|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 28 -November 7, 1959 (pages 1-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Griffin treated by the first black people he meets?
(a) They are cruel to him at first.
(b) They are immediately suspicious of him.
(c) They are difficult for him to talk to.
(d) They are instantly friendly toward him.
2. At what time of day does Griffin leave his place of stay after his transformation?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) In the middle of the day.
(c) Late at night.
(d) Early in the morning.
3. To which state does Griffin travel first?
4. Which of these fears is not one of the reactions Adelle Jackson has when she learns about Griffin's plan?
(a) She fears he will be hurt physically.
(b) She fears other whites will refuse to associate with him.
(c) She fears he will not be able to change his skin color back to white.
(d) She fears it will discredit his work.
5. Which of these best describes the methods Griffin uses to darken his skin?
(a) Hot irons and salve.
(b) Grease paint and dirt.
(c) Brown dye rubbed into his skin.
(d) Ultraviolet light and oral medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point of view does Griffin use to tell his story?
2. How does Griffin pay for his journey as a black man?
3. Where is the first location Griffin goes to, immediately after his transformation?
4. Which authorities does Griffin decide to notify initially about his project?
5. According to Griffin, what do Southern whites say about the relationship between blacks and whites?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)