|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 28 -November 7, 1959 (pages 1-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first day in the first city he visits, what does Griffin do as a white man?
(a) Goes fishing with friends.
(b) Tries to find a place to live for when he becomes black.
(c) Tries to get a job at a newspaper.
(d) Goes to fancy restaurants and walks around the city.
2. What is the race of Sterling Williams?
(a) Native American.
3. Who helps Griffin darken his skin?
(a) A friend.
(b) A doctor.
(c) His wife.
(d) The magazine owner.
4. According to Griffin, what do Southern whites say about the relationship between blacks and whites?
(a) It is a healthy relationship.
(b) It is an abusive relationship.
(c) It is an invisible relationship.
(d) It is an unfair relationship.
5. What necessity does one black man help Griffin find, immediately after his transformation?
(a) A hotel.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Griffin's first encounter with a white man, how does the white man act toward Griffin?
2. Which authorities does Griffin decide to notify initially about his project?
3. What is the profession of Sterling Williams?
4. How does Sterling Williams treat Griffin the second time they meet?
5. How does Griffin pay for his journey as a black man?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)