|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 14, 1959 (pages 45-77).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Griffin decide to react if anyone asks him who he is during his journey?
(a) He will use a consistent pseudonym.
(b) He will answer in another language.
(c) He will answer with a different false name each time.
(d) He will answer with is real name.
2. What does Griffin discusses with Reverend A. L. Davis and Mr. Gayle?
(a) How to improve the YMCA.
(b) The "problem" of blacks.
(c) Housing options.
(d) His project and its details.
3. According to Griffin in his conversation with Mr. Gayle, what situation will allow blacks to advance?
(a) The oppression of whites.
(b) Equality in political positions.
(c) Equality in the job market.
(d) Black acceptance of their social status.
4. After Griffin leaves the school in the third section of the book, what type of transportation does he use?
(a) He walks.
(b) The train.
(c) The trolley.
(d) The bus.
5. What state is the author, John Howard Griffin, from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a black widow pay attention to Griffin?
2. To which state does Griffin travel first?
3. Why, as Griffin learns, should he not look at a white woman?
4. What does Sterling do with his lunch scraps?
5. What type of church does Griffin want to attend?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)