|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antonio driven to accomplish at school?
(a) Sitting in the front of the classroom.
(b) Learning to speak English.
(c) Understanding reading and writing.
(d) Playing ball with his friends.
2. Why is Antonio's grandfather's house special?
(a) It has the largest apple orchard.
(b) It is the smallest one in the village.
(c) It is the biggest one in the village.
(d) It is the only home with a front garden.
3. What do the Luna brothers ask Antonio's parents before they leave El Puerto?
(a) Antonio and Ultima could help their father.
(b) Antonio's mother could stay through winter.
(c) Ultima stay to watch over Lucas.
(d) Antonio spend a summer working the land.
4. What career choices do Antonio's brothers believe they are limited to?
(a) Moving to El Puerto to work with their uncles.
(b) Living on the llano or working in Guadalupe.
(c) Moving to California or working on the highway.
(d) Becoming a priest or going to school.
5. Why does Antonio's mother dream of Antonio becoming a priest?
(a) Her Luna kinsman, a priest, was the first man to settle El Puerto colony.
(b) Antonio would eventually enroll in catechism class.
(c) Priests ruled over a community of farmers.
(d) Antonio's mother knew one of his brothers would not become a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bridge the Marez family passes while journeying to El Puerto in Chapter 5?
2. Whose voice does Antonio wake to in Chapter 5?
3. What does Antonio believe will happen to the men on the bridge?
4. Who gave Ultima her powers?
5. What question does Antonio have about God?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)