|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tenorio seeking revenge from Ultima in Chapter 14?
(a) Ultima placed a curse on another daughter.
(b) Another daughter is taken ill.
(c) His daughter was not properly buried.
(d) He lost his eye.
2. What does Antonio wonder after Andrew leaves with his brothers for Santa Fe in Chapter 15?
(a) Andrew needed money.
(b) Andrew was fired from his job at Allen's Market.
(c) Andrew broke up with his girlfriend.
(d) The death of Narcisco influenced Andrew's decision.
3. Where os Christ on Easter Sunday?
(a) In the church bells.
(b) In the burning incense.
(c) In the lighted candles.
(d) In the chalice.
4. Why are the Marez family members excited to leave for El Puerto?
(a) It was the first time their father came with them.
(b) It was the first time they would see Lucas.
(c) It was the first time Ultima had journeyed with them.
(d) It was Antonio's first trip since meeting the golden carp.
5. Why do old people refuse to let their children speak English?
(a) They don't accept the new language.
(b) They were not educated.
(c) The slang was too difficult to understand.
(d) They couldn't understand what their children were saying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts to fall from the roof outside of Tellez home?
2. Who says, "the blood of a man thickens with the desire for revenge."?
3. What do the children want Antonio to?
4. What does Antonio accuse Pedro of doing to Ultima?
5. What are the school children told to do with the Host?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)