|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 24- December 4, 1959 (pages 102-139).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Griffin in his conversation with Mr. Gayle, what situation will allow blacks to advance?
(a) Equality in the job market.
(b) Black acceptance of their social status.
(c) Equality in political positions.
(d) The oppression of whites.
2. Why, as Griffin learns, should he not look at a white woman?
(a) It is considered friendly.
(b) It will be taken as a sexual advance.
(c) It will be taken as a compliment.
(d) It is considered a submissive gesture.
3. When Griffin gets on the bus in Mississippi, where does he sit?
(a) At the back of the bus.
(b) Next to a white woman.
(c) At the front of the bus.
(d) Next to a white man.
4. Who helps Griffin darken his skin?
(a) The magazine owner.
(b) His wife.
(c) A friend.
(d) A doctor.
5. Which of these fears is not one of the reactions Adelle Jackson has when she learns about Griffin's plan?
(a) She fears he will not be able to change his skin color back to white.
(b) She fears it will discredit his work.
(c) She fears he will be hurt physically.
(d) She fears other whites will refuse to associate with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Griffin, how do many whites claim to keep their race pure?
2. At what time of day does Griffin leave his place of stay after his transformation?
3. According to Griffin, what do Southern whites say about the relationship between blacks and whites?
4. What does Griffin say is the biggest problem blacks have?
5. While he is at the church, why does Griffin pick up the piece of writing?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)