|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 24- December 4, 1959 (pages 102-139).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Griffin is traveling on public transportation, a white woman looks at Griffin. What type of emotion does Griffin feel this look conveys?
2. According to Griffin's observations, what do blacks feel they cannot do?
(a) Sit anywhere on the bus.
(b) Heighten their place among other blacks.
(c) Heighten their place in society.
(d) Be treated with respect by anyone.
3. What does Griffin do to his skin to help get rid of some of the color?
(a) Runs around town to sweat.
(b) Coats himself with oatmeal.
(c) Rubs his skin raw.
(d) Takes his medication.
4. Besides Sterling, with whom does Griffin eat lunch at the shoeshine stand?
(a) The black widow.
(b) George Levitan.
(c) Sterling's friend Joe.
(d) Sterling's brother.
5. From whom does Griffin decide to rent a room?
(a) Mr. Gayle.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) Sterling Williams.
(d) Mrs. Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does P.D. East give Griffin to read?
2. How long is the break the bus driver gives his passengers on the bus to Mississippi?
3. Why does Griffin decide to only go out at night in Montgomery?
4. What profession does P.D. East have?
5. How does Sterling talk to Griffin when he meets him as a black man for the first time?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)