|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the Bedwetters reach the final fence?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 6:00 am.
(c) 7:00 am.
(d) 8:00 am.
2. How high are the fences surrounding the buffalo pens?
(a) Ten feet.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Four feet.
(d) Eight feet.
3. Which of the following is NOT an object thrown by the Bedwetters to encourage the buffalo out of their pens?
4. When the Bedwetters recount the buffalo, how many calves have joined the herd?
5. How far away is the final fence to fully release the buffalo into the wild?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 1/2 a mile.
6. How quickly did the Apaches believe they could beat the Bedwetters in a foot race?
(a) By 15 minutes.
(b) By 30 minutes.
(c) By 45 minutes.
(d) By 60 minutes.
7. How do the Bedwetters feel about having to lead the buffalo to the fence, with only inches between them and the massive animals?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are excited.
8. How does Cotton die?
(a) He does not die.
(b) He falls onto the electric fence.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He crashes the truck.
9. How many trucks of rangers head toward the boys at the final fence?
10. How does Cotton hold the buffalo in position while he figures out how to tackle the fence?
(a) By shouting at them to "Stay put!"
(b) He doesn't - he lets the buffalo roam free.
(c) By honking the car horn.
(d) By spreading out the hay.
11. Which of the following participants did NOT shoot and kill a bull buffalo?
(a) A fourteen-year-old boy.
(b) A sixty-year-old doctor.
(c) An elderly woman in a wheelchair.
(d) A middle-aged woman with a telescopic rifle.
12. Which of Cotton's body parts is injured while opening the final fence?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His fingertips.
(d) His stomach.
13. Where did Teft's relative dump the piranha when it grew too big for his aquarium?
(a) In a lake.
(b) In a river.
(c) In a pond.
(d) In the ocean.
14. What was significant about the rifle the woman at the buffalo reserve was holding?
(a) It was the camp director's rifle.
(b) It was hand whittled.
(c) There was nothing significant about the rifle.
(d) It had a telescopic zoom.
15. What is the final chant of the Bedwetters at the close of the novel?
(a) "Little Boys Blue!"
(b) "Long live Cotton!"
(c) "Yay! Yay! Yay!"
(d) "Home on the range!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal can the Bedwetters hear in the distance on the night they set the buffalo free?
2. What does Lally Two believe the Ooms create?
3. How did Teft manage to live his life as a petty thief without going to jail?
4. Who took the Bedwetters to the buffalo reserve?
5. Who does Swarthout blame for the slaughter of the buffalo?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)