|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Williams hold at the University of Chicago?
(a) Dean of Surgical Operations.
(b) Educational consultant.
(c) Dispensary professor.
(d) Clinical instructor.
2. What word is most commonly used when discussing Just's writings?
3. What product is most commonly linked to Carver?
4. In what US city did Julian attend high school?
5. How old was Julian's grandmother when he left for college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Carver was known for his discoveries regarding which item?
2. Wright's father left medicine to pursue a career in which field?
3. As a child Carver was ransomed in exchange for which of the following?
4. Which important technique was introduced by Carver?
5. Which of the following scientists inspired Williams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Wright's relationship with his stepfather. Did the stepfather encourage Wright to go into medicine? Did Wright's father inspire the choice? What prestigious universities were attended by Penn and Ketcham?
2. Louis Tompkins Wright was a pioneer in many areas of medicine. List at least three of Wright's most significant contributions.
3. Percy Lavon Julian is responsible for introducing many products and making advancements in the process of manufacturing others. Discuss Julian's accomplishments in this area.
4. Describe the origin, family atmosphere and youth of the Daniel Hale Williams family.
5. George Washington Carver is a well known scientist that has made significant contributions to agriculture. Discuss Carver's field of study and contributions.
6. What did Carver say in reference to his advice to the farmers regarding peanut crops?
7. During Ernest Everett Just's tenure at Howard University, he began to study egg cells. Discuss Just's work and where the work was performed. Also discuss at least one of Just's important discoveries.
8. What degree did Drew receive from Columbia? What was the distinction of Drew's accomplishments? Why was the accomplishment unusual?
9. Discuss Drew's study and experiments in the preservation of blood while he attended the Columbia School of Medicine.
10. Describe Carver's traumatic childhood.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)