|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ultima tell the men to make to ward off the evil curse?
(a) Juniper branches next to a damp casket.
(b) A four posted platform made of cedar to burn.
(c) A juniper platform to put a dead body.
(d) Yerba de la vivora brush laced with herbs.
2. What is a scapular?
(a) A small hoe.
(b) A kitchen utensil.
(c) A fish that swims upstream with the golden carp.
(d) A small pouch with the pciture of the Virgin or St. Joseph.
3. What does Antonio tell Tenorio will happen if he harms Ultima?
(a) His daughter will die.
(b) He will be cursed by brujas.
(c) He will suffer nightmares.
(d) The owl will gouge his other eye.
4. What does Ultima believe would do Antonio much good after seeing much death?
(a) Visit his brothers.
(b) Watch the moon journey from east to west.
(c) Find the golden carp.
(d) See growing life.
5. What does Antonio do after Florence confessed his sin?
(a) Absolve him from his sin.
(b) Punish him through Indian torture.
(c) Punish him by making him run laps.
(d) Force him to wear the priestly costume.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Antonio make his First Communion?
2. What is Narcisco trying to tell Andrew?
3. Who is the man who saw la Virgen de Guadalupe?
4. What does Antonio wonder after Andrew leaves with his brothers for Santa Fe in Chapter 15?
5. What does Antonio dream about after visiting Aqua Negra?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)