|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lewis Latimer's middle name?
2. What type of company was opened by Woods?
(a) Physics lab.
(b) Shoe manufacturer.
3. What was the name of the company Latimer worked for next?
(a) Niagara Light and Power.
(b) US Electrical Lighting Co.
(c) General Electric.
(d) Boston Home Goods.
4. At what age did Woods get his first job?
5. What phrase was often used in regards to electrical engineering at the time?
(a) Study of arcs.
(b) Science of lightning.
(c) The ohm factor.
(d) Mystery of electricity.
6. The school specialized in which area?
(a) Disabled children.
(b) Electrical engineering.
(d) Art instruction.
7. To which important founding father did Banneker write?
8. Which adjective best describes Matzeliger's family?
9. Which inventor was most often compared to Thomas Edison?
10. Woods' first patent was for which item?
(a) Lubrication system.
(d) Air brakes.
11. What status was given to Banneker's mother?
12. What famous publication eulogized Latimer after his death?
(b) Boston Globe.
(d) New York Age.
13. How many patents were held by McCoy?
14. What was the former residence of the grandmother?
15. In what year was the product invented?
Short Answer Questions
1. Banneker chastised the man for which of the following?
2. Banneker was determined to create/build which item?
3. How old was Banneker in 1772?
4. How long did it take for Banneker to create the item?
5. What type of mill was built?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)