1. Who is Lorene?
(a) The main character's daughter.
(b) The main character's friend.
(c) The main character of Black Ice.
(d) The main character's mother.
2. Where is Lorene from?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
3. Where does Lorene go to school?
(b) St. Paul's.
(d) Philips Exeter.
4. What are Lorene's feelings about her classmates?
(a) She feels persecuted.
(b) She feels left out.
(c) She feels like a mascot.
(d) She feels like the pride of her school.
5. When does Black Ice begin?
6. What is the scene where Black Ice begins?
(a) Summer vacation on Martha's Vineyard.
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The day before Christmas break.
7. Of what does the opening scene remind Lorene?
(a) Her own time as a student.
(b) Her parents' house in South Carolina.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her daughter.
8. What does Lorene say about where her daughter will go to school?
(a) She won't go to St. Paul's.
(b) She'll go to St. Paul's.
(c) She'll go to Phillips Exeter.
(d) She'll have to decide for herself.
This section contains 4,910 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)