|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 14, 1959 (pages 45-77).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a black widow pay attention to Griffin?
(a) She is attracted to his nice clothing.
(b) She thinks he is handsome.
(c) She senses something is suspicious about him.
(d) She believes he is her dead husband.
2. What major theme is introduced in the second section of the book?
(a) Hate within a group.
(b) Solidarity among males.
(c) Hate between blacks and whites.
(d) Life and death.
3. What does Griffin say blacks use to be noticed?
4. According to Griffin's observations, what is one tactic whites use to keep blacks in place?
(a) Limiting the types of foods blacks can eat.
(b) Letting blacks berate one another.
(c) Limiting the types of jobs blacks can have.
(d) Treating blacks poorly in public.
5. Why, as Griffin learns, should he walk down the middle of the street?
(a) It will keep him safe from white men.
(b) It will help decrease his chances of getting robbed.
(c) It will help keep his shoes clean.
(d) It will keep him from walking near white restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Griffin in his conversation with Mr. Gayle, what can blacks attain to become more equal in society?
2. What is the name of the black magazine Griffin's friend owns?
3. What necessity does one black man help Griffin find, immediately after his transformation?
4. While Griffin is sitting in the public space during the third section of the book, what does the white man tell him?
5. What point of view does Griffin use to tell his story?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)