|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Griffin react to his interactions with the first white man he meets in the sixth section of the book?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is sympathetic.
(c) He is not phased.
(d) He is shocked.
2. Where does the well-dressed black man say his mother is from?
3. According to Griffin, how do many whites claim to keep their race pure?
(a) To lynch all blacks.
(b) To stop "inbreeding."
(c) To starve blacks.
(d) To "go after" black women.
4. In what city does the bus to Mississippi finally arrive?
5. In the fifth section of the book, what do many people warn Griffin about?
(a) Sexual encounters.
(b) Making trouble.
(c) Traveling to different cities.
(d) Revealing his identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside the bathroom with the flier, what does Griffin see in the trashcan?
2. While he is at the church, why does Griffin pick up the piece of writing?
3. According to Griffin, how do whites preserve their place in society?
4. How does Griffin remember his past experience in Mobile as a young, white man?
5. At the start of the fifth section of the book, where do Griffin and P.D. East go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attitude does Griffin feel most whites in Mobile take towards blacks?
2. What is once piece of advice that Bill Williams gives Griffin?
3. Explain why Griffin thinks white men pick him up while he is hitchhiking.
4. How does Griffin arrive at the house of his friend, P.D. East?
5. What does Griffin do in the Catholic church he visits?
6. Why does Griffin decide to go to Mississippi?
7. How does the man from Massachusetts Griffin meets while hitchhiking feel about people from Mississippi?
8. How does the attendant at the custard stand act toward Griffin when Griffin asks to use a restroom?
9. According to Griffin, what is the attitude of blacks in Montgomery?
10. What does Griffin do as he leaves the young black man's house?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)