|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 8, 1959 (pages 17-38).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sterling Williams treat Griffin the first time they meet?
(a) He talks to him about his personal life.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) Like a friend.
(d) Like a white customer.
2. What major theme is introduced in the second section of the book?
(a) Hate within a group.
(b) Solidarity among males.
(c) Life and death.
(d) Hate between blacks and whites.
3. Who helps Griffin darken his skin?
(a) His wife.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A friend.
(d) The magazine owner.
4. Which authorities does Griffin decide to notify initially about his project?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The State Police.
5. Why does a black widow pay attention to Griffin?
(a) She is attracted to his nice clothing.
(b) She thinks he is handsome.
(c) She senses something is suspicious about him.
(d) She believes he is her dead husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his transformation, where does Griffin's first encounter with a white man take place?
2. How does Griffin view the black community at first?
3. According to Griffin's observations, what do blacks feel they cannot do?
4. What state is the author, John Howard Griffin, from?
5. What point of view does Griffin use to tell his story?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)