|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio's brother, Gene, pull away from the family when asked about the war?
(a) He was considered a loner.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He needed fresh air.
(d) He could not hear.
2. What is the worst thing a disobedient child could fear from his/her parents?
(a) The silent treatment.
(b) A spanking.
(c) An irrevocable curse.
(d) A timeout.
3. What do the children want Antonio to?
(a) Force him to hear other's confession.
(b) Force him to kiss the small crucifix.
(c) Force him to attend the Stations of the Cross.
(d) Force him to be the first in the confessional line.
4. How did the war change Antonio's brothers?
(a) They had to live their own lives.
(b) They had to help Antonio's father with the farm.
(c) They had to marry.
(d) They had to go abck to school.
5. What is Narcisco trying to tell Andrew?
(a) Tell him that he should leave Rosie's house.
(b) Tell him that Antonio needing to be guided home.
(c) Warn his family that Tenorio is going to kill Ultima.
(d) Warn him that the snowstorm was getting worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ultima understand to be Antonio's dilemma in Chapter 4?
2. What happens to the river's water in Chapter 2?
3. What name does Pedro call Antonio?
4. Who gave Ultima her powers?
5. How often does Antonio see his brothers once they returned from war?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)