|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wright was the first doctor to experiment with which of the following?
2. How many children were in the family of Charles Richard Drew?
3. What was the profession shared by Julian's two brothers?
4. What was the name of the university attended by Julian?
(a) Tuskegee Normal School.
(b) Highland University.
(c) DePauw University.
(d) Texas A & M.
5. What was Wright's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Drew became involved in what area of medicine?
2. Where was the school located?
3. Who contacted Carver to ask for help at a southern school?
4. What product is most commonly linked to Carver?
5. What was the chosen field of study for Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Drew's study and experiments in the preservation of blood while he attended the Columbia School of Medicine.
2. Describe the origin, family atmosphere and youth of the Daniel Hale Williams family.
3. Discuss the change in occupation for Williams. Who inspired the change? What were the man's credentials?
4. Discuss Carver's first run in with racism in the educational system. What did Carver do to combat the issue?
5. What was one of Wright's biggest accomplishments in the medical field? When and where was the discovery made?
6. How did Carver's methods help the farmer's in a monetary sense?
7. Discuss Williams' affiliation with Provident Hospital in the US. What was special about the hospital? What major accomplishment was made while Williams was in residence?
8. During Ernest Everett Just's tenure at Howard University, he began to study egg cells. Discuss Just's work and where the work was performed. Also discuss at least one of Just's important discoveries.
9. What degree did Drew receive from Columbia? What was the distinction of Drew's accomplishments? Why was the accomplishment unusual?
10. What were Hall's findings in regard to the preservation of certain foods? How did chemical compounds and spices affect Hall's work?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)