|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, what do Rose and Dimitri make in a memory she has of him during church services?
(a) Snow angels.
(b) Mud pies.
(c) A snow man.
2. What type of literature did Rose have to analyze in ninth grade that she mentions in the prologue?
(a) A poem.
(b) A Haiku.
(c) A short story.
(d) A novel.
3. In chapter 17, who comes to Lissa's defense against Jill and Adrian after she kisses Aaron?
4. In chapter 10, what does Avery begin to encourage Lissa to do despite her own reluctance?
(a) Break rules.
(c) Do drugs.
(d) Act more impulsively.
5. In chapter 17, what does Rose discover is the unpromised dhampirs worst enemy in fights with Strigoi?
(a) Their lack of common sense.
(b) Their lack of training.
(c) Their own inability to work together.
(d) Their own recklessness.
6. In chapter 11, what kind of metal can be charmed by spirit?
7. In chapter 14, who is Rolan?
(a) A friend of Viktoria's brother.
(b) Viktoria's cousin.
(c) Viktoria's Moroi boyfriend.
(d) A friend of Viktoria's dhampir boyfriend.
8. In chapter 13, what does Denis notice that Rose is missing from the tattoos on her neck?
(a) A battle mark.
(b) Molnija marks.
(c) A promise mark.
(d) Her initials.
9. In chapter 8, what is Sydney surprised to learn about Rose and her kind?
(a) That they value family.
(b) That they can go out in sunlight.
(c) That they feel love and grief.
(d) That they eat normal food.
10. What does Rose say that Moroi do with their mouths in order to hide their fangs?
(a) A funny way of holding their lips.
(b) A hand in front of their faces.
(c) The men often grow bushy mustaches.
11. In chapter 12, what does Olena tell Rose was Dimitri's favorite snack?
(a) Black beans.
(c) Black bread.
(d) Fruit salad.
12. In chapter 10, what does Rose find herself carrying through the village?
(a) Casserole dishes.
(b) Heavy boxes.
(c) Gardening tools.
(d) Strigoi artifacts.
13. In chapter 16, where does Rose live while in the city?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) The apartment of another unpromised dhampir.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In a hotel.
14. In chapter 11, what has Sydney named the car she bought with Rose's money?
(a) Yellow Submarine.
(b) Green Tornado.
(c) Red Hurricane.
(d) Blue Bullet.
15. In chapter 15, what does Viktoria claim Rose does not understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 4, what does Adrian tell Rose about Alchemists?
2. In chapter 14, what does Rose find amusing about Abe's mode of dress?
3. In chapter 16, what is the main topic of conversation among Denis' friends on the trip to the city?
4. In chapter 15, who asks Lissa why she did not volunteer to go with Rose on her trip abroad?
5. In chapter 3, what mode of transportation do Rose and Sydney use to travel to the dhampir village in Siberia?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)