|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lupito kill the town sheriff?
(a) Lupito is a Japanese soldier.
(b) He is a drunken war veteran.
(c) The sheriff had been chasing Lupito.
(d) Lupito was previously jailed by the sheriff.
2. What time of the year do Antonio and Ultima roam the countryside looking for herbs?
(a) Early summer.
(b) Early fall.
(c) Late summer.
(d) Late spring.
3. What is the significance of the color black the women wore in Chapter 3?
(a) Black represents the particular parish one attended Mass.
(b) Black represents the color of mourning for sons lost in the war.
(c) Black represents the number of children in your family.
(d) Black represents the day of the week.
4. What does Ultima understand to be Antonio's dilemma in Chapter 4?
(a) Antonio must tell a priest he witnessed a murder.
(b) Antonio must leave Guadalupe and venture west to California.
(c) Antonio must leave for war and join his brothers.
(d) Antonio must decides whether to be his father's son or his mother's priest.
5. Why is the blood of spring called bad blood?
(a) It causes the blood of winter to clot.
(b) It causes an equinox.
(c) It causes the animals to grow restless.
(d) It raises the dark insides restless where it laid all winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio's father attempt to do when the crowd of men finally find Lupito?
2. What makes Antonio sick to his stomach in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Antonio's father believe fuels his mother's desire for Antonio becoming a priest?
4. Why does the Marez family refer to Ultima as la Grande?
5. What is Antonio driven to accomplish at school?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)