|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stereotypes does Lorene hear about black people?
(a) That they are brilliant in the arts but slow academically.
(b) That they do not take care of their people.
(c) That they cannot be taught.
(d) That they are lazy and slovenly.
2. What does Lorene's mother ask at the meet and greet?
(a) Who will teach her daughter to withstand white culture.
(b) Who will advocate for her daughter.
(c) Who will protect her daughter from the white students' insults.
(d) Whether competition will be fair.
3. What has changed about Lorene's mother at Parents Day?
(a) Her hair style.
(b) Her speech.
(c) Her brand of cigarette.
(d) Her clothing.
4. For what does Mr. Dick say Lorene should be prepared at St. Paul's?
(a) Relentless work without breaks.
(b) Three hours of homework every night.
(c) Racism and condescension from her teachers.
(d) Competitiveness and even meanness in the students.
5. From where is Jimmy Hill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorene remember when Jimmy Hill talks about turning out St. Paul's?
2. Who is Pam Hudson?
3. Why do the white girls say that they don't say anything around Lorene?
4. When is Chapter 1 set?
5. What question bothers Lorene on her religion exam?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)