|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dimitri's nickname for Rose?
2. In chapter 4, what is Rose dreaming about when Adrian interrupts her dream?
3. In chapter 2, what kind of tattoo does Rose notice on Sydney's face?
4. At the beginning of chapter 1, how does Rose say she knows the person following her is not Strigoi?
5. In chapter 9, for what reason does Rose tell Abe she came to Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 11, what conflict does Rose witness between Lissa and Christian that begins to make her wonder if something might be going on with Lissa that she is not aware of?
2. In chapter 16, what does Rose insist her group of Strigoi hunters do before she will allow them to kill the Strigoi?
3. In chapter 17, what does Lissa do at Court that leaves those who know her feeling concerned about her behavior?
4. In chapter 9, what kind of stories does Rose tell the people at the memorial service for Dimitri about Dimitri?
5. In chapter 15, what happens between Rose and Viktoria when Rolan breaks up with Viktoria? For what reason?
6. In chapter 12, what alternative does Viktoria suggest to Rose to her mission to find Dimitri or returning to St. Vlad's?
7. In chapter 1, why does Rose tell the reader she has been spending time in a Russian nightclub called the Nightingale?
8. In the prologue, how does Rose tell the reader Dimitri became a Strigoi?
9. In chapter 10, where does Dimitri's grandmother take Rose? For what reason?
10. In chapter 5, what does Lissa overhear between Avery and her father? What is the significance of this for Lissa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) The revelation that Abe is Rose's father.
2) The package Rose receives from Dimitri and what it implies.
3) Rose's suggestion that she might ask Lissa to help her break Victor Dashkov out of prison and the reason for this.
Essay Topic 2
Who are Oksana and Mark? What is unusual about Oksana and Mark that Rose finds fascinating? What does Mark teach Rose about her own bond with Lissa? What item does Mark give to Rose to help heal the darkness she pulls from Lissa from the spirit use? Does this item work for Rose? How does Rose know if it is working? What else does Rose learn from Oksana and Mark that she did not know before? How might this information help Rose and Lissa at some point in time?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Rose return to St. Vlad's? What does she expect to do there in the future? Why is Rose surprised when Alberta asks her to re-enroll in the school? Who does Rose make a promise to that she will graduate from school? For what reason? What does graduation from St. Vlad's mean for Rose? What did it once mean? Does Rose believe that she will still be able to do what she had always thought was a given upon her graduation from St. Vlad's? Explain.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)