|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vernon Jordan?
(a) Head of the Nation of Islam in America.
(b) Lorene's math tutor.
(c) Head of the Black Panthers.
(d) President of the National Urban League.
2. What does Lorene think about when she is on the ice?
(a) Promises Jimmy Hill made to her.
(b) Things her mother told her about sex.
(c) Things she learned from Ricky Lockhart.
(d) Things her father told her about white people.
3. Who is Ricky Lockhart?
(a) Lorene's pen pal.
(b) Lorene's study partner.
(c) Lorene's boyfriend.
(d) Lorene's admirer.
4. What is Lorene's goal for the summer?
(a) Save a lot of money.
(b) Learn calculus.
(c) Meet a boy.
5. What does Lorene say she likes about her sport?
(a) The teamwork.
(b) The speed.
(c) The thrill of victory.
(d) Watching the scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what committee does Lorene sit, in Chapter 10?
2. What has changed for Lorene by Chapter 10?
3. What does Lorene say the other students do before Spring Break?
4. What was Lorene's worst subject?
5. What does Lorene's teacher tell her about her worst subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lorene's date with Booker.
2. How does sitting on the Disciplinary Committee change Lorene?
3. Describe Lorene's workplace for the summer after her first year.
4. What happens with the cook who everyone fears?
5. Describe Ricky Lockhart's visit to St. Paul's.
6. Describe Lorene's visit to Ricky Lockhart in New York.
7. How has Lorene changed between her first year and her final year?
8. What does black ice symbolize?
9. Describe Lorene's experience tutoring black students.
10. Describe Lorene's friendship with Janie Saunders.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)