|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children want Antonio to?
(a) Force him to be the first in the confessional line.
(b) Force him to kiss the small crucifix.
(c) Force him to attend the Stations of the Cross.
(d) Force him to hear other's confession.
2. Why is Tenorio seeking revenge from Ultima in Chapter 14?
(a) He lost his eye.
(b) Ultima placed a curse on another daughter.
(c) Another daughter is taken ill.
(d) His daughter was not properly buried.
3. What question does Antonio have about God?
(a) Will God take Narcisco up to heaven?
(b) Will God bring his brothers back home?
(c) Will God punish Tenorio?
(d) Will la Virgen de Guadalupe return?
4. What are the holiest robes?
(a) Father Byrnes priest vestments.
(b) Narcisco and Lupito's burial shroud.
(c) Virgen's blue robe and the cloth with the face of Christ.
(d) Ultima's shawl and Antonio's mother's smock.
5. What does Antonio accuse Pedro of doing to Ultima?
(a) Allow his sisters a ride in his truck.
(b) Allow Maria to marry Gabriel.
(c) Allow Tenorio to pass judgment.
(d) Allow Narcisco to leave El Puerto.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the first day of eternity?
2. Why does Antonio believe God comes in cycles?
3. Who is ruled by the phases of the moon?
4. Who drives to Guadalupe to warn Ultima that Tenorio was coming to get her?
5. What three individuals does Antonio dream about in Chapter 22?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)