|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state was George Latimer born?
2. How old was Banneker when he was introduced to a new religion?
3. In what year did Edison invent the electric light?
4. How old was Lewis hen his father left?
5. To which state did Woods move?
6. In which state did the family settle when they came to the United States?
7. What is the name of the company that hired McCoy?
(a) Michigan Central Railroad.
(b) General Electric.
(c) New York Municipal Transportation Authority.
(d) US Electrical
8. What revolutionary invention was used to make the crops grow?
(b) Irrigation canals.
(d) Mechanical hoe.
9. The company specialized in which area?
(a) Small engine parts.
(b) Electrical accessories.
(d) Sewing machines.
10. Which company hired Latimer upon his return from war?
(a) George and Cutler.
(b) Wright and Woods.
(c) Crosby and Gould.
(d) Garrison and Douglass.
11. What did Rillieux's father do for a living?
(c) Bible salesman.
12. Which item was not invented by McCoy?
(a) Lubricating cup.
(c) Lawn sprinkler.
(d) Ironing board.
13. In what year was Benjamin Banneker born?
14. Which inventor was most often compared to Thomas Edison?
15. How many patents were held by McCoy?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which disease did Matzeliger die at age 37?
2. One of the books was written by which famous author?
3. Woods' first patent was for which item?
4. What word is used in reference to McCoy's fascination with mechanical objects?
5. In which US city did Rillieux live?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)