|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lally Two's imaginary friends?
(a) The Mooms.
(b) The Oohs.
(c) The Aahs.
(d) The Ooms.
2. Why does Cotton fear that the campers aren't ready for their quest?
(a) Because the boys have a tendency to bicker.
(b) Because the quest is dangerous.
(c) Because the boys are still very young.
(d) Cotton has no doubts. He knows the boys are ready for their quest.
3. When the Bedwetters are approached by two bullies who ask why the boys are awake so late, what does Shecker say?
(a) That they are old enough not to have a curfew.
(b) That they are a deadly gang of bank robbers.
(c) That they are traveling musicians.
(d) That they are boy scouts earning a new badge.
4. After Teft's outburst on the airplane, what unexpectedly silenced him?
(a) The view of the Arizona wilderness.
(b) The cries of a frightened stewardess.
(c) A swift slap across the face from his mother.
(d) The sound of the engine sputtering.
5. Which of the following campers is the leader of his cabin?
(a) Lally One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the Bedwetters steal a car from a motel, as they had originally planned to do?
2. When asked who is in favor of abandoning the plan, who is the only one to raise their hand?
3. What is the name of the Bedwetters' tyrannical camp counselor?
4. How does Cotton feel about the resolve of his gang after the second vote?
5. What is the name of the cabin Cotton and his friends belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lally Two often act like an infant, and how did that affect his position within camp life?
2. While driving into Arizona, what causes a lump to form in Cotton's throat?
3. How does Cotton feel when he hears the gang fighting and blaming each other for their plan's failure?
4. How does Cotton react to the final vote about whether or not the quest should end?
5. Why did Lally One throw a temper tantrum and kill the animals in camp?
6. Where did the boys finally find Lally Two?
7. What is the end result of Cotton's demand that the boys vote unanimously about whether or not they should continue their mission?
8. What is "the bump"?
9. Why does the Bedwetters' first choice of transportation out of camp fail?
10. What does Cotton dream about in the opening chapter of the novel?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)