|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Annette?
(a) Lorene's roommate.
(b) Lorene's study partner.
(c) Lorene's pen pal.
(d) Lorene's friend.
2. On what committee does Lorene sit, in Chapter 10?
(a) The Social Committee.
(b) The Hiring Committee.
(c) The Planning Committee.
(d) The Discipline Committee.
3. What is Grace's ethnicity?
(b) Puerto Rican.
4. Where do the other black people work?
(a) On the sales floor.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Behind the counter.
(d) In the cabins.
5. In what year of high school is Lorene in in Chapter 10?
(a) Junior year.
(b) Freshman year.
(c) Sophomore year.
(d) Senior year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jimmy make up for his theft?
2. What is the significance of black ice for Lorene?
3. Of what is Lorene terrified by the end of Chapter 6?
4. Who is Archibald Cox talking about when he says "our kind of people"?
5. What does Alma say years later was Lorene's relationship with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lorene's experience on the black ice?
2. Describe Lorene's rendezvous with Ricky Lockhart at his school.
3. Describe Lorene's date with Booker.
4. What areLorene's grades like on her first report card?
5. Describe Lorene's workplace for the summer after her first year.
6. Why is Lorene impatient with school?
7. How has Lorene changed between her first year and her final year?
8. What is Lorene's relationship with Alma?
9. What is Lorene's experience of drugs like?
10. Describe Ricky Lockhart's visit to St. Paul's.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)