|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school was the first choice for Wright?
(d) William and Mary.
2. The stepfather was the first black to graduate from which prestigious school?
3. Where did the majority of Carver's work take place?
4. In which city did Wright receive this honor?
(a) New York.
(b) St. Louis.
5. Just dreamed of raising enough money to attend which school?
(a) Kentucky School for Negroes.
(c) Kimball Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wright developed a vaccine for which contagious disease?
2. Williams was bestowed with the title of Surgeon General for which state?
3. Although Wright was proficient in many areas, he is often recognized for his contributions in which area?
4. As a child Carver was ransomed in exchange for which of the following?
5. Which of the following scientists inspired Williams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Louis Tompkins Wright was a pioneer in many areas of medicine. List at least three of Wright's most significant contributions.
2. What degree did Drew receive from Columbia? What was the distinction of Drew's accomplishments? Why was the accomplishment unusual?
3. Julian shares a striking mental image about his family. Discuss the image and why it was important to the young man.
4. The author discusses Drew's career during World War II and his work with the American Red Cross. Discuss Drew's work and experiences with the Red Cross.
5. When and how did Charles Drew die? Who else was involved in the incident? Where did the incident take place?
6. In what area did Carver focus when teaching agriculture at the Tuskegee Institute?
7. Discuss Drew's study and experiments in the preservation of blood while he attended the Columbia School of Medicine.
8. Describe Carver's traumatic childhood.
9. During Ernest Everett Just's tenure at Howard University, he began to study egg cells. Discuss Just's work and where the work was performed. Also discuss at least one of Just's important discoveries.
10. What was one of Wright's biggest accomplishments in the medical field? When and where was the discovery made?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)