|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 23, what saying does Dimitri say to Rose over and over that begins to stick with her?
(a) Them or us.
(b) Do or die.
(c) Now or never.
(d) Prey or predator.
2. In chapter 30, what does Rose learn about Abe Mazur?
(a) That he is her father.
(b) That he is her uncle.
(c) That he is her cousin.
(d) That he is her brother.
3. In chapter 20, what does Rose do to fill her time during her captivity?
(b) Search for a way out.
(d) Watch TV.
4. In chapter 20, why does Dimitri carry Rose as they make their way to the garden?
(a) He does not want her to hurt herelf.
(b) She is refusing to go.
(c) He is trying to be romantic.
(d) She is too weak to walk.
5. In chapter 21, what does Dimitri repeatedly assure Rose of about turning Strigoi?
(a) It will allow them to have children.
(b) It will release her from Lissa.
(c) It will not take long.
(d) It will not hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 26, why can Rose not avoid the maze of Galina's garden?
2. In chapter 29, how does Adrian tell Rose that Reed was killed?
3. In chapter 18, what does Rose immediately notice about the place in which she finds herself?
4. In chapter 21, what does Adrian see on Rose's neck that causes him concern?
5. In chapter 28, what message does Rose give Lissa for Adrian?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 22, how does Rose prevent Dimitri from biting her again so that she might regain some of her strength?
2. In chapter 29, who meets Rose's plane when she returns to Montana? Why?
3. In chapter 20, who interrupts Rose and Dimitri's walk in the garden? For what reason?
4. In chapter 26, how does Rose keep Dimitri from overwhelming her as she attempts to climb the river bank to a bridge above?
5. In chapter 25, why does Rose stop to help Dimitri kill Galina?
6. In chapter 27, what alerts Rose to the fact that Lissa is in danger? What kind of danger?
7. In chapter 21, why does Dimitri tell Rose he refuses to turn her Strigoi against her will? What will Dimitri do if Rose will not commit to being turned Strigoi?
8. In chapter 27, who does she realize has healed her? How does Rose feel about this?
9. In chapter 25, how does Rose escape the two doors that keep her locked in her prison room?
10. In chapter 28, what does Rose teach Lissa to do in order to protect herself from Reed?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)