|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Price?
(a) The admissions officer for St. Paul's.
(b) A black teacher.
(c) The president of St. Paul's.
(d) A black professional.
2. Where does Lorene go to school?
(b) St. Paul's.
(d) Philips Exeter.
3. About what does Lorene say she wants to start a discussion?
(a) America's ideas about workers' rights.
(b) Modern ideas about women's rights.
(c) The history of slavery in the North.
(d) Growing up black in America.
4. What position has Lorene occupied at St. Paul's?
(a) Loan officer.
(d) Admissions officer.
5. What does Lorene feel she has done, by getting into St. Paul's?
(a) Entered white society as an equal.
(b) Made her family happy.
(c) Escaped from the South.
(d) Betrayed her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorene feel about the other students by November?
2. What does Lorene say is the white teachers' feeling about black students?
3. How does Lorene describe the black kids she meets at St. Paul's?
4. When is Chapter 1 set?
5. What is it about the Puerto Rican boy that makes Lorene's mother furious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Evans tell Lorene about St. Paul's?
2. Who is Lorene Carey and what brings her to this setting?
3. Describe Lorene's relation with white girls.
4. Who are the first people Lorene describes meeting?
5. What is Lorene doing now?
6. Where is Black Ice set?
7. What does Lorene's mother ask at the meet and greet?
8. When is the last chapter set?
9. What is Lorene's objection regarding her religion exam?
10. What does Lorene feel about her first religion class?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)