|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 24- December 4, 1959 (pages 102-139).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the fifth section of the book, with whom do Griffin and P.D. East meet?
(a) Dean Sam Gandy.
(b) Sterling Williams.
(c) Dr. Sid Blander.
(d) George Levitan.
2. Which of these is a problem Griffin says blacks create for themselves?
(c) Ability to get a shoeshine.
3. At the start of the fourth section of the book, why is Sterling upset when Griffin goes to visit him?
(a) He has not had a customer in more than a week.
(b) He has heard about a disturbing court case involving a black man.
(c) He has heard that other blacks were suspicious of Griffin.
(d) He has not gotten paid by his last customer.
4. According to Griffin in his conversation with Mr. Gayle, what situation will allow blacks to advance?
(a) Equality in the job market.
(b) Equality in political positions.
(c) Black acceptance of their social status.
(d) The oppression of whites.
5. How does Sterling Williams treat Griffin the first time they meet?
(a) Like a white customer.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) Like a friend.
(d) He talks to him about his personal life.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of his day in the third section of the book, which of these words does not describe Griffin's mood?
2. According to Griffin, why do white men give him rides as a hitchhiker?
3. How does Griffin pay for his journey as a black man?
4. When Griffin gets on the bus in Mississippi, where does he sit?
5. At the start of the fifth section of the book, where do Griffin and P.D. East go?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)