|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Cotton's body parts is injured while opening the final fence?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His fingertips.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His stomach.
2. Which of the Bedwetters claims that if kids have the opportunity to interact with buffalo, ""It'll be better for them than TV"?
(d) Lally Two.
3. How do the Bedwetters react to the sight of the buffalo slaughter?
(a) They are excited and ask to join in the killing.
(b) They are sickened into silence.
(c) They beg to return to camp.
(d) They are confused but apathetic.
4. According to Swarthout, how much does a buffalo weigh?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 3,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 2,500 pounds.
5. How does Cotton die?
(a) He crashes the truck.
(b) He does not die.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls onto the electric fence.
6. When they reach the final fence, how do the Bedwetters let out their nervousness and excitement?
(a) By singing.
(b) By hollering.
(c) By bumping.
(d) By laughing.
7. What is the name of the area where the buffalo will hopefully be released for good?
(a) Yogollon Rim.
(b) Pogollon Rim.
(c) Wogollon Rim.
(d) Mogollon Rim.
8. How did Wheaties feel about the foot race against the Apaches?
(a) He was disgusted.
(b) He was apathetic.
(c) He was intimidated.
(d) He was proud.
9. How did the Bedwetters mark the trophies to prove they had been stolen?
(a) They shot them.
(b) They signed their names.
(c) They painted them.
(d) They urinated on them.
10. How many buffalo were killed as the Bedwetters watched?
11. Which of the Bedwetters bonds most closely with the buffalo, speaking softly to them as they travel?
(a) Lally Two.
(b) Lally One.
12. When the Bedwetters recount the buffalo, how many calves have joined the herd?
13. What was the point of the buffalo hunt?
(a) To slaughter food for the villagers.
(b) There was no point.
(c) To raise money for the ranch.
(d) To cull the number of buffalo in a particular herd.
14. Which of the following participants did NOT shoot and kill a bull buffalo?
(a) A sixty-year-old doctor.
(b) An elderly woman in a wheelchair.
(c) A fourteen-year-old boy.
(d) A middle-aged woman with a telescopic rifle.
15. How long was the buffalo hunt scheduled to last?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Bedwetters assume the final fence will be made of?
2. What surprising discovery does Teft make about his truck after releasing the buffalo?
3. Which of the following is NOT an object thrown by the Bedwetters to encourage the buffalo out of their pens?
4. What method of lottery does Lally One suggest to determine which of them will climb onto the catwalk?
5. How fast are the Bedwetters driving as they reach the final fence?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)