|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 10, what does Rose find herself carrying through the village?
(a) Casserole dishes.
(b) Gardening tools.
(c) Heavy boxes.
(d) Strigoi artifacts.
2. In chapter 11, what item does Mark give to Rose?
(b) A headband.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
3. In chapter 13, what does Denis notice that Rose is missing from the tattoos on her neck?
(a) Molnija marks.
(b) Her initials.
(c) A battle mark.
(d) A promise mark.
4. In chapter 14, who is Rolan?
(a) A friend of Viktoria's dhampir boyfriend.
(b) Viktoria's Moroi boyfriend.
(c) Viktoria's cousin.
(d) A friend of Viktoria's brother.
5. In chapter 7, what does Rose reveal that Dimitri once told her about his grandmother?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is suspicious of strangers.
(c) She practices dark magic.
(d) She is a witch of sorts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 2, who attacks Sydney as she approaches Rose in an alley?
2. In chapter 16, what shocks Rose the most when she finds a Strigoi who knows Dimitri?
3. In chapter 17, why does Rose not stake Dimitri when given the chance?
4. In chapter 7, where does Viktoria tell Rose works now that she is pregnant?
5. In chapter 6, in Rose's memory of caring for a cut on Dimitri's cheek, where does she tell the reader Dimitri got the injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 1, who begins to follow Rose as she makes her way back to her hotel from the Nightingale?
2. In chapter 4, who visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose?
3. In chapter 4, why does Rose avoid touring Moscow even though she admires the architecture and wants to see more of the ancient city?
4. In chapter 10, where does Dimitri's grandmother take Rose? For what reason?
5. In chapter 17, what does Lissa do at Court that leaves those who know her feeling concerned about her behavior?
6. In chapter 11, what conflict does Rose witness between Lissa and Christian that begins to make her wonder if something might be going on with Lissa that she is not aware of?
7. In chapter 17, how does Rose find herself on the streets of Novosibirsk alone? Who confronts Rose?
8. In chapter 16, what does Rose insist her group of Strigoi hunters do before she will allow them to kill the Strigoi?
9. In the prologue, how does Rose tell the reader Dimitri became a Strigoi?
10. In chapter 7, why does Rose not tell the Belikovs right away who she is and why she has come to Siberia? Why does Rose partially change her mind later in the chapter?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)