|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, what does Sydney say her tattoo is made of?
(a) Silver and charmed Moroi blood.
(b) Silver and dirt from Transylvania.
(c) Gold and dirt from Transylvania.
(d) Gold and charmed Moroi blood.
2. In chapter 9, for what reason does Rose tell Abe she came to Russia?
(a) To escape trouble at school.
(b) To find Dimitri.
(c) To see the world.
(d) To tell the Belikovs about Dimitri.
3. In chapter 14, where does Viktoria tell her mother that she is going Easter evening?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) To a nightclub.
(c) To a party.
(d) To a local bar.
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. In chapter 16, what is the main topic of conversation among Denis' friends on the trip to the city?
(b) Rose's Strigoi kills.
(c) Their past successes.
(d) Finding eligible girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, when does Rose tell the reader Dimitri admitted to obsessing over her in private even while trying to keep their relationship professional?
2. In chapter 5, what does Rose see Adrian attempting to teach Lissa back at St. Vlad's?
3. In the prologue, who does Rose say told her that Dimitri had gone to Siberia after becoming Strigoi?
4. What does Rose say that Moroi do with their mouths in order to hide their fangs?
5. In chapter 10, what interrupts Lissa's English class back at St. Vlad's?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 6, what does Rose use in order to defeat Strigoi in an old barn?
2. In chapter 15, where does Rose decide she will go when she leaves Baia?
3. In chapter 7, why does Rose not tell the Belikovs right away who she is and why she has come to Siberia? Why does Rose partially change her mind later in the chapter?
4. In chapter 8, what is the reaction of Dimitri's mother and sisters to the news that he has become Strigoi? Why is that their reaction?
5. In chapter 12, with whom does Rose argue? Why?
6. In chapter 5, what secret hobby does Rose learn Sydney has? What might Sydney have done with this hobby is she had not been forced to become an Alchemist?
7. In chapter 8, Sydney warns Rose about Abe Mazur and later Rose meets Abe. What does Sydney tell Rose about Abe? What is Rose's immediate opinion of Abe?
8. In chapter 1, who begins to follow Rose as she makes her way back to her hotel from the Nightingale?
9. In chapter 16, what does Rose insist her group of Strigoi hunters do before she will allow them to kill the Strigoi?
10. In chapter 17, what does Lissa do at Court that leaves those who know her feeling concerned about her behavior?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)