|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of literature did Rose have to analyze in ninth grade that she mentions in the prologue?
(a) A novel.
(b) A short story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A Haiku.
2. In chapter 5, what kind of charm does Rose remind the reader Victor Dashkov placed Rose and Dimitri under the night he kidnapped Lissa?
(a) An anger charm.
(b) A healing charm.
(c) A memory loss charm.
(d) A lust charm.
3. How many sisters does Dimitri have?
4. In chapter 11, what item does Mark give to Rose?
(a) A ring.
(b) A headband.
(c) A bracelet.
5. In chapter 17, why does Rose not stake Dimitri when given the chance?
(a) She wants him to turn her into a Strigoi.
(b) She wants to capture him.
(c) She simply cannot do it.
(d) She hesitates when she recognizes him.
6. In chapter 6, what wakes Rose in the middle of the night?
(b) A bad dream.
(c) A headache.
7. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
8. In chapter 12, what does Olena tell Rose was Dimitri's favorite snack?
(a) Fruit salad.
(b) Black beans.
(d) Black bread.
9. In chapter 15, what does Lissa notice about Reed on the flight to Court?
(a) He is angry and hostile.
(b) He seems too interested in Jill.
(c) He seems afraid of Avery.
(d) He has a crush on her.
10. In chapter 13, what do Rose and Dimitri make in a memory she has of him during church services?
(a) Mud pies.
(b) Snow angels.
(d) A snow man.
11. In chapter 8, why do so many Moroi not trust Christian and the rest of the Ozera family?
(a) His parents chose to live with humans.
(b) His parents became Strigoi against their will.
(c) His parents turned Strigoi willingly.
(d) His parents killed the former queen.
12. In chapter 6, in Rose's memory of caring for a cut on Dimitri's cheek, where does she tell the reader Dimitri got the injury?
(a) From a fight with Rose.
(b) From an angry lover.
(c) During a fight with a rose bush.
(d) During guardian testing.
13. In chapter 8, what role does Sydney believe Abe plays in the Alchemist organization?
(a) He chooses who becomes an Alchemist.
(b) He controls the Alchemists in Russia.
(c) He assigns regions to Alchemists.
(d) He helps create the tattoos.
14. In chapter 3, what is Rose's biggest fear about confronting Dimitri?
(a) Whether she will be able to kill him.
(b) Whether he will remember her.
(c) Whether he will try to kill her.
(d) Whether she will recognize him.
15. In chapter 9, for what reason does Rose tell Abe she came to Russia?
(a) To find Dimitri.
(b) To escape trouble at school.
(c) To tell the Belikovs about Dimitri.
(d) To see the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 7, where does Viktoria tell Rose works now that she is pregnant?
2. In chapter 3, what are the conditions of Sydney helping Rose find Dimitri's home village?
3. In chapter 4, what is Rose dreaming about when Adrian interrupts her dream?
4. In chapter 14, what does Rose find amusing about Abe's mode of dress?
5. In chapter 11, what kind of metal can be charmed by spirit?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)