|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 10, who wakes Rose early in the morning?
2. How many sisters does Dimitri have?
3. In chapter 8, what role does Sydney believe Abe plays in the Alchemist organization?
(a) He chooses who becomes an Alchemist.
(b) He controls the Alchemists in Russia.
(c) He assigns regions to Alchemists.
(d) He helps create the tattoos.
4. In chapter 9, what does Rose tell those gathered at the memorial service Dimitri made her do the night of the Strigoi attack at St. Vlad's?
(a) Run and hide.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Fight beside him.
(d) Run to warn the others.
5. In chapter 17, why does Rose not stake Dimitri when given the chance?
(a) She simply cannot do it.
(b) She wants to capture him.
(c) She wants him to turn her into a Strigoi.
(d) She hesitates when she recognizes him.
6. In chapter 17, why does Adrian warn Lissa to take it easy with the alcohol?
(a) It could become gossip that will hurt her later.
(b) It could make her sick.
(c) It could hurt her ability to control spirit.
(d) It could cause her to do something dangerous.
7. In chapter 14, what does Rose believe Dimitri would have done if he were in her situation with Viktoria?
(a) Leave her to her own devices.
(b) Run into the building and drag her out.
(c) Accept it as inevitable.
(d) Pay someone to beat Rolan up.
8. What is a Strigoi, as described in the prologue?
(a) Half vampire, half human.
(b) A dead, soul-less vampire.
(c) A living vampire.
(d) A human who knows about vampires.
9. In chapter 6, who is Rose afraid she is about to face as she walks out to the barn?
(d) A random Strigoi.
10. In chapter 3, what is Rose's biggest fear about confronting Dimitri?
(a) Whether she will be able to kill him.
(b) Whether he will remember her.
(c) Whether he will try to kill her.
(d) Whether she will recognize him.
11. In chapter 2, who attacks Sydney as she approaches Rose in an alley?
(a) A Moroi.
(b) A dhampir.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A Strigoi.
12. In chapter 12, why does Mark tell Rose that the ghosts fought for her against the Strigoi?
(a) They are compassionate souls.
(b) They care about Rose.
(c) They are the spirits of dead guardians.
(d) They hate Strigoi because they are unnatural.
13. In chapter 14, who is Rolan?
(a) Viktoria's cousin.
(b) Viktoria's Moroi boyfriend.
(c) A friend of Viktoria's brother.
(d) A friend of Viktoria's dhampir boyfriend.
14. In chapter 6, in Rose's memory of caring for a cut on Dimitri's cheek, where does she tell the reader Dimitri got the injury?
(a) During guardian testing.
(b) During a fight with a rose bush.
(c) From an angry lover.
(d) From a fight with Rose.
15. In chapter 2, what does Sydney say her tattoo is made of?
(a) Gold and charmed Moroi blood.
(b) Silver and dirt from Transylvania.
(c) Gold and dirt from Transylvania.
(d) Silver and charmed Moroi blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 4, what nickname did Rose often call Dimitri that now fills her with nostalgia and grief?
2. In chapter 13, where does Denis invite Rose to go?
3. At the beginning of chapter 1, how does Rose say she knows the person following her is not Strigoi?
4. In chapter 6, what wakes Rose in the middle of the night?
5. In chapter 8, what does Sydney tell Rose Abe's interest is in her?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)