|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who contacted Carver to ask for help at a southern school?
2. What was the mother's profession?
(a) Tour guide.
(c) Event planner.
3. Hall attended which university?
(a) Iowa State Agricultural College.
(b) DePauw University.
(c) Northwestern University.
(d) Notre Dame.
4. Where was Ernest Everett Just born?
5. What was the name of WIlliams' archenemy?
6. Julian's grandfather was punished by his master for learning to write. What was the punishment?
(a) Scarred face.
(b) Near starvation.
(c) Cut off fingers.
(d) Cut out tongue.
7. What was the father's occupation?
(a) Carpet layer.
(c) Construction worker.
8. What was the occupation of William's brother?
(c) Newspaper reporter.
9. Which company turned Julian away when the executives realized Julian was black?
(a) Glidden Company.
(b) Institute of Paper Chemistry.
(c) Ford Motor Company.
10. Which organization is not most commonly related to Williams?
(a) American College of Surgeons.
(b) National Medical Association.
(c) Negro Nurses Training Program.
(d) American Medican Association.
11. What was the name of the school?
(a) Tuskegee Normal and Industrial Institute.
(b) Simpson College.
(c) Highland University.
(d) Howard University.
12. From which university did Drew receive a Doctor of Science degree?
(a) New York University.
13. What was Wright's middle name?
14. Carver created a product for which famous entrepreneur?
15. Wright's father went to which university?
(a) Harry Medical College.
(c) University of Chicago.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. The university was located in which state?
2. Wright developed a vaccine for which contagious disease?
3. Where did the majority of Carver's work take place?
4. Hall went to work in which city's Department of Health?
5. Julian was amazed to learn that his grandmother had picked _____ pounds of cotton in a single day.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)