|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 24- December 4, 1959 (pages 102-139).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the fourth section of the book, why is Sterling upset when Griffin goes to visit him?
(a) He has not had a customer in more than a week.
(b) He has not gotten paid by his last customer.
(c) He has heard that other blacks were suspicious of Griffin.
(d) He has heard about a disturbing court case involving a black man.
2. What does Griffin give the wife of the young black man?
(b) Clean cloth.
(d) A kiss.
3. Why, as Griffin learns, should he walk down the middle of the street?
(a) It will help keep his shoes clean.
(b) It will keep him safe from white men.
(c) It will keep him from walking near white restaurants.
(d) It will help decrease his chances of getting robbed.
4. What group of people does Griffin notice is particularly good at giving the hate stare?
(b) Older white women.
(c) Twenty-year-old white men.
(d) White businessmen.
5. After Griffin is dropped off downtown by P.D. East, what type of church does Griffin visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the public space that Griffin sits down in after his walk, during the third section of the book?
2. While Griffin is traveling on public transportation, a white woman looks at Griffin. What type of emotion does Griffin feel this look conveys?
3. According to Griffin, what do Southern whites say about the relationship between blacks and whites?
4. While Griffin is walking and looking at restaurants in the third section of the book, why does Griffin feel embarrassed?
5. After Griffin leaves the school in the third section of the book, what type of transportation does he use?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)