|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, when Dimitri comes into the room, what does Rose notice is the same about him?
(a) His voice.
(b) His affection for her.
(c) His skin.
(d) His eyes.
2. In chapter 26, why can Rose not avoid the maze of Galina's garden?
(a) It is the only path familiar to her.
(b) It contains water that she desperately needs for her escape.
(c) It circles the entire house.
(d) It is the only way to the road.
3. In chapter 28, how does Lissa finally disable Reed?
(a) She kicks him in the knee.
(b) She knocks him over with a chair.
(c) She pushes him out of her way.
(d) She punches him.
4. In chapter 29, who is the first person Rose visits on campus at St. Vlad's?
5. In chapter 25, what injury does Rose suffer when she leaves the house?
(a) A cut on her neck.
(b) A bump on the head.
(c) A sprained ankle.
(d) A broken wrist.
6. In chapter 29, why is Rose signed into St. Vlad's as a guest?
(a) She has already graduated.
(b) She is considered an adult and therefore no longer able to attend classes.
(c) She withdrew from the school.
(d) She has been suspended for leaving again.
7. In chapter 24, how does Rose think the chair leg became loosened after her many attempts to break it before?
(a) Dimitri threw it.
(b) Her continued attempts to break it.
(c) Nathan threw it.
(d) She loosened it, but simply did not notice.
8. In chapter 25, what does Rose do to the keypad on the opposite side of the first door leading from her room?
(b) She kicks it to disable it.
(c) She jams it with a splinter.
(d) She jams it with a butter knife.
9. In chapter 29, how does Adrian tell Rose that Reed was killed?
(a) Fell from a window.
(b) Intentionally by Avery so she could bring him back and bond with him.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Suicide attempt.
10. In chapter 23, what does Dimitri tell Rose is more intense about kissing her now that he is Strigoi?
(a) The feel of it.
(b) The level of excitment involved.
(c) The emotion involved.
(d) Her smell and the taste of her.
11. In chapter 19, why does Rose initially refuse to eat?
(a) She wants to starve herself to death.
(b) She is afraid the food is poisoned.
(c) She wants to make Dimitri release her out of pity.
(d) She does not like Strigoi food.
12. In chapter 22, how does Christian react to the news that Lissa kissed Aaron?
(a) He sees Lissa's decision not to tell him as a lie.
(b) He is not bothered by it.
(c) He is heart broken and begs Lissa not to leave him.
(d) He is happy to finally be free of Lissa.
13. In chapter 22, why does Dimitri blame Rose for Nathan's attack on her?
(a) She refuses to turn Strigoi.
(b) She should have told him about Lissa.
(c) She acted too impulsively.
(d) She invited the attack.
14. In chapter 21, where does Dimitri reveal that he has placed Rose's stake?
(a) Galina's room.
(b) His room.
(c) The vault.
(d) The library.
15. Who did Deidre counsel in a previous book in this series, as Rose mentions in chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 24, what does Rose's dress now symbolize to her?
2. In chapter 24, how does Rose distract Dimitri when he comes to learn her decision about turning Strigoi?
3. In chapter 26, why does Dimitri promise he will not kill Rose if she gives herself up?
4. In chapter 29, what does Abe give Rose before she boards her plane?
5. In chapter 24, who does Rose force to tell her the code for the doors?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)