|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 10, who is Oksana?
(a) A Moroi spirit user.
(b) A Strigoi who has been healed.
(c) A dhampir shadow kissed to a spirit user.
(d) A Moroi royal.
2. In chapter 5, why does Sydney tell Rose they must be cautious traveling in remote areas?
(a) Strigoi like to target victims in remote areas.
(b) Moroi shut down the roads in remote areas at night.
(c) There are vampire hunters in remote areas.
(d) Strigoi prefer remote areas to larger cities.
3. In chapter 14, what does Rose find amusing about Abe's mode of dress?
(a) He dresses as though he is poor.
(b) He dresses in light materials in the middle of winter.
(c) He is always wearing bright colors and a silk scarf.
(d) He dresses in slouchy, torn clothing.
4. In chapter 15, what does Lissa notice about Reed on the flight to Court?
(a) He seems afraid of Avery.
(b) He has a crush on her.
(c) He is angry and hostile.
(d) He seems too interested in Jill.
5. What is a Strigoi, as described in the prologue?
(a) Half vampire, half human.
(b) A human who knows about vampires.
(c) A living vampire.
(d) A dead, soul-less vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, what makes Rose suddenly realize she does not belong in Baia?
2. In chapter 7, who does Rose learn drove her to the Belikov home the night before?
3. In chapter 4, what is Rose dreaming about when Adrian interrupts her dream?
4. In chapter 9, what does Karolina say she made Dimitri do over and over when they were children?
5. In chapter 11, what does Mark tell Rose his wife can heal in him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 15, what happens between Rose and Viktoria when Rolan breaks up with Viktoria? For what reason?
2. In chapter 11, what conflict does Rose witness between Lissa and Christian that begins to make her wonder if something might be going on with Lissa that she is not aware of?
3. In chapter 5, what secret hobby does Rose learn Sydney has? What might Sydney have done with this hobby is she had not been forced to become an Alchemist?
4. In chapter 10, where does Dimitri's grandmother take Rose? For what reason?
5. In chapter 9, what kind of stories does Rose tell the people at the memorial service for Dimitri about Dimitri?
6. In chapter 4, why does Rose avoid touring Moscow even though she admires the architecture and wants to see more of the ancient city?
7. In chapter 12, what alternative does Viktoria suggest to Rose to her mission to find Dimitri or returning to St. Vlad's?
8. In chapter 7, why does Rose not tell the Belikovs right away who she is and why she has come to Siberia? Why does Rose partially change her mind later in the chapter?
9. In chapter 15, where does Rose decide she will go when she leaves Baia?
10. In chapter 1, why does Rose tell the reader she has been spending time in a Russian nightclub called the Nightingale?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)