|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 28, what is the name of the spirit user whom Oksana says might have information on how to heal a Strigoi?
(a) Reed Lazar.
(b) Robert Doru.
(c) Victor Dashkov.
(d) Avery Lazar.
2. In chapter 27, where does the Alchemist take Rose after her fight with Dimitri?
(a) A townhouse in the city.
(b) Olena's house.
(c) Oksana's house.
(d) Abe's country mansion.
3. In chapter 19, why does Rose initially refuse to eat?
(a) She is afraid the food is poisoned.
(b) She wants to starve herself to death.
(c) She wants to make Dimitri release her out of pity.
(d) She does not like Strigoi food.
4. In chapter 22, how does Christian react to the news that Lissa kissed Aaron?
(a) He is not bothered by it.
(b) He is happy to finally be free of Lissa.
(c) He is heart broken and begs Lissa not to leave him.
(d) He sees Lissa's decision not to tell him as a lie.
5. In chapter 24, what does Dimitri say when Rose asks why he wants her to change to Strigoi?
(a) That he wants her.
(b) That he cannot live without her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he needs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 23, what is Lissa called to the counselor to discuss?
2. In chapter 30, what threat is implied in the note Rose receives from Dimitri?
3. In chapter 20, what is unusual about Galina's garden?
4. In chapter 30, who recognizes the scarf Rose continues to wear around her neck?
5. In chapter 19, what does Rose say she fears the most about becoming Strigoi?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 22, how does Rose prevent Dimitri from biting her again so that she might regain some of her strength?
2. In chapter 25, how does Rose find the room where she believes her stake was taken upon her capture by Dimitri? Why does she go here?
3. In chapter 29, who meets Rose's plane when she returns to Montana? Why?
4. In chapter 28, who joins the fight against Avery with Lissa, Rose, and Oksana? What is the result?
5. In chapter 27, how does Avery use her spirit powers to attempt to distract Rose long enough for Avery to send Lissa toppling out the window?
6. In chapter 30, who encourages Rose to re-enroll at St. Vladimir's Academy? What does this person think Rose can do with her education?
7. In chapter 20, why does Dimitri take Rose for a walk in Galina's gardens? How do the other Strigoi feel about this?
8. In chapter 25, why does Rose stop to help Dimitri kill Galina?
9. In chapter 29, what does Rose tell Lissa about her trip to Siberia?
10. In chapter 21, who attacks Rose? How does Rose attempt to defend herself?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)