Introduction | Chapter 1
• Japanese submarine I-403 is given a weapon to be used against the United Stated during WWII.
â€¢ An American destroyer sinks the I-403.
â€¢ In 2007, two meteorologists die under mysterious circumstances on the Aleutian Islands.
â€¢ Scientists from the Center for Disease Control, investigating strange sea lion deaths, choke and collapse.
Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
• Sarah, a CDC scientist, and two other scientists are rescued by Dirk Pitt and taken on board a NUMA ship.
• Dirk and Jack take a helicopter to investigate the island where Sarah was rescued, and their helicopter is fired upon and crashes into the ocean.
• A research vessel rescues Dirk and Jack.
Chapter 4 | Chapter 5
• In Japan, the U.S. ambassador and British ambassador to Japan are assassinated on a golf course.
• The NUMA research vessel returns to port and the three ailing scientists are sent to a hospital.
• Dirk, Sarah, and another scientist discuss the sea...
This section contains 1,584 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)