|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lorene describe Ricky Lockhart?
(a) A sensitive white boy.
(b) A beautiful black boy.
(c) A beautiful Puerto Rican boy.
(d) A strong black man.
2. In what year of high school is Lorene in in Chapter 10?
(a) Junior year.
(b) Sophomore year.
(c) Freshman year.
(d) Senior year.
3. Who is Vernon Jordan?
(a) Head of the Black Panthers.
(b) Lorene's math tutor.
(c) President of the National Urban League.
(d) Head of the Nation of Islam in America.
4. Where was Lorene molested during her summer job?
(a) In the freezer.
(b) In the store room.
(c) In the office.
(d) In the art cabin.
5. What does Lorene say the other students do before Spring Break?
(a) Clean up their rooms.
(b) Buy bathing suits.
(c) Study for midterms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Lorene terrified by the end of Chapter 6?
2. Who is Booker?
3. What is the staff's reaction when Lorene tells what happened, and gets the man fired who molested her?
4. What does Lorene say she likes about her sport?
5. How does Jimmy make up for his theft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lorene's mother's health at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Describe Lorene's experience tutoring black students.
3. What is Lorene's experience on the black ice?
4. Describe Lorene's friendship with Janie Saunders.
5. Describe Lorene's workplace for the summer after her first year.
6. How has Lorene changed between her first year and her final year?
7. What happens with the cook who everyone fears?
8. What does black ice symbolize?
9. Describe Ricky Lockhart's visit to St. Paul's.
10. Describe Lorene's campaign for student council.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)