private even while trying to keep their relationship professional?
5. In chapter 15, who asks Lissa why she did not volunteer to go with Rose on her trip abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 14, who offers to break up Rolan and Viktoria on the condition that Rose leave Baia?
2. In chapter 14, how does Rose come to the conclusion that Viktoria's Moroi boyfriend is not all he appears to be?
3. In chapter 5, what does Lissa overhear between Avery and her father? What is the significance of this for Lissa?
4. In the prologue, how does Rose tell the reader Dimitri became a Strigoi?
5. In chapter 15, where does Rose decide she will go when she leaves Baia?
6. In chapter 12, what alternative does Viktoria suggest to Rose to her mission to find Dimitri or returning to St. Vlad's?
7. In chapter 1, why does Rose tell the reader she has been spending time in a Russian nightclub called the Nightingale?
8. In chapter 15, what happens between Rose and Viktoria when Rolan breaks up with Viktoria? For what reason?
9. In chapter 13, who does Rose meet after Easter Sunday church services? What is significant about this meeting?
10. In chapter 4, why does Rose avoid touring Moscow even though she admires the architecture and wants to see more of the ancient city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) The revelation that Abe is Rose's father.
2) The package Rose receives from Dimitri and what it implies.
3) Rose's suggestion that she might ask Lissa to help her break Victor Dashkov out of prison and the reason for this.
Essay Topic 2
Where has Dimitri taken Rose? What does Dimitri want from Rose? Why did Dimitri not kill Rose? What does Dimitri do to Rose to make her more docile? How does Rose react to what Dimitri is doing to her? Who is Nathan? What does Nathan want from Rose? For what reason? What reason does Nathan and Dimitri give to Rose for why the Strigoi have suddenly begun targeting the Moroi royal families? Why does Rose resist becoming Strigoi to be with Dimitri for all of eternity? What might happen to Rose if she does not commit to becoming Strigoi?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Rose surprised that she is treated like Dimitri's girlfriend during his memorial service? How is this different from how Rose and Dimitri expected to be treated had their relationship been revealed? How does this make Rose feel? Does this have an impact on Rose's determination to find Dimitri and free him from his current Strigoi condition? Does this have an impact on Rose's opinion of dhampir women in the community of Baia? Does this memorial service change Sydney's opinion of Rose and dhampirs in general?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)