|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ricky Lockhart ask Lorene over the summer?
(a) To visit him.
(b) To help him connect with another girl.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To sleep with him.
2. Who is Ricky Lockhart?
(a) Lorene's boyfriend.
(b) Lorene's admirer.
(c) Lorene's pen pal.
(d) Lorene's study partner.
3. What does Lorene want from her education?
(a) Skills it takes years to learn.
(b) Good contacts.
(c) A husband.
(d) A boyfriend.
4. How does Lorene describe Alma Howard?
(a) Loyal and relaxed.
(b) Tense and exciting.
(c) Competitive and sneaky.
(d) Shy and smart.
5. What is Lorene's view about how blacks should address inequality in American culture?
(a) She believes they should fight.
(b) She believes they should invest in education.
(c) She believes they should negotiate non-violently.
(d) She believes they should focus on economic stability and prosperity.
6. What is Lorene's goal for the summer?
(a) Learn calculus.
(c) Save a lot of money.
(d) Meet a boy.
7. How does Lorene characterize her relationship with her mother?
(a) Her mother is a coat she has outgrown.
(b) Her mother is her other half.
(c) Her mother is a nest from which she has flown.
(d) Her mother is an obstacle she has cleared.
8. Where do Lorene's parents move at the end of Chapter 9?
(c) New Hampshire.
9. How does Lorene describe Ricky Lockhart?
(a) A beautiful black boy.
(b) A beautiful Puerto Rican boy.
(c) A sensitive white boy.
(d) A strong black man.
10. What happens during Ricky Lockhart's visit?
(a) He sleeps with Lorene's roommate.
(b) He sleeps with Lorene.
(c) He confesses his love to Lorene.
(d) He insults Lorene.
11. What has changed for Lorene by Chapter 10?
(a) She is more comfortable with the school rituals.
(b) She is living with her parents.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is class president.
12. In what year of high school is Lorene in in Chapter 10?
(a) Junior year.
(b) Freshman year.
(c) Senior year.
(d) Sophomore year.
13. To what student council position does Lorene get elected?
14. What does Lorene say she likes about her sport?
(a) The speed.
(b) The teamwork.
(c) Watching the scenery.
(d) The thrill of victory.
15. What does Lorene feel about smoking marijuana?
(a) She is unhappy and feels lost.
(b) She is glad to finally be experiencing something.
(c) She is disappointed because she had heard so much about it.
(d) She is angry at herself for betraying her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Lorene terrified by the end of Chapter 6?
2. Where does Ricky Lockhart invite Lorene?
3. Why does Lorene refuse to travel to California?
4. Who is Ms. Clinton?
5. What does Lorene say the other students do before Spring Break?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)