|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Antonio the war is over?
(b) Antonio's mother.
(c) Miss Maestas.
2. What does Antonio tell Miss Maestas the first day of school?
(a) He can tie his shoes.
(b) He can't speak English.
(c) He can read Spanish.
(d) He can pray the rosary.
3. Which brother is considered most like Antonio's mother?
4. Why does Antonio's mother agree to bring la Grande Ultima into her home?
(a) La grande Ultima helped Antonio's mother raise her family when they lived on the llano.
(b) La Grande Ultima is the Marez grandmother.
(c) La Grande Ultima pays to live with the Marez family.
(d) Antonio's mother was told by villagers she must bring la Grande Ultima into her home.
5. In Chapter 2, who says to Antonio, "Bless me."
(c) Antonio's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lupito kill the town sheriff?
2. When Miss Maestas brings Antonio to the front of the classroom, what do the other school children do?
3. What does the owl do when Antonio and Ultima walk together along the river?
4. What career choices do Antonio's brothers believe they are limited to?
5. What is the significance of the chipped plaster on the Virgin's statue?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)