|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what US city did Julian attend high school?
2. Julian's grandfather was punished by his master for learning to write. What was the punishment?
(a) Cut out tongue.
(b) Scarred face.
(c) Cut off fingers.
(d) Near starvation.
3. How much time did Williams spend working with his brother?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. Hall showed that which of the following was often responsible for contaminating certain foods?
(a) Not washing the food.
(b) Sloppy preparation.
5. What was the name of the organization formed by Lloyd Hall?
(a) Agricultural Advancement Laboratories.
(b) Simpson College Synthetic Goods.
(c) Institute Of Food Technologists.
(d) Tuskegee Normal School.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which college sport did Drew excel?
2. What was the mother's profession?
3. What was the occupation of William's brother?
4. Which important technique was introduced by Carver?
5. What is the name of the hospital founded by WIlliams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver say in reference to his advice to the farmers regarding peanut crops?
2. Discuss Carver's first run in with racism in the educational system. What did Carver do to combat the issue?
3. Describe the origin, family atmosphere and youth of the Daniel Hale Williams family.
4. What was one of Wright's biggest accomplishments in the medical field? When and where was the discovery made?
5. Examine Julian's experience with prejudice in the work force. Where did the event take place? What did Julian do as a result?
6. When did Lloyd Hall become interested in chemistry? What organization did Hall form? What was Hall's motto?
7. Discuss at least three of Wright's affiliations in the medical community.
8. What were Hall's findings in regard to the preservation of certain foods? How did chemical compounds and spices affect Hall's work?
9. George Washington Carver is a well known scientist that has made significant contributions to agriculture. Discuss Carver's field of study and contributions.
10. Discuss Williams' affiliation with Provident Hospital in the US. What was special about the hospital? What major accomplishment was made while Williams was in residence?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)