|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Goodenow threaten to kill himself?
(a) He threatened to shoot himself.
(b) He threatened to hang himself.
(c) He threatened to drown himself.
(d) He threatened to swallow a bottle of pills.
2. Which of the following objects was an important object in Goodenow's suicide threat?
(a) A bucket of stones.
(b) A feather boa.
(c) A barrel.
(d) A key to the nurse's office.
3. Why don't the Bedwetters steal a car from a motel, as they had originally planned to do?
(a) Because no one knows how to properly steal a car.
(b) Because all the motels they visit have empty parking lots.
(c) Because there aren't any motels in their neighborhood.
(d) Because a late arriving guest blew their opportunity.
4. What religion does Shecker observe?
5. In what state is this novel set?
(a) South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Bedwetters jump-starts the old truck?
2. Why did Goodenow threaten to kill himself over the summer?
3. At the time of the quest, how far away is the end of summer?
4. Which of the following campers is the leader of his cabin?
5. How does Goodenow relieve his anxiety at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the end result of Cotton's demand that the boys vote unanimously about whether or not they should continue their mission?
2. After waking up from his dream, what does Cotton realize has happened in camp while he slept?
3. Who takes control, and how, when the bullies discover the boys are driving a stolen vehicle?
4. What type of car do the boys want to steal from the motel parking lot?
5. What does Cotton dream about in the opening chapter of the novel?
6. How does Cotton feel when he hears the gang fighting and blaming each other for their plan's failure?
7. Why does Lally Two often act like an infant, and how did that affect his position within camp life?
8. While driving into Arizona, what causes a lump to form in Cotton's throat?
9. What gruesome discovery do the boys make when they reach their destination?
10. How does Box Canyon Boys' Camp reward good behavior and hard work?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)