|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the custard stand, what does Griffin buy?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) A glass of ice water.
(c) A soda.
(d) A coke float.
2. What state does Griffin decide to travel to during the second day of the sixth section of the book?
3. After visiting with the young black man, whom does Griffin call on the pay phone?
(a) Sterling Williams.
(b) His wife.
(c) George Levitan.
(d) His doctor.
4. In the fifth section of the book, what is the second city Griffin visits?
(c) New Orleans.
5. In the sixth section of the book, why does Griffin say that the night is a black man's paradise?
(a) He does not have to work.
(b) He feels he can blend into the darkness.
(c) He can being traveling again.
(d) He will not have to worry about food.
6. How old are the children of the black man who befriends Griffin in the sixth section of the book?
(a) Ten to fifteen.
(b) All are babies.
(c) Nine to four months.
(d) Nine to eighteen.
7. What man does Griffin credit with the difference in the attitude of blacks he notices in Montgomery?
(a) Nat King Cole.
(b) Inez Baskin.
(c) Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Ralph David Abernathy.
8. How does Griffin describe the white attitude toward blacks in Mobile?
(a) They are outright friendly toward blacks, more so than whites in other cities.
(b) They are accepting of blacks in all places.
(c) They don't hate blacks personally, they just don't want them around.
(d) They have a deep hatred of blacks on all levels.
9. How does the well-dressed black man make Griffin feel?
10. How long is the break the bus driver gives his passengers on the bus to Mississippi?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
11. What group of people does Griffin notice is particularly good at giving the hate stare?
(a) Older white women.
(b) White businessmen.
(c) Twenty-year-old white men.
12. After Griffin is dropped off downtown by P.D. East, what type of church does Griffin visit?
13. According to Griffin's observations, how do blacks on the bus interact with one another at first?
(a) They give each other hostile looks.
(b) There is an easy, comfortable comradeship.
(c) There is a noticeable tension between them.
(d) They do not speak to one another.
14. How do P.D. East's neighbors and friends treat him?
(a) They treat him with respect.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They spit on him in public.
(d) They are friendly with him.
15. According to Griffin, how do white people in Mississippi view their relationship with blacks?
(a) They say they have a good relationship with blacks.
(b) They say they do not have blacks in their state.
(c) They say they do not interact with blacks at all.
(d) They say they have a troubling relationship with blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Griffin arrives in Mobile, where does he stay the night?
2. What is the name of the well-dressed black man who gets on the bus at one of its stops?
3. At the start of the fourth section of the book, how much time has passed since Griffin became a black man?
4. After speaking with Sterling, why does Griffin decide to go to Mississippi?
5. According to Griffin, how do many whites claim to keep their race pure?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)