|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Narcisco plant his garden by the light of the moon?
(a) He waits until the bad blood of spring washes away.
(b) The sun is too hot during the day.
(c) He waits until the farmers return from llano.
(d) He waits for the moonlight to sow his seeds.
2. What does Antonio tell Tenorio will happen if he harms Ultima?
(a) The owl will gouge his other eye.
(b) He will suffer nightmares.
(c) His daughter will die.
(d) He will be cursed by brujas.
3. Where does Andrew write in his letter that his brothers would meet?
(b) Santos Estevan.
(c) El Puerto.
(d) San Diego.
4. What is special about the homes in El Puerto?
(a) Each has an apple orchard.
(b) Each faces the river.
(c) Each has a driveway.
(d) Each has a small flower garden in the front.
5. What career choices do Antonio's brothers believe they are limited to?
(a) Living on the llano or working in Guadalupe.
(b) Moving to El Puerto to work with their uncles.
(c) Moving to California or working on the highway.
(d) Becoming a priest or going to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antonio's mother doing while cooking for his brothers?
2. In Chapter 2, who says to Antonio, "Bless me."
3. Why are Deborah and Theresa happy that Ultima came to live with them?
4. How often does Antonio see his brothers once they returned from war?
5. Which of Antonio's brothers decides to stay with the Marez family?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)