|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 & 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the Bedwetters steal a car from the cocktail bar they visit?
(a) Because Cotton fears the car will be missed too quickly.
(b) Because Cotton chickens out.
(c) Because all the cars are equipped with alarms.
(d) Because the bartender spots them and calls the police.
2. After their inability to steal the car from the used car lot, who becomes the scapegoat for the Bedwetters' frustration?
(a) Lally Two.
(b) Lally One.
3. How old is Cotton at the beginning of the novel?
4. Which of the following actions did Cotton perform after the botched Apache raid to show the rest of the boys that he was in charge?
(a) He shaved his chin.
(b) He drank from a whiskey bottle.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) He purchased a pair of dogtags from an army surplus store.
5. What do the boys sleep with at night for comfort in their cabin?
(a) Stuffed bears.
(b) BB guns.
(d) Photographs of their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a lump to form in Cotton's throat as they are driving through the wilderness at nighttime?
2. In what state is this novel set?
3. Who does Goodenow view to be the biggest threat in his life?
4. What sin did Lally One commit, causing Cotton to scold him?
5. How does Cotton die in his dream?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)