|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what can Lorene talk to India?
(a) How crazy white people can be.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her anxieties.
2. What is Lorene starting to do at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Tutor black students.
(b) Preach forgiveness to black students.
(c) Agitate for more freedoms for black students.
(d) Teach classes of her own.
3. What is Lorene's goal for the summer?
(a) Save a lot of money.
(b) Meet a boy.
(d) Learn calculus.
4. What does Lorene want from her education?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) Skills it takes years to learn.
(c) A husband.
(d) Good contacts.
5. What is Grace's ethnicity?
(d) Puerto Rican.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jimmy make up for his theft?
2. Where was Lorene molested during her summer job?
3. On what committee does Lorene sit, in Chapter 10?
4. Why was Ricky Lockhart's visit a problem?
5. Why was Booker embarrassed on his date with Lorene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lorene's relationship with Anthony Wade.
2. What happens with the cook who everyone fears?
3. What is Lorene looking forward to by the end of her first year?
4. What does black ice symbolize?
5. What is Lorene's experience on the black ice?
6. What is Lorene's relationship with Alma?
7. Describe Lorene's friendship with India.
8. What happens to Lorene's mother's health at the end of Chapter 10?
9. Describe Lorene's campaign for student council.
10. How does sitting on the Disciplinary Committee change Lorene?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)