|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the wombats?
(a) The school mascots.
(b) Mentally retarded white kids.
(c) The black students.
(d) The Hispanic students.
2. What is the staff's reaction when Lorene tells what happened, and gets the man fired who molested her?
(a) They criticize her for being snobbish.
(b) They won't talk to her.
(c) They treat her like a hero.
(d) They accuse her of being loose.
3. What does the person Lorene and her parents see give Lorene?
(a) A graduation gift of $5.
(b) Encouragement and a description of the administration.
(c) A warning about coming here as a black student.
(d) A map of the school.
4. What change was made at St. Paul's in 1971?
(a) It went gone co-ed.
(b) It started an Affirmative Action program.
(c) It started to accept blacks.
(d) It started to transition to being an all-black school.
5. What did Lorene's mother say she had not done until after she was married?
(a) Lived away from her parents.
(b) Left her state.
(c) Learned about sex.
(d) Opened a checking account.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lorene's parents move at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What does Lorene say, years later, has happened to the person she and her parents saw their first day at St. Paul's?
3. Why do the white girls say that they don't say anything around Lorene?
4. Why was Ricky Lockhart's visit a problem?
5. What is North Upper?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)