|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorene feel about the other students by November?
2. What does Alma say years later was Lorene's relationship with her?
(a) Alma said that Lorene scared her into chastity and abstinence from drink.
(b) Alma said that Lorene was an effective taskmaster who helped her get good grades.
(c) Alma said that Lorene made a project of her.
(d) Alma said that Lorene inspired her.
3. What does Lorene's mother say was unfair about the science fair in which Lorene was entered?
(a) Teachers made exceptions for white students but not for Lorene.
(b) Teachers judged Lorene's work by a different standard.
(c) Lorene's teachers made so many allowances for her that the competition wasn't fair.
(d) Teachers asked Lorene to participate in order to humiliate her.
4. What is Lorene's goal for the summer?
(b) Meet a boy.
(c) Learn calculus.
(d) Save a lot of money.
5. Why does Lorene refuse to travel to California?
(a) She does not believe she can get into Berkeley.
(b) Her mother is sick.
(c) She cannot afford it.
(d) The school will not allow her time off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinction does Lorene earn in winter term?
2. Who is Mr. Price?
3. What is just ending for Lorene at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Lorene feel about the sport she chooses for spring?
5. What question bothers Lorene on her religion exam?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)