|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the boys sneak out of camp, what do they spot the camp director doing?
(a) Chatting on the telephone to his girlfriend.
(b) Smoking a cigarette.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Going to the bathroom in the woods.
2. How many feet in the air ways Teft's airplane flying when he was restrained?
3. What part of the bullies' car does Teft damage when he shoots the rifle at it?
(a) He misses the car completely.
(b) The window.
(c) The wheel.
(d) The side mirror.
4. What city does Cotton suggest they hitchhike back to to steal another car?
5. Where did Cotton first learn about "bumping"?
(a) At church.
(b) From a movie.
(c) At football practice.
(d) At school.
6. Where do the Bedwetters find the old truck they eventually steal?
(a) At a gas station.
(b) In someone's driveway.
(c) At a body shop.
(d) On the side of the road.
7. Which camper breaks and tells the bullies the truth - that they are from a boys camp and are on their way back to their campsite?
(b) Lally Two.
8. How old is Cotton at the beginning of the novel?
9. Which family member is Goodenow most close to?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
10. Which of Cotton's family members watches him die in his dream?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
11. Which of the following actions did Cotton perform after the botched Apache raid to show the rest of the boys that he was in charge?
(a) He shaved his chin.
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) He purchased a pair of dogtags from an army surplus store.
(d) He drank from a whiskey bottle.
12. When Cotton awakens from his dream, which of his fellow campers does he realize his missing?
(b) Lally One.
(c) Lally Two.
13. What causes a lump to form in Cotton's throat as they are driving through the wilderness at nighttime?
(a) Thinking about his parents back home.
(b) Accidentally running over a jackrabbit.
(c) Seeing the boys huddled together for warmth.
(d) Witnessing the beauty of the stars.
14. How many boys does Cotton share his cabin with?
15. What type of weapon does Teft pack for protection before leaving for the quest?
(a) A steak knife.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A heavy rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is this novel set?
2. What happens when Goodenow slips climbing over the fence?
3. Which of the following boys is considered to be the most stubborn?
4. Which of the following is NOT an animal the boys once kept as a pet in camp?
5. At the time of the quest, how far away is the end of summer?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)