|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, who attacks Sydney as she approaches Rose in an alley?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A dhampir.
(c) A Moroi.
(d) A Strigoi.
2. In chapter 3, who does Lissa believe has been sent to watch over her at St. Vladimir's Academy?
(a) Christian Ozera.
(b) Rose Hathaway.
(c) Adrian Ivashkov.
(d) Avery Lazar.
3. In chapter 5, what kind of charm does Rose remind the reader Victor Dashkov placed Rose and Dimitri under the night he kidnapped Lissa?
(a) A healing charm.
(b) A lust charm.
(c) An anger charm.
(d) A memory loss charm.
4. In chapter 7, where does Viktoria tell Rose works now that she is pregnant?
(a) A bar that caters to Moroi.
(b) A drugstore.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A post office.
5. In chapter 3, what mode of transportation do Rose and Sydney use to travel to the dhampir village in Siberia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Dimitri have?
2. In chapter 12, who does Rose suggest should be the only source of blood for Moroi?
3. In chapter 12, where is Viktoria planning to go after the Easter holiday?
4. What type of literature did Rose have to analyze in ninth grade that she mentions in the prologue?
5. In chapter 11, what does Adrian try to do at St. Vlad's in order to teach Lissa more about spirit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 4, who visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose?
2. In chapter 7, why does Rose not tell the Belikovs right away who she is and why she has come to Siberia? Why does Rose partially change her mind later in the chapter?
3. In chapter 1, why does Rose tell the reader she has been spending time in a Russian nightclub called the Nightingale?
4. In chapter 14, who offers to break up Rolan and Viktoria on the condition that Rose leave Baia?
5. In chapter 17, how does Rose find herself on the streets of Novosibirsk alone? Who confronts Rose?
6. In chapter 11, what dilemma does Rose find herself struggling with? For what reason?
7. In chapter 8, what is the reaction of Dimitri's mother and sisters to the news that he has become Strigoi? Why is that their reaction?
8. In chapter 2, who does Sydney tell Rose she is? When might Rose have learned about Sydney and her group if she had remained at St. Vlad's?
9. In chapter 1, who begins to follow Rose as she makes her way back to her hotel from the Nightingale?
10. In chapter 12, what alternative does Viktoria suggest to Rose to her mission to find Dimitri or returning to St. Vlad's?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)