|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many High Honors does Lorene have in her first report card?
2. What has Mr. Evans given to Lorene?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A book.
(c) An expensive fountain pen.
(d) A journal.
3. What does Lorene feel about the sport she chooses for spring?
(a) She does not hate it.
(b) She comes to loathe it.
(c) She masters it quickly.
(d) She is passionate about it.
4. About what does Lorene say she wants to start a discussion?
(a) Growing up black in America.
(b) The history of slavery in the North.
(c) America's ideas about workers' rights.
(d) Modern ideas about women's rights.
5. What does Lorene say about black ice at the end of the novel?
(a) That she has never skated on it.
(b) That she will save her students from having to learn how to drive on it by experience.
(c) That she will teach her students to use it for their own good.
(d) That she will keep her kids from skating on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realizes that Lorene is high?
2. Who is Mr. Price?
3. How does Lorene characterize her relationship with her mother?
4. What is Lorene's response to what happens during Ricky Lockhart's visit?
5. What does Lorene feel about the other white students?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)