|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Father Byrnes do to Bones?
(a) Made him kneel on the splintered pew.
(b) Mde him stand with his arms outspread.
(c) Made him clean the rectory.
(d) Slapped his palms with a flatboard.
2. What does the priest do when Tenorio arrives with his daughter's funeral procession?
(a) Bar the entrance.
(b) Offer a holy scapular.
(c) Make a sign of the cross.
(d) Unlock the campo santo.
3. What are mortal sins?
(a) Grave sins such as murder.
(b) Small sins such as lying.
(c) Sins against the church.
(d) Sins committed to Purgatory.
4. What happened to Florence's mother?
(a) She left town.
(b) She died when he was three.
(c) She drank too much whiskey.
(d) She married another man.
5. Why does Antonio believe God comes in cycles?
(a) God comes and goes at various times in life.
(b) God moves like the ocean waves.
(c) God moves like the moon's orbit.
(d) God can change the seasons.
6. What does Antonio kiss?
(a) Father Byrnes hands.
(b) Jesus' feet on a small crucifix.
(c) Rosary beads.
(d) Confessional wood.
7. Who shoots Tenorio?
(d) The sheriff.
8. What does Tellez tell Gabriel about the time he ran into Tenorio in an El Puerto saloon?
(a) Tenorio planned to kidnap Antonio.
(b) Tenorio sought revenge for la Grande.
(c) Tenorio planned to seek revenge for Gabriel.
(d) Tenorio said insulting things to Tellez.
9. Who is with Narcisco when he takes his last breath?
10. What does Antonio do after Florence confessed his sin?
(a) Absolve him from his sin.
(b) Force him to wear the priestly costume.
(c) Punish him by making him run laps.
(d) Punish him through Indian torture.
11. Where will Antonio be spending his upcoming summer.
(a) With Ultima walking the river.
(b) With his brothers in Santa Fe.
(c) With his father in the highway department.
(d) With the Luna brothers in El Puerto.
12. Why is Tenorio rageful and threatening to harm Ultima?
(a) His dead daughter was not properly buried.
(b) He does not have a job.
(c) He's having vision problems.
(d) His second daughter is dying.
13. Why is Tenorio seeking revenge from Ultima in Chapter 14?
(a) Another daughter is taken ill.
(b) He lost his eye.
(c) Ultima placed a curse on another daughter.
(d) His daughter was not properly buried.
14. What happens to Horse during the Stations of the Cross?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He hiccups
(c) He vomits
(d) He screams
15. What does Antonio do every Saturday since Easter?
(a) Receive communion.
(b) Seek the golden carp.
(c) Pray the rosary.
(d) Go to confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio accuse Pedro of doing to Ultima?
2. What is the test to determine if someone was a witch?
3. What does Ultima's owl do to Tenorio?
4. What does Antonio wonder after Andrew leaves with his brothers for Santa Fe in Chapter 15?
5. What does Antonio see in his nightmares in Chapter 16?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)