|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early on, Latimer developed which of the following for railroad cars?
(a) Water closets.
(b) Beverage service.
(c) Sleeping quarters.
(d) Independent lighting systems.
2. Morgan was also involved in working with what type of machines?
(b) Shoe manufacturing.
3. What did Rillieux's father do for a living?
(c) Bible salesman.
4. What was the woman's first name?
5. Rillieux became interested in the process of refining which of the following?
6. How old was Lewis hen his father left?
7. Woods' first patent was for which item?
(b) Lubrication system.
(d) Air brakes.
8. The company specialized in which area?
(a) Electrical accessories.
(c) Sewing machines.
(d) Small engine parts.
9. Which company hired Latimer upon his return from war?
(a) Crosby and Gould.
(b) Wright and Woods.
(c) George and Cutler.
(d) Garrison and Douglass.
10. Who operated the company?
11. Banneker eventually created his project solely out of which material?
(c) Scrap metal.
12. In which state was George Latimer born?
13. To which religion was Banneker introduced?
14. Who was called upon to recreate the plans after they were taken out of the country?
15. How many years did the woman spend in bondage for the crime?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the law passed due to Latimer's case?
2. What was the name of the major in charge of the plans for Washington, DC?
3. In 1881 Woods moved to which US city?
4. Banneker chastised the man for which of the following?
5. What item was given to Banneker as a gift?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)