|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, what is Rose's biggest fear about confronting Dimitri?
(a) Whether he will remember her.
(b) Whether she will recognize him.
(c) Whether he will try to kill her.
(d) Whether she will be able to kill him.
2. In chapter 7, where does Viktoria tell Rose works now that she is pregnant?
(a) A bar that caters to Moroi.
(b) A post office.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A drugstore.
3. In chapter 8, what role does Sydney believe Abe plays in the Alchemist organization?
(a) He chooses who becomes an Alchemist.
(b) He controls the Alchemists in Russia.
(c) He helps create the tattoos.
(d) He assigns regions to Alchemists.
4. In chapter 16, where do Rose, Denis, and the other unpromised dhampirs go to search for Strigoi?
(a) Moroi restaurants.
(b) The busy streets.
(d) Dark alleys.
5. In chapter 9, what does Rose drink at the memorial service?
(d) Fruit punch.
6. In chapter 13, what argument does Denis give for not becoming a guardian?
(a) That dhampirs are too weak to fight Strigoi.
(b) That dhampirs should not have to give up their independence for Moroi.
(c) That dhampirs should be protecting their own families, not Moroi.
(d) The pay is too low.
7. In chapter 11, what kind of metal can be charmed by spirit?
8. In chapter 12, where is Viktoria planning to go after the Easter holiday?
(a) To work in the city.
(b) To college.
(c) To vocational school.
(d) Back to school.
9. In chapter 13, what does Denis notice that Rose is missing from the tattoos on her neck?
(a) A promise mark.
(b) Molnija marks.
(c) A battle mark.
(d) Her initials.
10. What type of literature did Rose have to analyze in ninth grade that she mentions in the prologue?
(a) A novel.
(b) A Haiku.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short story.
11. In chapter 6, in Rose's memory of caring for a cut on Dimitri's cheek, where does she tell the reader Dimitri got the injury?
(a) During guardian testing.
(b) During a fight with a rose bush.
(c) From a fight with Rose.
(d) From an angry lover.
12. What does Rose say that Moroi do with their mouths in order to hide their fangs?
(b) A hand in front of their faces.
(c) A funny way of holding their lips.
(d) The men often grow bushy mustaches.
13. In chapter 16, what shocks Rose the most when she finds a Strigoi who knows Dimitri?
(a) The idea of Dimitri holding on to memories of his life as a dhampir.
(b) The idea of Dimitri making friends as a Strigoi.
(c) The idea of Dimitri with another lover.
(d) The idea of Dimitri killing innocents.
14. In chapter 9, what does Karolina say she made Dimitri do over and over when they were children?
(a) Play a knight in shining armor.
(b) Make mud pies.
(c) Eat worms.
(d) Marry her dolls.
15. In chapter 13, where does Denis invite Rose to go?
(a) To Novosibirsk to kill Strigoi.
(b) To Novosibirsk to attend school.
(c) To St. Petersburg to kill Strigoi.
(d) To St. Petersburg to talk with some of his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 2, what does Rose eat from Sydney's plate that makes Sydney upset when she returns from making a call?
2. In chapter 17, why does Rose not stake Dimitri when given the chance?
3. In chapter 4, what is Rose dreaming about when Adrian interrupts her dream?
4. In the prologue, what does Rose say her relationship is with Dimitri before the opening of this book?
5. What is a Strigoi, as described in the prologue?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)