|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do old people refuse to let their children speak English?
(a) They don't accept the new language.
(b) The slang was too difficult to understand.
(c) They couldn't understand what their children were saying.
(d) They were not educated.
2. Why does Antonio's brother, Gene, pull away from the family when asked about the war?
(a) He was tired.
(b) He needed fresh air.
(c) He could not hear.
(d) He was considered a loner.
3. What does Antonio see in his nightmares in Chapter 16?
(a) Tenorio's dead daughter.
(b) The owl plucking Tenorio's other eye.
(c) Tenorio shooting Ultima.
(d) Ultima lying in a coffin.
4. What time of the year do Antonio and Ultima roam the countryside looking for herbs?
(a) Early fall.
(b) Late spring.
(c) Early summer.
(d) Late summer.
5. How often does Antonio see his brothers once they returned from war?
(a) Only midafternoon.
(b) Morning at breakfast.
(c) Two times a day.
(d) Once at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Antonio's father angry with his mother after he spends nights drinking with his friends?
2. How does Horse gain his nickname?
3. Who says, "Every man is delivered of a woman, and must be fulfilled by a woman?"
4. What is the significance of the chipped plaster on the Virgin's statue?
5. Why is the blood of spring called bad blood?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)