|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 9, for what reason does Rose tell Abe she came to Russia?
2. What is a Moroi as described in the prologue?
3. In chapter 14, who does Abe tell Rose that Rolan has already conceived a baby with?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
5. In chapter 13, what do Rose and Dimitri make in a memory she has of him during church services?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 3, what does Rose learn about Sydney's opinions of vampires? How does Rose feel about this?
2. In chapter 12, what alternative does Viktoria suggest to Rose to her mission to find Dimitri or returning to St. Vlad's?
3. In chapter 12, with whom does Rose argue? Why?
4. In chapter 4, who visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose?
5. In chapter 2, what does Rose ask Sydney to help her do? What does Sydney's superiors order her to do?
6. In chapter 9, what kind of stories does Rose tell the people at the memorial service for Dimitri about Dimitri?
7. In chapter 10, where does Dimitri's grandmother take Rose? For what reason?
8. In chapter 14, who offers to break up Rolan and Viktoria on the condition that Rose leave Baia?
9. In chapter 1, why does Rose tell the reader she has been spending time in a Russian nightclub called the Nightingale?
10. In chapter 13, who does Rose meet after Easter Sunday church services? What is significant about this meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay, using quotes from "Blood Promise" to support your conclusions:
1) Rose and Dimitri
2) Lissa and Christian
3) Adrian and Lissa
4) Adrian and Rose.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay, using quotes from the "Blood Promise" to support your conclusions:
1) The purpose of the Alchemist
2) The differences between Moroi and Strigoi
3) The differences between Moroi and dhampir
4) Rose's mission in Russia.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay, using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)