|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an object thrown by the Bedwetters to encourage the buffalo out of their pens?
2. How does Shecker celebrate the buffaloes release?
(a) By crying.
(b) By singing.
(c) By dancing.
(d) By praying.
3. Where do the Bedwetters rinse the blood off their clothes before climbing onto the catwalk?
(a) They do not rinse off the blood.
(b) At a nearby pond.
(c) In the field, using their water bottles.
(d) In the reserve bathrooms.
4. How were the Bedwetters treated by the rest of the camp after they successfully stole all five trophies?
(a) They were bullied more ruthlessly than before.
(b) There was no change in treatment.
(c) They were no longer bullied, but no one befriended them either.
(d) They were treated with great respect.
5. Which of the Bedwetters bonds most closely with the buffalo, speaking softly to them as they travel?
(a) Lally One.
(d) Lally Two.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Swarthout, how much does a buffalo weigh?
2. Which of the following participants did NOT shoot and kill a bull buffalo?
3. How did the Bedwetters mark the trophies to prove they had been stolen?
4. Why can't the Bedwetters push open the final fence?
5. At camp, how are the campers summoned to the mess hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Teft tell about his cousin and the piranha?
2. Who do the Bedwetters imagine seeing them as they drive toward the final fence?
3. Why weren't the Bedwetters given credit for their successful raid of the cabins?
4. What is the significance of Cotton's questions about sheep and shepherds after Teft's piranha story?
5. What happened to the Bedwetters' chamber pot at the end of the novel?
6. Why does Cotton cut his celebration of the buffaloes' freedom short?
7. How do the Bedwetters react when they see the state agents coming toward them in the pickup trucks and Jeep?
8. What is so surprising about the final fence the Bedwetters encounter at the south end of the buffalo reserve?
9. What is Teft's criminal past?
10. What is the moral in Teft's story about the piranha?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)