|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Banneker eventually created his project solely out of which material?
(d) Scrap metal.
2. Who operated the company?
3. What was McCoy's position within the company?
4. What was the name of the major in charge of the plans for Washington, DC?
(d) L' Enfant,
5. What was the grandmother's heritage?
6. What item was invented during Latimer's association with the school?
(b) Dimmer switch.
7. What subject began to interest Banneker about this time?
(d) Earth Science.
8. Which company hired Latimer upon his return from war?
(a) Wright and Woods.
(b) Crosby and Gould.
(c) George and Cutler.
(d) Garrison and Douglass.
9. How long did it take for Banneker to create the item?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
10. In what capacity did Latimer work for Edison?
(c) Expert witness.
11. What was the name of Matzeliger's company?
(a) Boston Breeches.
(b) International Clothing Company.
(c) United Shoe Machinery Corporation.
(d) New England Clockworks.
12. Early on, Latimer developed which of the following for railroad cars?
(a) Beverage service.
(b) Water closets.
(c) Independent lighting systems.
(d) Sleeping quarters.
13. What did Rillieux's father do for a living?
(a) Bible salesman.
14. Latimer gained some fame after _____________.
(b) Writing a poem.
(c) Fighting for civil rights.
(d) Inventing the electric pencil sharpener.
15. To which religion was Banneker introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of mill was built?
2. At what age did Woods get his first job?
3. Which of the following was not invented by Granville Woods?
4. Which item was not invented by McCoy?
5. Which inventor was most often compared to Thomas Edison?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)