|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Marez family members excited to leave for El Puerto?
2. What is the coroner's ruling of Narcisco's death?
3. What does Antonio do when Florence's body was pulled to the shore?
4. What does Antonio do after Florence confessed his sin?
5. Where os Christ on Easter Sunday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many symbols in Bless Me ,Ultima. Name some of these symbols and what each represents. What would happen if the novel did not contain these symbols? Do some of these symbols have more than one meaning? If so, what are they?
Essay Topic 2
Bless Me, Ultima is set during World War II. Antonio's brothers are off fighting against the Germans and Japanese forces. How does this time period influence the story? If you could rewrite the novel, what time period would you place the story? Explain your reason.
Essay Topic 3
Rudolfo Anaya, the author, believes the supernatural and ordinary reality exist side by side. What are some examples of the supernatural in the novel? What are examples of ordinary reality in the novel? Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain why or why not.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)