|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 9, what does Karolina say she made Dimitri do over and over when they were children?
(a) Marry her dolls.
(b) Play a knight in shining armor.
(c) Eat worms.
(d) Make mud pies.
2. In chapter 5, what kind of car does Sydney buy for the drive to Baia?
(a) A Cadillac Escalade.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A 1972 Citroen.
(d) A 1971 Gremlin.
3. In chapter 13, who does Rose miss at church only to learn he is Muslim?
4. In chapter 2, who attacks Sydney as she approaches Rose in an alley?
(a) A Strigoi.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A dhampir.
(d) A Moroi.
5. In chapter 15, what makes Rose suddenly realize she does not belong in Baia?
(a) Her remembered promise to Dimitri.
(b) Viktoria's brush with heartbreak.
(c) Viktoria's anger and Abe's advice.
(d) Abe's insistence that she leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 6, who is Rose afraid she is about to face as she walks out to the barn?
2. In chapter 8, what does Sydney tell Rose Abe's interest is in her?
3. In chapter 15, who did Lissa want as her guardian in Rose's absence?
4. In chapter 3, with whom has Lissa made a deal in order to go to a bigger college than the typical Moroi schools?
5. In chapter 9, what does Rose tell those gathered at the memorial service Dimitri made her do the night of the Strigoi attack at St. Vlad's?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 8, what is the reaction of Dimitri's mother and sisters to the news that he has become Strigoi? Why is that their reaction?
2. In chapter 5, what secret hobby does Rose learn Sydney has? What might Sydney have done with this hobby is she had not been forced to become an Alchemist?
3. In chapter 3, what does Rose learn about Sydney's opinions of vampires? How does Rose feel about this?
4. In chapter 14, how does Rose come to the conclusion that Viktoria's Moroi boyfriend is not all he appears to be?
5. In chapter 8, Sydney warns Rose about Abe Mazur and later Rose meets Abe. What does Sydney tell Rose about Abe? What is Rose's immediate opinion of Abe?
6. In chapter 5, what does Lissa overhear between Avery and her father? What is the significance of this for Lissa?
7. In chapter 15, where does Rose decide she will go when she leaves Baia?
8. In chapter 6, what does Rose use in order to defeat Strigoi in an old barn?
9. In the prologue, how does Rose tell the reader Dimitri became a Strigoi?
10. In chapter 11, what conflict does Rose witness between Lissa and Christian that begins to make her wonder if something might be going on with Lissa that she is not aware of?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)