|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Griffin give the wife of the young black man?
(a) Clean cloth.
(d) A kiss.
2. After the well-dressed black man leaves, what is the name of the man who sits next to Griffin?
(a) Whitey Jones.
(b) Tom Cunningham.
(c) Bill Williams.
(d) Marcus Plumblee.
3. What types of rumors does Griffin try to dispel about blacks in the fifth section of the book?
(a) Education stereotypes.
(b) Sexual and moral stereotypes.
(c) Hygiene stereotypes.
(d) Travel methods stereotypes.
4. At the start of the fifth section of the book, where do Griffin and P.D. East go?
(a) New Orleans.
5. While he is at the church, why does Griffin pick up the piece of writing?
(a) He wants to know the Church's stance on race equality.
(b) He desperately wants to sit and read.
(c) He wants to find a safe place to stay.
(d) He is looking for spiritual guidance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Griffin decide to only go out at night in Montgomery?
2. Who is the author of the piece of writing Griffin picks up at the church?
3. In the fifth section of the book, what do many people warn Griffin about?
4. What do the children of the young black man ask Griffin?
5. What does the first white man Griffin meets in the sixth section of the book tell Griffin he and his friends do with blacks who misbehave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the black preacher Griffin meets in Mobile say he loves whites?
2. What does Griffin do in the Catholic church he visits?
3. How does Griffin feel when he calls his wife on the phone?
4. Why does P.D. East have to go to New Orleans?
5. Why is Sterling upset when Griffin goes to see him at the shoeshine stand?
6. Why does Griffin decide to go to Mississippi?
7. According to Griffin, what is the attitude of blacks in Montgomery?
8. Describe what Griffin sees on the bathroom wall of the bus station.
9. How does the city of Montgomery change for Griffin as he becomes more and more white?
10. Why do the young black man's children think they are having a party?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)