|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital founded by WIlliams?
(c) Williams' Surgical.
2. What was the name of the first item Carver found in this area?
3. What was the occupation of William's brother?
(b) Newspaper reporter.
4. In what year did Wright graduate?
5. What was the nickname given to Percy Julian?
(a) Soybean chemist.
(b) Potato king.
(c) Father of modern agriculture.
(d) Draftsman of the century.
6. Within the first week of his experiments, Carver learned that there were ______ products that could be made from peanuts.
7. In which city did Wright receive this honor?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
8. The stepfather was the first black to graduate from which prestigious school?
9. As a child Carver was ransomed in exchange for which of the following?
10. Just dreamed of raising enough money to attend which school?
(c) Kentucky School for Negroes.
(d) Kimball Academy.
11. Wright was the first doctor to experiment with which of the following?
12. Hall showed that which of the following was often responsible for contaminating certain foods?
(a) Sloppy preparation.
(b) Not washing the food.
13. Julian's grandfather was punished by his master for learning to write. What was the punishment?
(a) Cut off fingers.
(b) Cut out tongue.
(c) Scarred face.
(d) Near starvation.
14. How old was Julian's grandmother when he left for college?
15. Williams came across a patient that required what type of immediate surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wright eventually obtained medical licenses in how many states?
2. Which of the following was not among Julian's fields of study?
3. Wright developed a vaccine for which contagious disease?
4. In what year was Hall born?
5. What was Wright's middle name?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)